How do you respond to this.

Corndowg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever i talk to this one girl I flatter her with the words beautiful and fabulous and gourgeous (in a ****y/funny charming way.)

Now the thing is that when i say that to her she just turns away and says..."I don't see it..."

I've had many girls say this to me and I just want one really good response to that.

Any help appreciated

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There isn't a good response to it. You shouldn't be doing that shyt in the first place. This is a fundamental error, as evidenced by all the blow-offs and deflections you get when using this.

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never talk like that because

1) You may come off as insincere
2) You may come off as supplicating/kissing her ass
3) If you do it all the time they just get used to it/tired of it and it loses whatever positive effect it may have had.
4) A lot of other chumps pull the same sh!t

Compliments should be sporadic and based on something she had to put some thought into.

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Avoid it like the plague. Compliment vary sparringly.

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I get that ALL the time. These are a few things I usually say in reply.

- "aw... beautiful AND modest! Its a good character trait, but cut the act... I'm on to you and your ways." From there, just wing it. Say whatever you need to say depending on how she responds.

- "Oh yes you are! But you just dont see it. I totally understand why so I dont blame you. (pause for her curriousity to peak. Wait for her to ask you what you meant). You're jaded by your own beauty! Let me explain. (this is what I say because I have a fancy show car so use whatever story that best suits you.) Alot of people say... wow, your car is so beautiful, its so this and its so that. When I look at my car, sure I think its nice, but I dont get all crazy about it like they do. Then I realized something. Its because I've become jaded... I see that same car everyday, drive that car everyday... its become normal to me. And for you... you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and see the same face everyday. Brush the same teeth every day. Brush the same hair everyday. What you see now has become normal... but in actuallity, like my car, you are beautifull, one of a kind. Everyone else sees it, but the person that sees it everday. But thats just my theory... but what do I know." Then give them the ****iest grin you can because you know they're thinking "damn, this guy is right!" If she continues to disagree and say she is average, what I would do is say yes... just as my car is average.. and keep on comparing how my car and her are alike. Girls would usually blush, try to fight, but have no way out.

To the others who replied and dont agree with the methods of flattery. I've been using this forever and have always been successful. If it doesnt work for, you... its not the method, but how you are applying it. It works, its just that you're not working it.

One last thing... Its not so much what you say, but more importantly, HOW you say it.

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My gf said this to me one time as she was complimenting me... she said, 'your gorgeous..' I started to say 'I look like sh..' when she cut me off and said, 'No! ...you listen to me, don't make me beat you too!' :)

I jumped her bones right there.

Paul Owen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thought I would quote the lead character from Glamorama (Victor):

Damien- How do you do it, man? What's your secret?
Vitctor- Hey, um, I don't have any secrets.
Damien- No, moron. Your secret with women.
Victor- Um. Never compliment them.
Damien- What?
Victor- Not disinterested exactly. If they ask tell them, y'know, their hair looks bleached.. Or if they ask tell them their nose is to wide.... Then they're yours.

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thought I would quote the lead character from Glamorama (Victor):
That is some dodgy advice, the trick is to use compliments sparingly and in a meaningful manner, not using them at all is just as bad, if not worse then overusing them.

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree, I think it is ok to compliment in the way he is saying. The key is when you say it you have to believe that you are Don Juan himself. You have to say it in a sort of way that says, yeah I'm shamelessly trying to get into your pants, what are you going to do about it? I personally like saying it with a huge grin on my face.
I do never try and make general compliments like that, I will most likely compliment things like a girls new hairstyle, her tan or her style that evening. If I make a general compliment like that I like to make it so she wonders if I am serious or not.
Now if she says she doesn't see it I would probably say something like,
You don't have to, I see it and that is all that matters.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her; "yeah, i don't see it...."

You: "you're right. I was lying..."

and walk off....

Right. Use compliments sparingly. I use to work with a guy who dated a girl at work. He literally bought her roses once or twice a week. Had them delivered, etc.

I asked him, "you buy X flowers so much, what do you do for a special occasion?" He had no answer... They didn't last long...

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by comote
I disagree, I think it is ok to compliment in the way he is saying. The key is when you say it you have to believe that you are Don Juan himself. You have to say it in a sort of way that says, yeah I'm shamelessly trying to get into your pants, what are you going to do about it? I personally like saying it with a huge grin on my face.
I do never try and make general compliments like that, I will most likely compliment things like a girls new hairstyle, her tan or her style that evening. If I make a general compliment like that I like to make it so she wonders if I am serious or not.
Now if she says she doesn't see it I would probably say something like,
You don't have to, I see it and that is all that matters.
You know I agree with this to an extent. The biggest natural DJ I've ever met actually does this sometimes and it works for him. He has always told me one of his best approaches in dealing with people is to "kill them with kindness".

The thing is he is naturally a very funny, charismatic guy so he can back it up. And yeah, like comote says when he throws out one of these compliments he always has the biggest sh!t-eating grin on his face and he totally hams it up. It is impossible not to laugh/smile back at him. Oh and he only does this on cold pu's - it's not like he goes around kissing some girl's ass EVERY day or something.