How many of you high schoolers lift?

S-lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just wondering how many of you high schoolers lift....im going to the 10th grade and i do, and have been for bout 3 mouths....i use creatine, and wanted to know if neone eles uses it....if so, do you rest every other day...like you would without the stuff, or do you just lift everyday (supposidly creatine heals ur muscle faster!)

Confident1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started lifting for football. Then, I started boxing, first of all there are many different kinds of "in shape."

With that said, I do lift. My routine is 4 days a week. Upper body on mondays and thursdays and lower in tuesdays and fridays. I used to use creatine for football. For some it works for others it does not, there is a science behind it, but go to perpetualfitness.com for that.

I take creatine everyday I lift. Though some say you are supposed to take it everyday, I am not sure, it just never felt right to me for some reason.

Creatine does not heal your muscles faster, btw. It increases the amount of some chemical in your muscles that bulk them up to their maximum size. That is why is works for some and not others. Some already have their muscles at their max size already, others do not.

benassi

Don Juan
Reaction score
you should take creatine everyday for 8 weeks, even on off-days. then do an off-cycle for 10weeks or so to let your body recover from it, and then cycle again. my advice is creatine ethyl ester or celltech.

soul71

Don Juan
Reaction score
i lift and i love it

i used to be a skinny little runt and i never got any, but i started lifting and not only did it improve my body greatly, but it boosted my self esteem, confidence and turned me more into the dj which i am striving to become

self improvement may be masturbation, but its also alot of other things as well

Plane

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was in field I lifted 5 days a week going from arms to legs every other day, then I worked out at this gym 3 days a week after school let out and I got bored with it cause I couldnt really find a workout partner or anything, so now I use this multi workout machine I have my house and I do it 4 times a wekk, but I dont have like a set regimine, I think im gonna start doing it more strictly soon

I dont take any supplements as of now.

crunk

Don Juan
Reaction score
yah buddy, i lift too. im goin into gr 12 this comin yr. , right now im workin and tryin to pump 3 days a week.. sumtimes 4 if i feel motivated. as for creatine, its not nessisarry! if ur gunna put ur money into somthing, let it be protine powder, u'l see way more gains unless your eating perfectly already! + i dunno what ur taking now but old creatine ... all u'd gain is water weight, adn when u went off it u'd just loose it, apparetnly new stuff is better but who knows.. in conclusion yah working out is great, just dont over doo it and to gain muscle , eat aprox 1-2 g protine per lb of body weight and u'l be on ur way... ps. skip the creatine neless ur hardcore weightlifter
cheers

smooth'n'saucy

Don Juan
Reaction score
creatine is a waste of time unless u intend on being a competitive bodybuilder.

i was a skinny littl runt too, i began lifting weights at 13
bodybuilding has changed my life!
i not only have a body the ladies luv but i am more health conscious, more confident and i am more driven to follow my goals!

congratulations on ur great choice :rockon:

if ur a light build then lifting no more than twice a week will help you bulk,,,,do anymore than that with a small build an u will get stronger but wont gain much mass
oh an eat ****loads of protein too

protein powders are the only supplements worth buying,,,an only then if u hav trouble getting enuf protein with ur normal diet

colostrum capsules can also help if u have a poor immune system,,,they cost ****loads tho

keep it simple and u'll do fine

Nexxus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
started going to the gym 2 months ago... now I'm kind of addicted

I started benching at like 20 kg but now I can do 50

kidkoala

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude creatine is not a good ieda. The effects of it won't be know for thirty to forty years when all the first users see the side effects. It''s not natural. It is almost like steroids. Why would u subject ur body to that. Protein powder is fine because you get that in food too. Don;t become a ****ing meathead and take creatine.

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by smooth'n'saucy
creatine is a waste of time unless u intend on being a competitive bodybuilder.

protein powders are the only supplements worth buying,,,an only then if u hav trouble getting enuf protein with ur normal diet

Ive been lifting for about 4 months now. Huge difference. Used to be 6' and 125 when I started, now Im 6' 136. It would've been more if it wasnt for my genetics.

jetboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently started lifting. I'm very glad that you looked into bodybuilding. One advice would be that you have to commit to it, I mean you can't just say "I'll skip the gym today" or "I'm skip this meal." Also try not to look for what you can achieve in a short period of time, but rather look for long term improvement. The results WILL show if you keep lifting and staying put, it's just a matter of how quickly it will show, so don't get discouraged!

About creatine, I personally think it's for above-average body-builders. Plus it has some side-effects, from what I heard. Just try to stick to multi-vitamins and whey protein if you're a beginner to average body-builder, like me.

On the results, trust me you'll feel so happy that you got into it. You'll actually feel confidence flowing in you and that helps a lot. It's almost an addiction, but a good one. Eat more, lift more, and sleep more! Don't give up! And good luck!:)

dadmonson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kidd
Ive been lifting for about 4 months now. Huge difference. Used to be 6' and 125 when I started, now Im 6' 136. It would've been more if it wasnt for my genetics.
Yo u can't be 6 foot and only weigh 136 punds man. Ull be like nothin but bones. Get your height checked again dawg without shoes.

Plane

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dadmonson
Yo u can't be 6 foot and only weigh 136 punds man. Ull be like nothin but bones. Get your height checked again dawg without shoes.
My friend is 6' and weights about 135 he has a concave chest though, but yah hes skinny as heck

skumface

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been doing a 3 day split for about 4 good months now and its become an addiction. The only real set back is being a 6'5'' ectomorph so the gains only come in small amounts. In total ive gained about 15 pounds, 165 to 180
I currently use a Mass Gainer (50g carbs and 30g of protein) during breakfast and after a lift, unfortunatly my mom wont let me use creatine (damn women magazines)
My tip to all bodybuilders: DON'T EVER GIVE UP AND EAT, EAT, EAT!!!
If you dont have the right diet you will eventually lose muscle mass and not have enough energy for lifting

Good Luck

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh I am 5'11 and 145. But damn I am skinny. Mean not skinny but definitely lacking in the fat department. I was in highschool marching band for 4 years and I played baritone so I was carrying aroung a big ass instrument. And then all the marching developed my calves like crazy. But yeah I am really muscular but not enough fat. lol. I am perfect. No I don't lift I just do body weight like push up's crunches and other forms of torture.

KKnight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by shadyonedeath
To the Topic poster :

You've been lifting for 4 months and ur on creatine? wow..wtf gave u that idea? its not a miracle supplement that will make u HUGE. Only people who should be using creatine are the ones who have ALot of Muscle. It doesnt help u grow or anything, it just makes u look bigger for the time being ur using it.

Your an idiot. Creatine is naturally made in the body in small amounts. ITS NOTHING LIKE STEROIDS. Get ur fvcken facts straight before you speak.

All of you, go to bodybuilding.com forums and learn something. All of your people who haven been lifting for less than a Year and alrdy taking supplements are retarded. Your bodies are going to get used to that **** and when u get older and stop taking it, ur going to see minumum gains.

Good luck.
Bump to that, creatine is absolutely nothing like steroids. Like shadyonedeath said it is made naturally in the body but can also be found in most red meats. It's safe as long as you make sure to cycle it so that your body can still create it's own creatine when it needs to.

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dadmonson
Oh yes I can. Im naturally skinny. Before I was scrawny and bony, but now I look fit and have visible muscle .

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same thing here but now I wear really tight shirts that accent my muscles and it pimps me out. How can someone be soo tall and yet weigh so little. It's genetics. My mom is 6' and she scares people all the time. My dad is pretty short though. lol

bmwderek

Reaction score
I want to start lifting, I'm 5'10 and about 165-170, a bit too much fat on my midsection, but I'm a slim build and have relativley broad shoulders and a very strong lower body.

Can anyone give me websites with good programs/diets, I know **** all about lifting.