How do you start phone convo?

Çloud¤$trider

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im wondering, I mean how do you guys do it? Most of you can talk on the phone for over 3 hours over i dont know what, but tell me you secret! Becuase in person i have no problem talkin to the girl becuase i can alway have somthing to focus on talkin about(her hair, shirt, bodylanguage), but over the phone i cant think of nothing, I mean nothing!, so tell me how you do it, spill the big secret. Oh and if you dont mind just post one of your previous phone convos from the other night or somthing. Anything is useful.

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Çloud¤$trider
Most of you can talk on the phone for over 3 hours
Are you implying we're all AFC's?

DJ's use the phone to set up a date to talk in person. Nothing else.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: How do you start phone convo?

Originally posted by TheNewGuy
Are you implying we're all AFC's?

DJ's use the phone to set up a date to talk in person. Nothing else.
Phone calls can also be done on occasions.

Çloud¤$trider

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look if you only want to call her to talk to her, or hear her voice. Seriously comeon we see eachother everyday at school so it dont really matter about setting up dates. But everytime I get on the phone I dont know what to talk about, i mean girls call me all the time and most cases there's always this awkard silence somewhere in between the convo.

kegger

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like this question and am also interested in how this is done. So if you were going to talk on the phone becuase you can not get together in person, how would you start it?

happymeal88

Don Juan
Reaction score
"hey, whats up?"

or some inside joke between you too. I find it shocking you guys cannot start a conversation on the phone, it's 10x easier than in person, I think, and in person is pretty damn easy.

KKnight

Don Juan
Reaction score
"hey how u doin" is always how I start my convo with my gf. Or i'll say her name really obnoxiously just to get her to laugh. Ask how her day was, what she did. Anything interesting. Eventually she will ask you the same and then just take it from there. It's really simple and so what if you have awkward silences bring ANYTHING up. Most phone talk is just jibber-jabber or like some people said to set something up for later.

kegger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thnx, now I just got to get her number, I am hoping to ask her for it through email.

arutha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you say when there's an awkward silence? 'Well, I gotta go now. Cya later!'

Its not like its the last time you can ever talk to her, nor do you need to have long phone convos. When there is silence just end it and avoid the awkwardness.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by arutha
What do you say when there's an awkward silence? 'Well, I gotta go now. Cya later!'

Its not like its the last time you can ever talk to her, nor do you need to have long phone convos. When there is silence just end it and avoid the awkwardness.
no

that sounds dumb and nervous.

try saying something stupid to her... or a random thing

Reaction score
There is only two type of convosation I could think of. The fun kind where you spice things up or the boring kind where you talk about asolutly nothing for hours(havent master the boring kind yet). You can open a phone convosation by making a big scence, thus spice things up or make a big joke or prank at the begining. Like exm.

me: Hey lady! guess what?
her: what?
me: You just won a million dollars!(or a brand new car, or somthing)
her: bullcrap,
me: absolutly say, when were goin to the movies this friday you can spend that million dollars on me!

I acualy did somthing similar to this and the girl I was talkin to was responding very positively to this.

Boring convo.

me: Hey whats up
her: nothing
me: thats cool, so what did you do today?
her: ah nothing really

see boring! this convo is leading nowhere, is this what you guys are experiencing?

polaris_01

Don Juan
Reaction score
mb talk 2 her more imperson, so u no wot u could talk about. if you are just phoning her for a chat you might want to make notes incase it gets realy awkward and silent

kegger

Don Juan
Reaction score
and you can give us those notes if it is good, maybe we can learn from it.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hello

ghostin

Don Juan
Reaction score
the first time an awkward silence comes along in a convo...point it out and make fun of it..or make fun of her by blaming her for the silence.

I do it sometimes, they usually get a kick out of it.

But don't do it to often, otherwise it will look too planned.

True Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way to start a phone convo ever: Dial the number.

SlyD4rK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ghostin
the first time an awkward silence comes along in a convo...point it out and make fun of it..or make fun of her by blaming her for the silence.

I do it sometimes, they usually get a kick out of it.

But don't do it to often, otherwise it will look too planned.
yeah...every once in a while i will use this line.

awkward silence...
me:did you know a cow died?
her: wait, what?
me: yeah....everytime an awkward silence occurs a cow dies...good job, you inhuman cow butcherer...GAH!

usaully grabs her attention

Wee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about making a good impression on the phone. Why? Because she should be making a good impression on you. Now to get a convo going just expand on little things she says and get her talking.

You: Hey wassup
Her: Nothin, what about you.
You: Nothing really, wat did you do 2day?
Her: Well i had to stay after school for play practice cuz I got the leading role.
You: What play is it (you are expanding on what she said..)
Her: (sum play, had the word tree in it)
You: Oh so you are the tree in the middlle of the stage?
Her: No!! (giggling)

Just go off like that. I got her talking about the play for a while and she said something about gettin' a puppy, but we kept talkin' about the play since it was just a little sidebar. Once we were done talkin' bout that I felt an awkward silence about to come on, so I asked her about the puppy. BAM! Just get her talkin' about something, and chicks will go on forever. Try not to get into depressing topics though.

Now sometimes you get stuck with a flat out boring chik..

You: Hey wassup
Her: Nothing
You: What didja do 2day?
Her: Nothing
You....

Doesn't give you much to work with, does it? Whenever that happens though, I just say something like "Don't go too crazy there party animal" and if shes really pissin' the **** outa me I'll flat out tell her "You are puttin' me to sleep here, I called so you would entertain me". If you are runnin' outa stuff to talk about a good one I always use is which gender has life harder. I think it is a fun thing to talk about. Think of fun stuff like that so you have something to bring up whenever you are outa ****.

Her: Girls have it so much harder! We have PERIODS!
Me: Guys have it harder.. We gotta deal with girls on their periods.
Me::cool:

SynapsyS

Don Juan
Reaction score
This might just be me, because I'm not for spontaneous remarks, but on the phone the other night to a girl i'm seeing tomorrow night, there was an awkwards silence..;

Me: ...
Her: ...
Me: Hold on a sec *puts phone down* (banging noises in the background)
Her: ...
Me: ..Back, damn gigantic ****roaches. Invade this! *bang*
Her: HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE ****?
Me: Lol.