How much do I need to loose?

Terminus Est

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello, I have been lifting for a couple of months now, but I dont seem to lose weight. So, I decided to start with DIESEL´s cutting guide, but before, I´d like to know how much do I need to loose:

I am 183 cm tall (I think its 6 ´ or so) and I weight 85 kg (160, 170 lbs? I do no know :p ).

BTW, around 3 years ago, I was really, really fat. So much, that I dont know how much I weighted back then, cos, well, the scale was my enemy. I think I was around 110 kg, or so, and it took me from 6 months to a year to loose it all from there, to how much I weight today.

All I did to loose it was just eating less, and in more regular hours, and doing some excersice at home.

But still, I am all floofy, and I look really bad with my shirt off (with a shirt, I look really built, but whats the point of that if I cant get out of my shirt!)

Another thing, I cant really afford a complex diet, so, if you can just give me some pointers about what to eat, and what NOT to eat, or how much, it would be a great help.

Thank you all in advance!
Sorry about the crappy english!!

hcaz074

Don Juan
Reaction score
160lbs 6 feet tall you dont need to lose anything, put on some muscle and then cut.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just keep lifting and stay consistent with it.

Terminus Est

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys, but, I still think I need to lose the fat first, getting to around 75 kg (150 lbs?) while working out, so, when I get there, i´d be more built, or have my muscles more defined but I dont know if this would be healthy.

Any thoughts?

Terminus Est

Don Juan
Reaction score
CORRECTED DATA

I just found "LIFEFORCE´s Faq", and realized that to get my weight in LBS, I had to multiply my weight in KG X 2.2

So, my weight currently is 187 LBS, not 170. , and my height is officially 6´.

Sorry for the incorrect data!

Looking forward to hear what you think.

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im in nearly the EXACT same situation as you, im 6ft1, 85 kilos , 187 pounds or so. I was actually skinny in my younger years, then i found the school canteen and i got fat and chubby. Im doing a course to try and lose it now.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Terminus Est
BTW, around 3 years ago, I was really, really fat. So much, that I dont know how much I weighted back then, cos, well, the scale was my enemy. I think I was around 110 kg, or so, and it took me from 6 months to a year to loose it all from there, to how much I weight today.
When I lost weight I lost a lot of lean mass too, which left my body looking untoned and flabby. With a lot of men, fat clings to the waist, so I looked slim and toned everywhere else, but still had a "spare tire" on my waist.

Like me, you may need a fat burning diet, with plenty of protein, heavy workouts and lower calories to maintain the lean mass and drop the fat. As long as you're eating a healthy amount of nutrients and protein, keep up the diet until you are happy with yourself in the mirror.

hcaz074

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really think you need to lose the fat then go for it, but when you bulk your going to gain some fat back.

DonCruez

Don Juan
Reaction score
meh...

without body fat % no-one can tell.

medically: your BMI is 85/(1.85*1.85) = 24.8. That means that you're not overweight.

BUT!

without BF% you can actually be too fat. Which is probably true if you look bad without a shirt. If your age is really 18 and you're male, know that the average BF% should be 15.

aim for 10 to look really cut.

Terminus Est

Don Juan
Reaction score
My BF% is 24.7. Just found out yesterday.

So, I have to aim towards 10/15... Well, At least I now have a more defined goal!

Thanks to all fo you!

BTW, any pointers, experience, tips, or advice you want to share are all welcome!

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First you gotta check if you are either an Ecto/Endo/Meso morph body.

Ectomorphs (Skinny) = (Me) have to eat 50-75% more than the Endomorph (Normal body type) to reach optimal body size that Endomorphs enjoy naturally. They don't need to increase their weightlifting over endomorphs but may need more resting time, They should limit their cardio 50% less than Endomorphs.

Mesomorphs (Fat) = have to eat about 25% less than the Endomorphs to reach optimal body size. They also have to do 50% more cardio than the Endomorphs. They have to do more cardio and shouldn't have problems doing weightlifting since they gain muscle naturally to support their fatasses.

Endomorphs (Normal) = they have normal eating patterns, and no difficulty getting fat or getting skinny. If they balance weightlifting/cardio they have the most toned body.