How often do you get smiled at relative to your looks?

itouchyou

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's something I've been thinking about a lot.

For me, in general when I am chubby I get zero looks from women, as if I'm invisible. Once I lose some fat I notice a gradual increase in attention from women. Initially I will catch women looking my way for a few seconds. Then as I get closer to being lean, I get women staring. Then when I'm at a very low bodyfat, I get women flat out ogling, and occasionally smiling, despite me not doing anything. Even then, smiling isn't a common occurrence. Most of the time what happens is that I'll simply get the female gaze, and strong eye contact.

If you were to guess, at what looks rating out of 10 do you think guys consistently get smiled at? Is it something that only the best looking men experience, or do even average guys get it?

From what I understand, women are very selective in their eye contact, so for a guy to not only get looked at, but smiled at, that must mean he's very attractive, especially in this day and age when women admit that they find 80% of guys unattractive.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I get looked up and down like I'm a piece of meat and they are a hungry lionness more often than smiles.

Probably cause I am walking around in muscle tank tops a lot or with my shirt off

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

For me, in general when I am chubby I get zero looks from women, as if I'm invisible. Once I lose some fat I notice a gradual increase in attention from women. Initially I will catch women looking my way for a few seconds. Then as I get closer to being lean, I get women staring. Then when I'm at a very low bodyfat, I get women flat out ogling, and occasionally smiling, despite me not doing anything. Even then, smiling isn't a common occurrence. Most of the time what happens is that I'll simply get the female gaze, and strong eye contact.

If you were to guess, at what looks rating out of 10 do you think guys consistently get smiled at? Is it something that only the best looking men experience, or do even average guys get it?

From what I understand, women are very selective in their eye contact, so for a guy to not only get looked at, but smiled at, that must mean he's very attractive, especially in this day and age when women admit that they find 80% of guys unattractive.
i think it's quite rare and you' need to be like an 8 or something (conventionally)

Out out hundreds of friends in my life, I can only think of 3 who were just absolutely pu$$y magnets who young hot girls would constantly approach/flirt with/ etc. All they had to do was not pi$$ their pants and they'd get the lay.

Used to write about one of them in my old FR's/LR's as he was my main wing. Hottest girls in the bars would just walk up to him and put it on a plate lol. Many time per night

But they were all just very handsome facially. Kinda model good looks (and fairly young. Ain't no old boy getting hit up by prime, teen,) mega hot girls). Only in their imaginations on places like reddit and other forums lol

Last edited:

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quite often. But I think it's also somewhat self fulfilling. I'm comfortable with myself and confident, so I make eye contact and smile as well.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experience girls who dig you won't smile at you but they will look at you with "that look", with that little something in their eyes, and they will (try) do it subtly.
I'm considered as a tall dark handsome guy with a nice style, I get looks all the time. But smiles? almost never. Girls told me in the past that I give off a "dominance" vibe, which is usually doesn't trigger a smile but submission and respect.

inquisitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If I were to guess, I won't because it's a pointless question. Why learn about that rating when you can instead focus on yourself - not even put yourself on a rating, just look the best that you can. Why get consistently smiled at? What for? To stroke your ego?

In my (little) experience, I guess because of my strong intuition and eye contact, I've had a few smiles when I stare with girls I've considered friends in high school. In college, I've only had one that I consistently smiled with, but nothing happened between us.

This smiling thing is more of a covert conversation, that both of you get something - a vibe, a feeling, whatever it is. However, what really matters is what you want, not some phenomenon that you think you can make happen through sheer force or lookism.

The times when these smiles happened to me, as I think they have happened to you as well, happened because I wasn't expecting much of anything. I just wanted eye contact, wanted my share in this sh!t game, and if we vibe, we smile.

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experience girls who dig you won't smile at you but they will look at you with "that look", with that little something in their eyes, and they will (try) do it subtly.
I'm considered as a tall dark handsome guy with a nice style, I get looks all the time. But smiles? almost never. Girls told me in the past that I give off a "dominance" vibe, which is usually doesn't trigger a smile but submission and respect.
That's true. A lot of guys will mistake the lack of smile for lack of interest. A lot of women aren't just going to put themselves out there in an obvious way.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I get smiled at quite often, provided I've dolled myself up like so
prior to walking out the door

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I get more than smiles. Like they are thinking what it would be like to be getting fvcked senseless by me or something as I am standing there.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If one is GL, one already knows. There is no guesswork. It is not subtle.

p_1337

Don Juan
Reaction score
Likewise -- but what's your approach once you detect 'the look'?

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a 7 or 7.5. I am probably average facially, but I am tall (6 feet) and in better shape than many men my age (47).

I get the occasional smile from a woman and then the ones who lock eye contact for a second or two longer than normal. This doesn't happen every day, but maybe a few times a month.