How does one slay the Mother Hen?

Antedeus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hail, fellow DJs!

I imagine we've all seen those delightful Axe body spray commercials about the "game killers," or whatever they're called, and although most of them are beneath my contempt (because I'm better than the people who make them, and, in general, better than the lot of you, as well...but that's another story :-*), the one about the Mother Hen can always make me unleash a veritable slew of curse words, because it's true. At my college (Occidental, in Los Angeles), the Mother Hen is the ultimate game-killer.

A bit of background: my school is so incredibly paranoid about rape and sexual assault that they claim one in four college girls get sexually assaulted. Note that the definition of "sexual assault" here is VERY vague - "getting touched in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable" is a common wording for it.

Now, don't get me wrong; a certain amount of fear, and even worry, is justified. Hell, one of my two younger sisters goes to this school and I worry about her all the time. But the situation at my school is quickly becoming absurd. Single girls only go to parties with groups of friends, all of them female, and they NEVER. LET. EACH. OTHER. OUT. OF. THEIR. SIGHT. Now, getting the attention of individual girls isn't too hard; I just get a group of my friends to come with me and each pick a girl to talk to, creating a veritable smokescreen of sheer manliness.

Unfortunately, getting a girl to leave with you is a lot tougher. There's always one or two mother hens, and their credo, as in the commercial, is, "We come together, we leave together!" Because, after all, being males, we're all likely to be dirty rapists, aren't we? I mean, look at the statistics. The statistics don't lie.:rolleyes:

Anyway, my dear friends, anyone have any suggestions on how to slay the Mother Hen? I've read through the DJ Bible a few times, and I haven't noticed anything specifically on the topic. As a matter of fact, I was hoping that, even if we get some really good replies right off the bat, we could keep comments coming until we get a nice, full-on sourcebook of advice on how to get the Mother Hen, and the whole "OMFG IM GUNA GET RAEPD" mentality out of the picture.

Because, to tell you the truth, I'm starting to resent girls being suspicious of perfectly-honorable guys like me.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a new school.

No really. I think you're in an impossible situation...

Or you could just focus on studying and give girls a miss :p

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
If it's important to you that you leave a party with a girl then it looks like you're going to have to bring her too.

Ask someone to be your date.

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Those chicks aren't scared of rapists... they wouldn't go to the party if they thought so.

Antedeus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gubby said:
Get a new school.

No really. I think you're in an impossible situation...
Yeah, I'm actually graduating in less than a month, and I really feel like a rat leaving a sinking ship...

Cruise said:
Those chicks aren't scared of rapists... they wouldn't go to the party if they thought so.
Did you miss the part where I said they stay within a cabal of friends and never leave each others' sights? ~_^