How much does the weather affect your mood?

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just realized im a genuinely happier, and more motivated person in the summer, when its hot and sunny. I think weather role on your mood for sure. Even when on a sunny day, it started to get cloudy, i could feel myself less happy , i dont know how to explain it :p. Anyone else feel like this?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm somewhat the same. I'm usually happier when it's hot and sunny as well, but I also love it when a good thunderstorm rolls in. However, it's been pissing rain here for the last two fvcking weeks, and I've been miserable as 5hit. A good balance of weather is great, but when it's the fvcking same for long periods of time, it sucks.

My grass is like six inches long, but I can't cut it when there's non-stop rain. It's covered in fvcking weeds too, because I can't use weed killer when it's raining.

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
You know what, I haven't noticed at all, yet. I would guess, however, that rainy weather makes me sexy and sensual.

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Massive factor, and one of the main reasons i'm planning to move abroad (Pref US) sometime in the future.

I'm not made for british weather.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It affects me, somewhat.

I don't like rain. It's a strange attitude for someone who grew up in a place which relies on agriculture, but it's true. But then again, I grew up in a place that's a small city, and now I live in another small city. I don't like walking in it, I don't like holding the umbrella, and I don't like fumbling around with the umbrella. I also don't like driving in it either. If I happen to be inside at the time, I still can't help but think about the people who are still out there, so I can't enjoy watching it either.

I don't seem to like sunlight very much. I always think it's pretty bright. But then again, maybe it's because I haven't done anything fun during the day for a very long time, except for a few things I've done with my father (as he has to go to sleep early). It seems that everything I enjoy doing is either better done later in the day, or has to be, such as going to a nightclub. I'm more of a night person.

I like summers, since it's warmer. I've never fared well in the winters. I always think I'm going to freeze to death, but I never do. I also hate driving in the snow, walking in the snow, clearing the snow, or just about anything with snow. But, I live slightly farther south than I did before, so hopefully the winters will seem better. I want to move to Texas, Virginia, North Carolina, Las Vegas, perhaps Oregon (the ocean makes it warmer), or at least to Tennessee. I'm not crazy about California, but then again my father originally came from there. Anyone who wants to live in Wisconsin or Minnesota, but doesn't already, is nuts. The winters are awful. Alaska no doubt has got to be worse.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
I'm somewhat the same. I'm usually happier when it's hot and sunny as well, but I also love it when a good thunderstorm rolls in. However, it's been pissing rain here for the last two fvcking weeks, and I've been miserable as 5hit. A good balance of weather is great, but when it's the fvcking same for long periods of time, it sucks.

My grass is like six inches long, but I can't cut it when there's non-stop rain. It's covered in fvcking weeds too, because I can't use weed killer when it's raining.
Whereabouts do you live? I didn't think it's possible for rain to happen for two weeks. However, when I moved here it rained for nearly a whole week, starting the afternoon of my first day here.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm the opposite. I hate the summer, the bright light, insects, the heat, the crowds everywhere, the lack of energy and sweating all the time, and the long days. It may sound strange, but I actually get quite depressed in summer.

I get so happy when winter comes around or when it rains. Often, I will choose to go for a run during rain or thunderstorms, or stand in my garden. And when it snows, I'm like a little kid again!

I love night time too, and if I had the option, I would happily sleep all day during summer and come awake at night.

jlr12584

Don Juan
Reaction score
im a sunny beach kind of guy... although i dont live in the beach, i live in the south and theres nothing more i enjoy than the mid-late spring weather. to put on some flip flops and wear hardly any clothing is great i feel free. i absolutely despise the winter weather and rain.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you get depressed in the winter, chances are you're just dealing with slight seasonal affective mood disorder. Calling it a disorder is a bit of an overstatement. But if you are like me, from the North East (New England) you probably have to deal with lethargic winters.

BTW, what's the weather like in the UK Jariel?

BxPrince24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm very mellow when it rains. During thunderstorms I'm more creative than when it's not raining (i'm an artist). I just feel more relaxed, like this is how things should be. I'm more comfortable during the rain/thunderstorms.

NewDestiny47

Don Juan
Reaction score
It affects me a lot BUT I'm the complete opposite, I'm a lot more happy and energized when it's either cold, or really gloomy/rainy ... I pretty much hibernate all summer.

I can't stand hot sunny weather. I go out and im drenched in sweat, the sun blinds me when I'm driving, it's just really annoying to me. It also means you can't wear nice clothes, to be comfortable you have to dress like a slob in t-shirts and sandals (I know a lot of people like this, but not me)

Cold, gloomy autumn days are my favorite. I just have a really chill personality though, I find lying on a couch reading a good book while it rains outside more fun than some beach party.
I'm one of the few people that the colder it gets, the more you'll find me outside washing my car and doing chores... love it.

Sir Juanalot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
aBAzLLnA said:
If you get depressed in the winter, chances are you're just dealing with slight seasonal affective mood disorder. Calling it a disorder is a bit of an overstatement. But if you are like me, from the North East (New England) you probably have to deal with lethargic winters.

I'll answer the weather question.

It's ****, rain grey skies for 70% of the year, and then very dry hot summers (if you are lucky), get some snow in the winter, can get to about -10 if its bad.

An inch of snow stops traffic from functioning as well, people here are so dumb :D

Main problem is the crappy rain all the time.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir Juanalot said:
I'll answer the weather question.

It's ****, rain grey skies for 70% of the year, and then very dry hot summers (if you are lucky), get some snow in the winter, can get to about -10 if its bad.

An inch of snow stops traffic from functioning as well, people here are so dumb :D

Main problem is the crappy rain all the time.
Wow. Now I know for a fact that Brits are indeed crazy, putting up with that weather.

OK...I'm kidding, sort of. Not that Brits are completely crazy (generally), but that's just too much rain.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think its coincidence that Brits are more downbeat than most. "Winging pom" is one I hear. Spain (Barcelona especially) is where many head for a quick weekend getaway. I know when I lived in England, I got sad because of the weather.

Sir Juanalot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It does affect a lot of people over here, people are so miserable when its raining and dark/overcast.

I try to remain upbeat, definately looking into moving somewhere with better weather after i've learned a few languages.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir Juanalot said:
It does affect a lot of people over here, people are so miserable when its raining and dark/overcast.

I try to remain upbeat, definately looking into moving somewhere with better weather after i've learned a few languages.
You could move to the South, in the U.S. No need for another language that way. Another choice is New Zealand. There are slight differences, but it's still English. Did you know that in New Zealand they say "anti-clockwise" instead of "counter-clockwise?"

Once when I was little I visited New Zealand with my family, and the weather was great, even though it was winter when I visited.

Sir Juanalot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Abbott said:
You could move to the South, in the U.S. No need for another language that way. Another choice is New Zealand. There are slight differences, but it's still English. Did you know that in New Zealand they say "anti-clockwise" instead of "counter-clockwise?"

Once when I was little I visited New Zealand with my family, and the weather was great, even though it was winter when I visited.

Its an option, i like to keep my options open. Not gonna be planning anything for at least 5 years, need to finish paying for my house here in the UK first.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aBAzLLnA said:
I guess it's famous for raining a lot, but I think that's exaggerated and the rain doesn't last very long usually. Winters used to be great, with snow as early as September and as late as February, but now we're lucky to have any at all.

Unlike the summers abroad, English summers are muggy, the air quality is poor and everything looks so dirty...at least in the inner city areas.

And as Juanable pointed out, traffic stops at the slightest weather change. Trains come to a halt too, and in summer we're told we must conserve water. The Brits truly are a bunch of drama queens when it comes to weather. :)