How many people here have actually read the bible and done the boot camp

Dandrufman

Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems to me that alot of the idiotic questions we get are from people who are looking for a line or just advice. Alot of them are looking for situational advice, like what do i do NOW, and aren't really in it for the long haul. So i want a show of hands, who has read the bible and done, or is in the middle of doing, the boot camp.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read the bible.
i think the bootcamps are just overdoing the whole deal. like... "make eye contact with 10 chicks." is one of the first assignments.
i make eye contact with liek 100 girls a day, its not something worth remembering.

biketrials

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read the Bible and am in the middle of the bootcamp almost done though.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dandrufman
It seems to me that alot of the idiotic questions we get are from people who are looking for a line or just advice. Alot of them are looking for situational advice, like what do i do NOW, and aren't really in it for the long haul. So i want a show of hands, who has read the bible and done, or is in the middle of doing, the boot camp.
*raises hand*
week two right now

I read the bible in its entirity too i think...Thats a little excessive. Lots of information you dont need and just clutters your mind.

Very observative of you on the majority of the board. The only info I can give would be to do the bootcamp and get your ish right and hope that others find some kind of success asking for answers 24/7. The only way you can get better is through field experience and the BC gives you an outline to follow if you are a little lazy, or un sure of were to begin. The BC could be all you need to read, forget the bible...the archive has good posts too btw.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
minus bootcamp

cubed

Don Juan
Reaction score
I considered trying the bootcamp, but after reading the summary, I decided not to. I don't want to bash the bootcamp, but it takes things way too slowly. While I can see how it may help someone who is petrified of speaking to people (then again, they may not get past week 1), most people don't have the patience or the discipline to do it.

A better question is 'Has anybody done the bootcamp?'. Because the bootcamp is (at least partially) redundant for most people, I think the DJ bootcamp could use an overhaul (or at least a second, concise) version. To be fair, the actual reading material in the bootcamp is excellent.

And yes, I've read the bible, but I'm not going to say I've read every single article.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my rebuttal to people not doin the bootcamp because it is slow is:

What are you doing day to day at the moment? Can you honestly tell me that you are improving week by week dramatically and learning new things about social interactions and busting down doors of fear?

Quit this BS about bein in HS too cuz there's a 15 yr old on week 2 right now. If anything its easier to get Hi's, conversations, and rejections...if you afraid...just say so, dont put down the system. I swear like 50% at best get to week two and 10% get to week 3 and 1-2 people get to week 4...but everyone SAYS its easy. back up your talk and enroll...Put up or shut up...plain and simple