How often do you feel euphoric?

lakeshore

Don Juan
Reaction score
No drugs. Maybe alcohol but no drugs.

For me, it seems to be every 2-3 years something happens that makes me feel this way.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
try meditating. You will feel euphoric more often. Its all a state of mind.

lakeshore

Don Juan
Reaction score
[QUOTEIts all a state of mind.[/QUOTE]

that may be true, but there has to be a trigger or catylist i would think

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lakeshore said:
that may be true, but there has to be a trigger or catylist i would think

Not at all. Read up on meditating. There's a lot of info there. I recommend everyone to meditate for at least 5 mins per day. Very good for you.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
meditation, chi gong, some good hypnosis CD's and a book called "You Can Have It All," by Arnold Patent are all methods I've used to find euphoria fairly consistently.

If you are depending on some sort of external "trigger" you are mistaken. That is the easiest way, but in reality that external "trigger' causes you to have an internal response.

With practice, you can learn to create that internal response despite your external circumstances. Don't be misled, it does take quite a bit of time to master, but it is one of the more worthy pursuits.

If you want a quick and dirty shortcut, choose a goal that is just out of reach, and then figure out a way to make it happen. That usually feels pretty good.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I smoke lots of weed. I feel it almost every day.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fertileTurtle said:
I smoke lots of weed. I feel it almost every day.
no wonder you were so against me on the assault thread. You're a drug addict, LOL

RMM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lately, when I'm nearing the end of my cardio/HIIT I feel pretty damn high. I guess it's the endorphins.

U

user43770

I don't feel euphoric very often. On the bright side, I don't have too many lows, either.

rocksoff

Don Juan
Reaction score
i feel euphoric once or twice a day right after jacking off

Xx1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cr1msonKing said:
A little ganja never hurt nobody.
I personally have nothing against weed smokers, I used to be a daily smoker... One thing that always drove me insane is people who smoke weed and discuss topics like:
  • how high they feel
  • how dank this weed is and how much better it is than yours
  • how great the dealer is. i've seen some of the most stuck up people turn to pu$$ys when their dealer arrives, losing all their self-pride (that's one reason I don't smoke much. I'm not gonna waste hard earned cash so that somebody can make a living off me - it's hard to have a real friendship with a dealer because it's all business and they'll be so nice to you regardless)
  • why they should legalize weed
  • why everybody should smoke weed
  • 4:20 (it's played out)
  • weed is natural VS. other drugs that aren't
  • start staring at the weed closely as if it was a diamond or something
  • laughing idiotically (if you can't handle getting high and maintaining a regular convo, then don't) - real smokers don't get stupid when they smoke, they get more creative
I'm a casual smoker.

I remember this Dave Chappelle stand up where he said (not exact words):
Dave: I stopped smoking weed (the audience is like :confused:)
Dave: You didn't let me finish, I said I stopped smoking weed, with black folks... I strictly smoke with white people only!
Dave: All blacks talk about when they get high is their court cases, parole, baby mama trouble and all kinds of problems
Dave: When white people get high, all they talk about is other times they got high.

lol, that's true.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are we defining as euphoric? When I think of euphoric, I'm thinking of an experience so intense in pleasure(not counting physical pleasure like sex or food), that I just can't stop smiling or sitting there with my mouth open in awe and amazement, where for that total moment all pain has been forgotten and I'm caught up in the moment.

Last time I clearly recall that was at a party where I was rubbing on this girls skin and it just felt so damn good. We were drinking and smoking weed and then we went outside and made out. That felt pretty damn good.

Then I'm thinking also of going hang gliding for the first time earlier this year. That was a bit of euphoria, fear and excitement all rolled into one. Powerless flight will do that.

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When playing in a team sport against tough opposition very well and winning (which isn't often), after good sex, and I know the OP said no drugs, but when on ecstasy. Maybe 2-3 times a year.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiesman44 said:
no wonder you were so against me on the assault thread. You're a drug addict, LOL
With all due respect. You think that really had anything to do with it? The only people who know I smoke are the people I want to know. I hide it well. You wouldn't know I smoked if you knew me, unless I knew you were down with it. I also know of quite a few people in positions of power and even a couple of Judges and so many police officers and lawyers who smoke or are cool with it I can't even name them all.

Yes I do like to smoke, but I don't do pills or anything but the Green and drink like maybe 2-3 times a week. I really don't consider that a drug addiction. I stop when I have to, that means when I have to take a drug test for a job or when I need to do anything that would be difficult for me to do when I'm high. I go to work high most days, and it actually helps me work better. I have something wrong with me that makes me sick almost every time I wake up. If I don't smoke I end up throwing up throughout the day, so it's like my medicine and I don't even have to go to the doctor to get the remedy, but when NC and possibly Georgia makes it legal for medicinal purposes I'm getting my card.

Nesbigg

Don Juan
Reaction score
D fact that you throw up if you dont smoke simply indicates addiction!!

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You men are right. I was smoking it way too much. I stopped like a week after I posted that. It was making me really stupid. I was a complete jackass. My brain is back in tact and life is better without it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have something wrong with me that makes me sick almost every time I wake up. If I don't smoke I end up throwing up throughout the day

How's your stomach, though? I'm not trying to scare you, but that sounds like Crohn's disease, which is commonly self-medicated with mj. I have heard that Marinol is like eating a brownie. It's not easy to get prescribed, but it is at least legal.

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiesman44 said:
Not at all. Read up on meditating. There's a lot of info there. I recommend everyone to meditate for at least 5 mins per day. Very good for you.

Do you have anywhere I could start reading? Or articles that got you started that explained what to do? I'm interested in this. I did try lucid dreaming for a while and got some progress with that, and anything that involves unlocking your brain or heightening yourself as a person is always appealing to me.

I'd say that maybe once every 2 or 3 months for me, the last time was last week right after I smoked a cigarette, but it wasn't so much of a 'buzz' high but it was something I hadn't really felt before after a cigarette. I felt good, not like a "high" or "buzzed" kind of good, but just this steady feeling of well being of myself. I ended up taking a walk around campus and did a few tasks that I had been putting off, and the feeling just slowly subsided an hour or so later.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I have something wrong with me that makes me sick almost every time I wake up. If I don't smoke I end up throwing up throughout the day

How's your stomach, though? I'm not trying to scare you, but that sounds like Crohn's disease, which is commonly self-medicated with mj. I have heard that Marinol is like eating a brownie. It's not easy to get prescribed, but it is at least legal.
Oh yeah. I quit drinking too. I don't have anything wrong with me really. I think it was more in my head than anything else. I'm not against medicinal MJ, btw, but I really didn't have a good reason to use it every day like that.