how much water?

Snap87

Don Juan
Reaction score
How much water do you usually need a day? For cutting...bulking whatever? I usually drink about half a gallon, but i want to stop because my face starts to bloat up and i look sort of fat on my face or could it be salt, from fries and stuff?. How much water would be ok to drink? Also, why does my face bloat up?

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with semag. Ideally you should drink around 1gal a day. Though for some people I can see that being unrealistic.

Skin puffyness is usually caused by salt.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, might as well get as much water as possible. I carry around one of those little bike water bottles, and as soon as I'm finished, I refill. Piss a lot though, but at least you're staying hydrated. This is very important for EVERY body function.

Liamz

Don Juan
Reaction score
waterz\zzz

when you drink water you know it makes your face look better, how long does it last and is there a limit to the amount you can drink before you cant look better anymore also is that the same with exercising?

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Water serves a couple purposes. Hydrates your body, improving many function, and a toxin remover. I would imagine once your body flushes out all the toxins, you'll stop improving and stay where youre at.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unless you are drinking 2 gallons a day, the answer is always the more the better.

Enjin 7

Don Juan
Reaction score
I drink about 2 gallons a day, one throughout the day and one while I am working out. my kidneys <3 me.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could drink 10 gallons of water a day. Your body only absorbs about 8oz every 20 minutes or so, so the rest is just pissed out. You might as well make the most of it.

Water has no calories
Water has no serious chemicals
Water has no side effects
Water is water

Drink as much as you can bear. Just be ready for a potty break every half hour:moon:

Last edited:

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought there was a risk of making your blood plasma too thin if you drank too much water? "Too much" depends on the individual, obviously. When I urinate and the urine is almost clear, I take that as a sign that I'm at the right level.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yah, urine is the right way. I'm not sure abou the plasma thing, but seeing as how your body only can hold so much, and how some endurance athletes "superhydrate" themselves so that they can hold more water than their body could normally. (Theres some sort of lipid or carb or protein that holds water, I'm not sure, but I read it in my "Advanced Sports Nutrition" book)

Yellow = Bad
Clear = Good
As far as piss goes