How do you stay mysterious about yourself?

MackToBe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Im new here and after spending years (Im 20 now) being pathetic and too shy with women. I have been thinking more positive. Basically having a I don't give a **** what people think of me attitude. Well I have no problem talking to women now, but what do you guys think of for conversations? I don't want to ask her 20 questions in a row and make her think of me as being dull questioning her as I have nothing interesting to say. Any tips on this? Also it says a lot on this site that you should try and be mysterious and not let much of yourself be revealed. How the do you guys pull this off? Im not sure how to do this, Please give some advice. Im still a amateur to the playa game but you gotta start some where. I have the right look when I go out at least.:)
Im going abroad in August so that will be a great opportunity to get my DJ techniques to practice. Even If I can't numbers abroad I can still pratice. Cheers.

Travis1962

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the old standby is to ask biographical questions.

For example -

So, are you originally from here? Where did you grow up? What brought you here? When? Do you like it here?

You can be interesting by commenting on and mirroring her opinions.

TheLadiesChoice

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shy guys are naturally mysterious, then they f*ck it all up by being too nice once they think a girl might like them;) :D

MackToBe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheLadiesChoice
Shy guys are naturally mysterious, then they f*ck it all up by being too nice once they think a girl might like them;) :D
Very true, but although Im not natural a very out going person I am talking more and more, pushing myself to be and think confident. Seems to be working great, this is the best Iv'e ever felt.:)

TheLadiesChoice

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MackToBe
Very true, but although Im not natural a very out going person I am talking more and more, pushing myself to be and think confident. Seems to be working great, this is the best Iv'e ever felt.:)
Practice makes perfect-- and the more you actually learn on your own and not read on this board the more you realize there are few rules in the GAME;)

Sh0t

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't answer biographical questions and don't ask them either.

Asking a chick tons of biographical questions just reinforces the fact you guys are strangers.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in your boat. The only thing that keeps me from talking to women sometimes is I am terrified of not being interesting enough and not knowing what to talk about.

TheLadiesChoice

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bud_2005
I am in your boat. The only thing that keeps me from talking to women sometimes is I am terrified of not being interesting enough and not knowing what to talk about.
Smile, say "Hi", ask them open-ended questions about THEM, and LISTEN :D Its like riding a bike Bud2005;) :cool: Youre just gonna get better and better and realize it wasnt sh*t to be afraid of in the first place:D

Cheat_LBJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being mysterious is just another way of saying "Don't dominate the conversation" and "Don't tell someone your life story the first time you meet them."

The goal is to make the woman feel like you're genuinely interested in her, as opposed to finding someone to listen to you talk about yourself and pontificate on matters of great import to you.

A good rule of thumb for accomplishing this is to make sure every statement you make ends in a question back to her that relates to something you or she just said.

exwhyzee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I used to be terrorfied of talking to girls, because I was unsure of what to say. I was always looking for list of things to say, similar to what you are doing now, and it was a big waste of time. The fact of the matter most of the time you can talk about anything, yes anything, not to be cliche but it is not what you say but how you say it. As long as you frame things in the right manner for the situation, you will be fine. The trouble comes when you feel like the other person is not being cooperative in the conversation. I used to try to think up cool things to say and would get very little response for girls and that bothered me, I wanted them to get excited and talk all about the topic, but sometimes they wouldn't b/c I was not focusing on the right things. You need to be confident and as long as you are you will be fine. Evolve and adapt to the conversation and setting.

Just relax and enjoy your company.