How do you respond when stood up?

John C

Reaction score
I am working on getting through the bible but haven't hit this stuff yet. I remember reading some of it in the past though. Tried searching as well.

What do you do when you get stood up?

When she finally calls you with the excuse how do you respond without sounding needy or like a push-over?

Edit: just have to say I'm not calling her... she can call me.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if its disrespect then you walk away - if it truly was for some important reason (this is rare) then you react accordingly.

John C

Reaction score
flexion_ said:
Well if its disrespect then you walk away - if it truly was for some important reason (this is rare) then you react accordingly.
Thanks

I've been reading around and read this as well, If she gives a BS/Lame excuse call her on it and saying she has to make it up some way. If she doesn't do it, then you next. What are your thoughts on that?

milrenkb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey it happens. Keep your head up and don't worry about what people unworthy of your time do or don't do. In the end you can look at it from the perspective of, well if this person made a concious decision to stand me up why would I want to be with them? Clearly they're not a person worthy of your respect and one that is especially not worthy of your admiration and attraction.

Salute

Natch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro , if a woman stands you up, disregard her , and/or call her on it. If youre going to call her on it , do it like you'd do it to a friend.

If one of your buddies stands you up you'd call him and go "Dude, where the fcuk are you?".

A good friend of mine adds , never respond on impulse , always have a moment of thought before you go live with any response.

Whats most important here is how you treat yourself. If you act like a doormat to a woman then youre telling youself youre a doormat. if you get all upset then youre telling yourself that your life is that small that some btich can throw you that easily.

My personal response would be : if my bullsh!t detector went off when she made her excuses , then I'd delete her number and fnever give it a second thought.

If I thought her reasons were genuine, I'd give it a few weeks and hit her back.If she stood me up twice , I'd delete her number and then go fcuk her sister.

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't bother call her out on it, it doesn't solve nothing. (Just making sure stand up means flake right?)

Best bet is to give it another go or next her. Good thing to do is tell her she has to make it up to you. If she flakes you again you should maybe forget about it. I don't know maybe I'm less harsh then everyone else but I usually wait alittle longer to next because I've seen many lays happen to other people by just keeping in touch with them for alittle longer.

jigga23

Banned
Reaction score
ive gotten stood up d1ck teased etc. all i do is say alright then thats your decision so im leaving or im done with you. actually walk away, hang up the phone, etc. then they come running back after you show them that youre not going to stick around with their bullsh!t. call them out and let them know yo uknow what their thinking or doin. best thing to say is "ok well if thats what you want then i guess thats it so ill see you when i see you. that sh!t is 99% full proof. trust me try it out next time. thats true dont necessarily next them right away just act like it. dont call them for a week or two. theyll call if you had a connectoin with them before. you walk away or act like it you have power over her. its all about the frame she sees you in. act before she acts. i got stood up last night somewhat or blue balled read it if you want to see what i said. i think i did the right thing title is : I got hustled do i handle this right

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When stood up, call seven days later, and apologize for standing HER up, and say that something very important (work-related) came up, family emergency etc. In other words, you insinuate that you never showed up in the first place.

Tell her you will make it up to you when your schedule allows. Do not contact her until she contacts you. Until she does, if she does , forget that she even exists. If she never contacts you, you have lost nothing.