How do YOU respond when a woman cancels/flakes on you?

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The super majority of us have been there. You are getting ready to hangout with a girl who agreed to go out with you and suddenly comes in a phone call or a text message. It is often something in the "emergency" category or allegedly cannot be postponed (e.g., my grandmother is sick in the hospital).

It is the most frustrating when they wait until the last minute, if at all, to get in touch with you. So my question is, how do you all handle/react to women who cancel on you? My guess is a significant number of you will "stay unaffected," but how do you respond? Do you text something back, call her back, do nothing? Elaborate as much as possible so that other DJs can learn from our discussion.

All valuable responses are welcome

--------------------------------------------------------
I had an appointment/get-together with a girl tonight. She appears very high IL. She approached me initially to ask for my phone number and I immediately turned my game on. She responds to texts fast and writes more than me, with lots of "hahaha's" and flirting. We originally had it set for Tuesday night, but she asked me if we could changed it to Wednesday. I declined and she counter-offered:

Hb: Hey, I really don't want to be tired at work tomorrow morning (8am). Can we change it to tomorrow (wednesday)?
R: I can't tomorrow
Hb: How about Friday?
R:Maybe ;) What's in it for me for changing plans?
Hb: Lolol, idk some chocolate? Lol
R: Make it dark chocolate. Lol, I'll see you Friday at 8:30pm.
Hb: Awesome! See you then!

--------------Today (Friday)-------------------------

Hb called and I didn't answer, so she texted:

Hb: Just calling you because I had a family emergency. My grandma is in the hospital...And I'm on my way over there and there's no way I can make it tonight.

R: (I have not responded yet)

Last edited:
B

BeDJ

First time:
'Okay.' or 'No problem.'

This brief response SHOULD trigger a very sympathetic response or a reschedule for later if she remotely interested in meeting up. If not, toss the number.

If she does it a second time, don't even bother responding.

Premature nexting is better than begging for a date.

Edit: I've used this today after the first flake with success:

'Thank god'

Last edited by a moderator:

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When she flakes, use this:

Actually, that works better for me, my schedule today is bit hectic! I will give you a shout later on so we can make other plans
Whether you give her a shout later is up to you. It leaves the ball in your court which is great.

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BeginningDJ said:
First time:
'Okay.' or 'No problem.'

This brief response SHOULD trigger a very sympathetic response or a reschedule for later if she remotely interested in meeting up. If not, toss the number.

If she does it a second time, don't even bother responding.

Premature nexting is better than begging for a date.
Pretty sure this is the answer and the thread can end here.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I've been lucky is hasn't happened to me that much. Twice that I can remember in the last 2-3 years? 2 times 2 different broads. 1 wasn't a big deal I relaxed & teased her and let her get back to chasing me. It was early in the relationship. The other didn't turn out so good, the relationship was going to shlt anyway so she flaked & I just didn't see it coming. It was a 3-4 month spring fling I suppose.
NEXT

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Show indifference. Feel as if though it never bothered you.

It could be a s*** test. I would NC until she texts or calls you.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robyn923b said:
--------------Today (Friday)-------------------------

Hb called and I didn't answer, so she texted:

Hb: Just calling you because I had a family emergency. My grandma is in the hospital...And I'm on my way over there and there's no way I can make it tonight.

R: (I have not responded yet)
I don't think I'd put this in the category of flaking. If she really didn't want to see you, do you think she'd come up with the grandma story.

In this case I'd have said "Hey, no problem, family is more important. Let me know when you're up for it."

If the grandma is really sick, then you look considerate to her and she'll quite likely come back to you.
If the grandma isn't sick and it's just a line she's feeding you... well, so what? Just keep moving forward with other girls.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
If a woman wants to see you, she'll move a mountain to see you, or climb over it as well.

When a woman flakes, I assume she's in another castle and spin more plates. Why the f**k should I give a woman another chance to set me up? F**k that! My time is too valuable and I have little time for bullsh*t and games.

Besides, would a woman flake or have a family emergency if she had a date with Channing Tatum? Most likely not. And showing indifference may help YOU, but it will do very little to get her to go for you. She most likely got a better man/ offer.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Indifference or any sort of ego saving response is pointless and a waste of time.

If she flakes shes most likely has tons of other requests from other guys for a night out and she can't accept them all.

like2jam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not even sure I'd say " I'll hit you up next week ". But you could definitely ask her what happened to Grandma.

I'd leave it up to her to offer for another time.

Let us know how it plays out.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
like2jam said:
Not even sure I'd say " I'll hit you up next week ". But you could definitely ask her what happened to Grandma.

I'd leave it up to her to offer for another time.

Let us know how it plays out.

You just made a big mistake... you NEVER leave anything up to her. She will NEVER come through. Never leave the ball in her court.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Replying with "OK, no prob" is more that enough when she cancels or gives you a lame excuse. Translated it means, ''fück off, I don't like you enough to spend an hour with you''. She doesn't deserve more than an 8 letter reply.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
Replying with "OK, no prob" is more that enough when she cancels or gives you a lame excuse. Translated it means, ''fück off, I don't like you enough to spend an hour with you''. She doesn't deserve more than an 8 letter reply.

The problem here is she just told YOU to f/ck off first. Therefore what you said is meaningless.

However if you leave the ball in your court, you can possibly hit her up in a week or two when her emotions have changed and she will meet up.

I know it sucks, and it's wrong but this is how the game is. Love it or leave it.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BeginningDJ said:
If you realize that, why bother responding?

Because just because she flakes doesn't mean you won't tap it later. It happens. Besides, you aren't supposed to care if she flakes because you have 5 other plates right?

like2jam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Malice said:
You just made a big mistake... you NEVER leave anything up to her. She will NEVER come through. Never leave the ball in her court.
Well, I disagree, because if I girl flakes on you and doesn't suggest another day or at least say, next week, then it's pretty much a blow off situation.

I would be a chump to pursue and ask again after she flaked and didn't offer a replacement time. So no, not a mistake. A clear choice to not be a chump.

mr. kennedy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed with the above. If the chick doesn't propose something else, it's a sign she's blowing you off.

There is that 15% chance that she would meet up at a future time if you are persistent. That is dependent if she has other men in the picture.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
like2jam said:
Well, I disagree, because if I girl flakes on you and doesn't suggest another day or at least say, next week, then it's pretty much a blow off situation.

I would be a chump to pursue and ask again after she flaked and didn't offer a replacement time. So no, not a mistake. A clear choice to not be a chump.
I don't know about this. You can't assume the worst all the time. I have had chics flake because they have a zit, or it's their time of the month and they think they look bloated and fat. And they still didn't do a counter offer. Maybe they are shy?

like2jam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Malice. One can definitely try again. But it really depends on the situation and the woman. It also might simply have to do with your mood or what other options you have going at the time.

If you have other options that are attentive to you, then she who snoozes, loses. Just like if you snooze, you lose as well. But in my experience, at least with women experience in the world of dating, they will ALWAYS offer an alternative date or range of time if they all of a sudden can't make it. Otherwise, they are playing games or just blowing you off.

I would rather wait and find a woman who's courteous and offers to meet another time, like a normal, interested person would.