How many times should you call b/f giving it up

Reaction score
Just started at college in Milwaukee and I LOVE it...OK, the city's a little run down and ghetto, but I've gotten my fair share of numbers so far (that, and I had a pretty cute neighbor over for about 45 minutes yesterday)

Just want to get one rule straight with calling (as I've got about 4 to work through right now). You call on the correct day after you get the #, then follow the same formula if you get voicemail, but should you give up and leave a message after attempt 2 or 3?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean being Italian is not helping you on this one? LoL.

There are no rules. You call a day or two after getting her number, leave a message, wait for her call. If she doesn't call back, there might not be high enough interest in her part. You can call her one more time, and leave a message. She knows you like her, and there should be no shame in that, so ALWAYS leave a message.

You need to be too busy with other babes to even worry about the ones that don't call back.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually its a pretty simple rule.

Sit down with an 8 ball, and for each number give it a shake. Do what is says.

Pie in the Sky

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with Gangster of Love here in that there are no rules. Do what you want. If she is into you, she will not care when you call and she will make herself available for you. The only thing I would advise trying to avoid, especially early on, is showing too much interest too fast. You want her interest level higher than yours. After all, you are doing her a favor taking time out of your busy life to spend time with her.

Reaction score
scrouds said:
Actually its a pretty simple rule.

Sit down with an 8 ball, and for each number give it a shake. Do what is says.
I've heard those can help sometimes. Where would I get one?

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
starfishandcoffee said:
I've heard those can help sometimes. Where would I get one?
Are you a Prince fan? Im seeing more and more posters on here with names coming from Prince songs.

Anyways, if she doesnt call back, you can leave her some totally obnoxious funny voicemail, and see if she bites. If not, sit on her number, and maybe a month from now, send out a mass text to all your flaked numbers about some party you're going to, and see who shows up. I still stand by this article here:
http://www.rsdnation.com/node/60168

trent81

Banned
Reaction score
Never contact more than twice. The rule of 2.

E

Energizer

I call once, if I get put on voicemail, I leave a message, if she replies, great, if she doesn't that's hard luck, but there's plenty more women out there.

She_feelin_Me

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^cosign. one time with a message is all you need. A woman carry that phone around like a priest with a bible. She know you calling

Reaction score
horaholic said:
Are you a Prince fan? Im seeing more and more posters on here with names coming from Prince songs.[/URL]
Yep (I just moved here from Minneapolis, anyway). Prince is a badass.

onebigfatcat

Don Juan
Reaction score
starfishandcoffee said:
Just want to get one rule straight with calling (as I've got about 4 to work through right now). You call on the correct day after you get the #, then follow the same formula if you get voicemail, but should you give up and leave a message after attempt 2 or 3?
Was that like a trick question? The answer is once. I don't even know anyone anymore that has a land line. Every one has a cell phone. The thing about cell phone is that you can carry them anywhere. If the person you call doesn't answer it means they are in a situation that doesn't allow it at the time, they are on another line and ignoring the call waiting, or they are screening their calls.

You call one time, whenever the hell you want (there is no correct day), and if they don't answer you leave a message and tell them to call you back. They don't return your message, it's their loss.:up:

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
starfishandcoffee said:
Yep (I just moved here from Minneapolis, anyway). Prince is a badass.
Shoulda stayed in MPLS brah. milwaukee? wtf..