How soon to move from myspace email to IM chat?

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick question. How long should you wait to move a girl from Myspace to IM chat? I would think if you're suggesting it your first reply, you might look a bit too eager. Or is there a smooth and subtle way such as signing your message with your IM screen name?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'd give one c&f reply without your AIM id before you transition to chat.

I still don't understand how you guys are getting girls to respond to your myspace messages, tho...

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think i'll ask for the girl's and give her mine all-in-one sentence. Wondering if most chicks are ready to go to IM after just one exchange of messages. No biggie...

Last edited:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there is a difference? neither involve you actually touching her

ConantheLibertarian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
there is a difference? neither involve you actually touching her
No kidding, this question should read, how soon should I move the date to "myplace?" Not myspace.

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you guys are right. Either way is impersonal and it seems a bit rediculous to analyze such a thing. I'm just paranoid of coming off as too interested too soon. I guess i've always seen IM chatting as the next step, however small. I mean, it IS real-time communication, so it is making a demand for more of the girl's time. You know how quickly "just ten minutes then i'm going to bed" can translate into "two hours later". Though i now realize that sort of length is too long for any self-respecting DJ...plus, is a DJ really going to have a lot of time to chat this girl and that girl while being active and busy, devoted to his passions? Yeah, yeah, chat the girl up for a few minutes, when you get the chance. I haven't used IM heavily as it normally took up many hours of my time while the girls leeched me for all my attention-giving time. Going forward, i'll view chatting as just that, the same as approaching a girl in the field. If you can chat up a stranger right away, you can chat up a new myspace-facebook-etc hottie right away.

Reaction score
you are 33 and are analyzing how to get a girl to chat?

i think you need one of the DJ Bootcamps

thursday

Don Juan
Reaction score
really doesn't matter. If she's interested in you, she'll likely accept anyway.

And if she ignores you, you have your answer.

Do try to make the subject and the actual message unique though, as girls tend to get hundreds of messages every week (or even day) and will read only some.

Unless she is a webcam girl or some other slvt, she will also be put off if you are too sleazy. So try to keep it clean - there are too many creepy internet guys out there and you could just put yourself into that category.

Reaction score
all you gotta do is say "whats your screen name?" anytime u want.....why make a whole thread about analyzing such a silly situation??

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just paranoid of coming off as too interested too soon.
well, you're right that it's not a big deal when you transition, but I think your question was legitimate nonetheless. Ideally, I think you would come off as less of a player if you developed a tad bit of rapport over myspace msgs first. If you attract her enough, she might even just send you her contact info first, in which case you know things are going smoothly.

imo, since they're both impersonal communication media, they will both kinda suck at generating real attraction. Therefore, you oughta make the most of the easier of the two: myspace msgs. You can use c&f more easily and perhaps establish more rapport if you have time to think up a response

and yeah, once you get the chat id, I wouldn't spend more than about 15 minutes max talking to her before you "have to go do some stuff" and sign off. Then don't chat with her a couple days, and when you do chat her again, ask her to coffee or w/e and get her #

i'm no online expert by any means. as I said, I can't even figure out how to get girls to respond to my friend requests half the time, but this formula has worked for me before