How does anybody deal with this?

servo1234567

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I meet girls when I'm at a bar, social gathering, whatever. I go out with these girls and most of them are really idiots. Now, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this...most people are idiots, but the truth is I just can't stand being around so many of them because they're so awkward.

They don't know how to talk. They have nothing to talk about. I want to talk about current events or history or anything of significance. Last week, a girl and I simply went to a restaurant to chill out and ordered a plate a fries. I think the server was pissed so I joked to him, "but you have no idea how well we tip. It's insane." She laughs but then begins telling me her tipping strategy for like 5 minutes...Tipping strategy...that's what I was listening to while being with a girl who was probably the hottest girl I've ever spent time with.

I guess what I'm saying is, how could I possibly ignore my instincts of dealing with girls like this, get laid and live with myself? Honestly, I feel like shiat spending any time with them but I don't know that there's anyone who is going to have any thought-provoking conversation in her. Shouldn't I enjoy my dates?

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll admit that I've met several of these "idiots" myself, but they are the exception and not the rule.

If EVERY girl you meet is like this, it's either:

1) Time to change where you meet girls

2) Time to recognize that maybe you aren't as interesting as you think you are.

#1 has to do more with the bar scene. You're 23, so you're coming to realize that you are a bit older, and the conversations you used to have when you were 19, aren't as awesome now as they were then. When you were 19, you'd sit there talking about tipping strategy, because you knew it'd get you laid. Now, you don't want to hear it. Either way, you should never let the conversation reach to a point where you can't dictate the flow of it. And if it really bothers you that much... get up and leave.

#2 has to do with the fact that if you are having this problem with every woman, then probably the real problem lies within you and not them. Before you jump to any conclusions, realize that I am not trying to be harsh, but it's a reality. You can't sit here and say that EVERY woman you meet is really boring and doesn't entice your conversation somehow.

Spice it up, switch from tipping strategies to kissing strategies. Which one would you rather talk about? Would she get offended?? WHO CARES? At least it's not a conversation about tipping strategies.

And should you enjoy the dates, HELLS YES. If you aren't, then what's the point? I'm just glad you're not spending 100 bucks a night for conversations about tipping strategies.

And just in case she is the exception, and not the rule, who cares if she's hot if she doesn't pique your interest. Next time just invite her to your place, tell her to shut up and bang her brains out and avoid all the filler time you could be using to do more important stuff... like cow tipping.

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
servo1234567 said:
So I meet girls when I'm at a bar, social gathering, whatever. I go out with these girls and most of them are really idiots. Now, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this...most people are idiots, but the truth is I just can't stand being around so many of them because they're so awkward.

They don't know how to talk. They have nothing to talk about. I want to talk about current events or history or anything of significance. Last week, a girl and I simply went to a restaurant to chill out and ordered a plate a fries. I think the server was pissed so I joked to him, "but you have no idea how well we tip. It's insane." She laughs but then begins telling me her tipping strategy for like 5 minutes...Tipping strategy...that's what I was listening to while being with a girl who was probably the hottest girl I've ever spent time with.

I guess what I'm saying is, how could I possibly ignore my instincts of dealing with girls like this, get laid and live with myself? Honestly, I feel like shiat spending any time with them but I don't know that there's anyone who is going to have any thought-provoking conversation in her. Shouldn't I enjoy my dates?
My advice is, if you find a woman who's interested in all the stuff you like to talk about, marry her. :p

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've dated many girls and I'm a bit older.

Seriously the amount of girls that turn off when you start to knock the conversation up, beggers belief.

Women love trivia, emotion fuelled cra* stories, relationship gossip, celebrities and what her friends are doing 24/7.

Even the smartest girls I have dated switch off with most topics, women get bored easy. The only time a women will sit and listen to you talk about for example politics, is the time when a girl who is so into you, no matter what you say she hangs of every word like its gospel.

Save your deep conversations for your male friends.

Just take a look in any newsagents and see the type of magazine women love to read - the amount of women who focus on the real issues is far and few between.

Hell, expect to have a conversation (see listening to her) about her shoes, her dress, where she got her hair done, or some other trivial shi*.

Women don't think the same has guys - you'll have to look hard and long to meet a girl who thinks like a guy and that's ok - don't try to re-invent the wheel. It's not women being hair-heads, they just have different interests.

Women tend to be sheep's more than men too, they are the main focus for adverts, TV, marketing and other such cra* - Women will folllow a trend that has been set by a celebrity, women love fashion (men like it to impress women) - Fashion is nothing more than a month by month fad of a person telling them what to wear and when.

For example if your concerned about the latest topics like local politics, if you started having this conversation with a girl, expect blank stares and her thinking your a two headed alien, on the other hand if you mentioned to her the latest celebrity gossip, she would probably chew your ear of about what she thinks about it, or relationships.

Some call it chick crack, the mundane shi* that men have to subject themselves to for the chance to get in a womans pants.

Be under no illusion that a vast majority of women are not the people one should be thinking about having a meaningful, earth changing conversation with - those types of women are far and few between.

Keep it simple, keep it fun - In a way deal with it like your talking to a child - sorry to say but if you start treating her like an equal and start pouring out your world changing facts and theories, unless she is studying that topic or comes across as an intellectual, you better believe that 8 out of 10, she will be more intune with tat.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something to ponder that I have experienced. On TV (don't watch much), I usually tune into the news, a good movie or a sporting event, sparingly. I have seen women watch Lifetime, Oxygen or some other lame reality chick stuff where they hear about boyfriends/husbands beating up on their girlfriends/wives. Or, those shows like Millionaire Matchmaker and Real Housewives of Estrogen County. Analysis?

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
2) Time to recognize that maybe you aren't as interesting as you think you are.

#2 has to do with the fact that if you are having this problem with every woman, then probably the real problem lies within you and not them. Before you jump to any conclusions, realize that I am not trying to be harsh, but it's a reality. You can't sit here and say that EVERY woman you meet is really boring and doesn't entice your conversation somehow.
i imediately thought theres some thing else going on here with the OP...
Every girl is an idiot?? really??
i reckon you have some kind of Superiority complex!

you probably projecting this onto them or something...
how many 2nd dates do you get??

MeteorMash

Don Juan
Reaction score
A tipping Strategy isn't exactly what I would call an Idiot subject. But who knows, Maybe I'm one of those idiots you're talking about lol

Either way it goes, every girl is not an idiot. Most girls I've talked to (Even the ones not in school) have been for the most part pretty intelligent and level headed.I would say if every girl seems stupid to you then maybe you should get over yourself and realize that you might not be as intelligent as you think you are

If you want to talk about other things, then why not guide the convo? Change the subject into one of history or whatever it is you want to discuss.

servo1234567

Don Juan
Reaction score
As I've run through the situation in my head, I've come up with a few things. First, the girls are probably cut from the same cloth. The same kind of girls going to the same kind of place.
Second, I'm in grad school and halfway through the semester. I'm committed and kinda tuned in to my subject at this point.
Third, I'm probably in my head a little bit too much. Stress and frustration are probably putting me in a worse mood than I could be in.

Thanks for the input, guys.