How many of you high schoolers lift?

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some interesting stuff going on around here. Alot of the stuff here is wrong, seriously there are so many rumours about weightlifting going about its scary! Remember, i know alot of stuff from experience:

I've been lifting for 2 and a half years. Bench press went from 40kg to 120kg (264lb) and i do 135kg (297lb)1RM (1 rep maximum), highest in the school. My bodyweight went from 85kg to 75kg (187lb to 165lb) so i've gained massive amounts of lean muscle mass and reduced all the fat i had (I was a fat mother****er!).

On the topic of supps, i seriously wouldnt reccomend ANY supps if your just trying to improve your appearance a little bit its not necessary! Just get your diet down pat and maybe.. MAYBE.. some protein powder if your having a hard time getting it from other sources. Workout intensity is important for maximum gains.

How did i get crazy gains like above? Well for me bodybuilding is my passion, and i take it extremely seriouslky. (No alcohol, drugs, [i was a heavy user of both], lots of exercise, crazy workouts [6 times a week, 5AM], etc.). Not worth getting in to unless you are extremely interested in becoming a bodybuilder.

Just for the record, the supps i take:

Fast acting protein powder
Slow acting protein powder
Unique casinate blend of protein powder
Creatine
Thermogenics for intensity (and dietry purposes when trying to get cut)
Tribulus
Anti-eostregen(sp?)
Glutamine

And thats about it, my stack varies depending on my current goals.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want some help just PM me. I've made a lot of mistakes in my experiences and i could help you so you dont make the same ones!

Good luck guys.

Javelin44

Don Juan
Reaction score
6' and 135 is not fit. I am 6'1", 152 and do not consider myself anything but slightly below average. did i mention i do football?:rolleyes:

S-lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
man, im not as skinny as i thought i was (6"2) 175

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sammo
Just for the record, the supps i take:

Fast acting protein powder
Slow acting protein powder
Unique casinate blend of protein powder
Creatine
Thermogenics for intensity (and dietry purposes when trying to get cut)
Tribulus
Anti-eostregen(sp?)
Glutamine
..... and you're 17!? Do you rattle when you walk as well?

To E_ze05 and anyone else who's interested.. especially still in your teens, can you really say with any certainty that your diet is downpat and the only missing link is creatine, tribulus or whatever?

You don't strictly need them, and you can abuse them, especially thermogenics. Protein powder okay, glutamine fine, but guys.. be careful now. Thermogenics unless for a competing bodybuilder are unnecessary and possibly dangerous if taken in too large a dose.

Remember that you can still grow into your early 20s; let your body take its natural path before overloading on stuff like tribulus.

And no, I'm not an anti-supp guy at all - I just think that you high schoolers have better things to do, for instance get into good eating habits, rather than take every supp under the sun.

For the record, creatine does help in muscle growth and is perfectly harmless if taken as directed on the tub.

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers to that, Warboss.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
..... and you're 17!? Do you rattle when you walk as well?

To E_ze05 and anyone else who's interested.. especially still in your teens, can you really say with any certainty that your diet is downpat and the only missing link is creatine, tribulus or whatever?

You don't strictly need them, and you can abuse them, especially thermogenics. Protein powder okay, glutamine fine, but guys.. be careful now. Thermogenics unless for a competing bodybuilder are unnecessary and possibly dangerous if taken in too large a dose.

Remember that you can still grow into your early 20s; let your body take its natural path before overloading on stuff like tribulus.

And no, I'm not an anti-supp guy at all - I just think that you high schoolers have better things to do, for instance get into good eating habits, rather than take every supp under the sun.

For the record, creatine does help in muscle growth and is perfectly harmless if taken as directed on the tub.
Yeah, i'll admit that what im doing probably isnt entirely healthy. I am really passionate about it though and will be competing next year in the Australia teen division and ive seen alot of my competitors and its looking hopeful. I know what i'm risking, and i dont reccomend people take all the supps i am unless they feel passionate about it like i do.

One thing i would like to add about the thermogenics, in order to get the American made supplements (IE. AST dymetradine) in to Australia they had to change the reccomended dosages. So even taking what is prescribed on the bottle could be dangerous for you guys over there in America. Just a heads up.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by E_ze05
just wondering how many of you high schoolers lift....im going to the 10th grade and i do, and have been for bout 3 mouths....i use creatine, and wanted to know if neone eles uses it....if so, do you rest every other day...like you would without the stuff, or do you just lift everyday (supposidly creatine heals ur muscle faster!)
I will begin lifting on August 17, 2005. It's time for a change!

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by smooth'n'saucy
if ur a light build then lifting no more than twice a week will help you bulk,,,,do anymore than that with a small build an u will get stronger but wont gain much mass
oh an eat ****loads of protein too
Anybody want to tell me if he's full of **** or not? I've been off and on bulking for 4 months. First month, I gained 6 lbs. Then it just stopped. I would go 2 months, and gain zero lbs. Then the last month, I tried 2 weeks of bulking, nothing. Now I'm at 105 lbs. :mad: and I'd die to be 130 (even though you guys still think you'd be a skinny ****--can't be worse than me).

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, Bling mate.. you're 15, don't worry, big muscles take years of effort, and you've got your growth spurt to come too.

Keep lifting bro!

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he's right tho, bling. From what I've read, hardgainers need low volume stuff, intense but not a lot of sets or reps. That's what I've seen for all the hardgainer stuff I've read, but I admit I don't look too much at that because I'm pretty endo.

If you're interested in a 2 day hardgainer split, lemme know, i'll keep my eye on this thread and we can see if we can get you lifting and eating your a$$ off.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bling - hardgainer, ecto, endo, it's all in the mind. Lift progressively heavier weights and eat your ass off.

As for gaining 0 pounds for the next two months .. as you get heavier, you need to up your food intake. Not by a whole lot, but you need to eat a little extra just to maintain that extra weight you've gained.

It's actually an oft-neglected area (recently a thread on the DC forum too semag), that as you get bigger, you have to eat even more to grow on from there.

People eat to get to say 200lbs, they get there, then they keep the same diet to try and get them to 210, 220 etc .. and wonder why their gains slow down (or stop altogether).

Bling, up your food intake and see what happens, I'll bet you that's the problem.

IronRice

Don Juan
Reaction score
I lift to retain my muscle mass as I slim up for basketball in the fall. :woo:

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
lol, Bling mate.. you're 15, don't worry, big muscles take years of effort, and you've got your growth spurt to come too.

Keep lifting bro!
That's the thing, I'm already 5'9", expected to be 5'11"-6'. My weight looks horrible on me. You can see my rib cage, and can easily see a 6 pack when I contract my ab muscles.

I'll start a journal, if it will help you guys help me.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dadmonson
Yo u can't be 6 foot and only weigh 136 punds man. Ull be like nothin but bones. Get your height checked again dawg without shoes.

that's totally bullsh1t. my brother (15 years old) is almost 6'2 and weighs around 130 lbs (i don't know exactly how many lbs, but he's around 60kg). he doesn't even look skinny, just thin, but with broad shoulders. he just has very light bones