How should I ask for a phone number, and what do I do with it?

sethosayher

Don Juan
Reaction score
You might have seen my previous post about getting the same girl a b-day present...anyway, I was just wondering, how exactly does one get a phone number? I'm guessing we should get into a convo about hanging out, and ask her number there - am I right? When I get it, when should I call? I see her daily at school anyway, so I wonder if it matters if I wait a few days or not. And when I do call...what do I do? Set up a date or have a good conversation with her?

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
you can just bring it up out of nowhere, i do that sometimes.

as for what you should do with the number, i suggest writing it on a piece of paper and eating it:rolleyes:

seriously though, you use that number to set up dates(or you can put it as hanging out, doesn't really matter). or to get hw help

sethosayher

Don Juan
Reaction score

Like, just going up to her and going, "Hey, what's your Phone Number?"

That works? @_@

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Number should be received while in the midst of making plans. That's the normal way of rolling with a number. Even email can be fine.

Of course, I'm not normal though. My #1 target, I have her address, but not her number/email. Uh huh...

-"Hey, what's your Phone Number?". It CAN work, given the right moment. Usually..you'll have to have more to it when she questions it!

sethosayher

Don Juan
Reaction score
Docs said:
Number should be received while in the midst of making plans. That's the normal way of rolling with a number. Even email can be fine.

Of course, I'm not normal though. My #1 target, I have her address, but not her number/email. Uh huh...

-"Hey, what's your Phone Number?". It CAN work, given the right moment. Usually..you'll have to have more to it when she questions it!
lol...oh, I have one obstacle to getting her number...she gave me her screen name, can't she just say that I could IM her to make plans or w/e? Or am I over thinking this?

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
A number is not required. A email is not required. Hell, a NAME is not required. (see lastest WIPFR in sig...and Feb FR)

One lesson you should of learnt already from reading here is that Pickup is not linear. There is no one way to do something, but there are an infinate amount of ways to do one thing.

So you got her screen name. That's fine. Fluff her up, ask her to go somewhere, and if you want, get her number so you can call her if required.

sethosayher

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I don't really need her number, when I think about it. You're right - I guess I just assumed I needed it, but in the end I can do fine without it.

Eventually, of course, I hope to get it - she's usually online daily, but spends a lot of time away - a phone number could let me reach her if she isn't available on aim.

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jesus fvcking christ, just ask her for the number why the hell are you even thinking about this. If she likes you she gives it to you, if not she doesn't and you know where you stand. Goddamn...what happened to guys with testosterone?

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
sethosayher said:

Like, just going up to her and going, "Hey, what's your Phone Number?"

That works? @_@

yes. i actually went on a number asking spree a month or two back.

went up to 4 different girls that i kinda knew, like talked to once or twice. just went up to them "gimme your number...before i don't want it" i got 4 numbers that day.

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
are you ****ing kidding me. thats all i have to say.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, lay off the noob. We were all there at one time.

However, sethosayer, we aren't here to hold your hand.

Read the stickies at the top of this forum. If you had, you wouldn't be asking this question.

To answer something...YES, you ARE overthinking this. Making plans with her isn't rocket science, it's human nature. If you have her screen name already, just do some small talk with her and make plans.