How do you guys PU girls at clubs

Triangulo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to a club last night and had no success. As chicks were walking by, i was just grabbing them by the arm and smiling(prolly bad), a couple girls i would ask their name. However, everything failed... Can you guys comment on how the pick up is done? I think i need to be a little more creative, but thats really hard for me.
How do you guys do it?

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a good friend who is very good looking who does that "grab arm" approach, its 50/50 with him. If the girl is drunk, she will stop, if she is a HB9+ she usually just looks at him, and walks away

I too would like to know some club approaches as Im going to a dance club tonight (I will have lots of social proof with me so wish me luck!)

Tkman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
At the club I find it much more easier to do it then on the street, school, etc. Grabbing a chick by the arm would boost her "ego" so it's a no no for me but if it works for you by all means keep doing it.

Try to make eye contact with a chick for 3 seconds, smile, and approach her. (If she smiles back)

Dancing would give you better chance.

Just start a converstaing and be C+F

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If girls are walking by, they probably have a destination in mind.

Grabbing a girls arm is not the way to go. A tap on the shoulder should be sufficient to get their attention.

Drink water with a lime for the first hour or so, so you don't get drunk too soon.

Smile, dress nicely and brush your teeth.

Go to the bar for fun, not the pick up. The pick up is a by product of your fun.

Triangulo

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you guys say though once you get their attention?
What are some creative lines?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Triangulo
What do you guys say though once you get their attention?
What are some creative lines?
"Hi, come dance with me." Simple, to the point, sets you up for kino.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when i hit the clubs i always bring other female friends with me

they do the pickin up for me

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I normally just get looks/approaches when I hang at the bar or dance... Then I get into a conversation with them which usually ends with us making out which then leads to us taking a cab later on and then...

Neptunes

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think body language and eye contact is very important in clubs... The rules in clubs differ from the 'normal' life. This can be a disadvantage, but the advantage is that when a girls smiles to you, and gives you a positive signal you know you're in!

Creative pick up lines... I think most girls are clever enough to fall for them.

But maybe you can use this strategy:

Ok, you're standing in the club and made eye-contact to a girl. A approach her and start a conversation.

You: Hey, how are you?
Girl: I'm fine, and you?
You: Great... I've had a great week so far. I did 'X' and I loved it. How was you week?
Girl: bla bla bla
You: What did you do?
Girl: X
You: Oh, bla bla bla! (insert joke, or something funny about X)
Girl: *smiles*

Ok, now you've broke the ice, you will go on and sharpen your weapons....

You: So... tell me who are you with?
Girl: With X (If X is boyfriend, end convo)
You: Alright... and you're trying to hook up with some guys and all?
Girl: Yes/No
You: Okay... I'm going to check'em out along with you (smile)

A few seconds later...

You: Aight, listen up! What if I tell you I've found some great handsome guys for you?(point your finger to a group of louzy looking AFC's)
Girl: *smiles* No, thanks!!
You: Hey! You are compatible to each other like Adam and Eve...
(sum up the things that would be 'compatible' like their dressing style or their beautiful eyes, etc...)
Girl: Well, not really... bla bla bla
You: Ahh...I see... then I guess I've made a wrong estimation. So, what do think is important for a guy then?
Girl: bla bla bla.....

And...you're having a conversation!

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't recommend the grab arm thing... like someone said, they have a destination and you grabbing them is preventing them from getting there.

i usually just chill by the bar until i see some chicks just talkin with eachother... i'll either go solo or bring a friend with me.

i just say what's up to them and get their names. i don't offer my name. i want to test their IL and see if they ask my name. the convo goes from there.

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RE:

I dont recommend grabbing anyone by the arm. Learn how to dance. Its a real turn on for women to see a guy who knows how to groove a bit on the dance floor. I do this all the time. I will hit the club early, right before the crowd gets there...I then walk out on a nearly empty dance floor and start grooving to the music, usually a group of girls will start looking and smiling. Then I approach. Simple as that and it has worked night after night for initially meeting someone. Dancing is not hard to learn. Its my number one hobby so its easy for me but for others just learn how to groove doing simple steps and eventually you'll get it down.

If you're totally against learning to dance I would suggest buying yourself a really killer outfit and a hat to compliment it. You'll be surprised how many women walk by and say "I like your hat" I bought a Derby like Kid Rock wears feather and all and I don it with some casual but nice clothing. The hat set me back $30 at some urban fashion store. It was cheap. I didnt want to spend $90 on a Stetson or Baileys.

3) Compliment a woman on something she is wearing. "That outfit looks great on you" 9 out of 10 times she will "thank you " and smile. Start a conversation from there and end it after about 4-5 minutes so you dont look like you're trying to hard. At the end offer her a drink and then walk on.

4) Be the life of the party. Usually works if you're with about 2 or 3 other friends. Point to a girl (make sure she looks like she's already in a good mood) and say to her "tonight is your night!! It was my night but seeing you in the outfit and all...its your night big time!" Make sure you make hand gestures and facial expressions that are both humorous and exciting. THIS WORKS FOR ME SO MUCH!! Yes I do get an occassional weird look from a girl or ones that just shake their head and keep walking but that doesnt compare to the ones that smile, start laughing and ask "so why is it my night" or "really? you really like this dress?" The key though is having company around you because you dont want to be standing there alone saying that and looking like a fool. Make sure your friends are with you on this. TRUST ME it works about 70 percent of the time. This requires character and a bit of boldness but the results are worth it.

Reaction score
OMG.

Every single reply here is so AFC!

GEt with the program people.

Nothing beats a bottle of chloroform and a clean rag.

No muss no fuss. The DJ way! :cool:

Reaction score
1. Dress to the tee. Look sharp...that is your bait.

2. Post up and watch for ho choosin signals. That means they are checking you out.

3. Pick the finest ones who check you out and ask her to dance

4. take it from there.

bishopdonjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with Selsomseen..you gotta learn how to dance. I am extremely good at dancing (and i'm not gay) better than most everyone on the floor and definently most of the girls I dance with. Since I know this, I am EXTREMELY confident almost ****y at all times just naturally on the dance floor, and also since I love dancing, I am always having an extreme amount of fun in the clubs. Obviously both of these things come across to the girls, they recognize how confident I am, and how much fun I am having and thus they actually gravitate towards me on the dance floor because I successfully become the life of the party.

You have to evaluate what type of girl it is. Most of the time I end up grabbing the girl to dance with me without any verbal confirmation, but if shes by the bar all day, or standoffish, she might not be your type, but try to get that eye contact and see what you can do. If she gives you the eye contact in an environment like this then you are IN....no exception. But NEVER NEVER ASK her to dance....oh man that it so gentlemanly....with the key word being GENTLE, not at all an Alpha quality.

Once you get her I usually either do on one or two songs. If shes a real good dancer, do one song just to have fun, then on the second song use this time to talk to her while dancing. Because its so loud in the club, you'll have to invade her space and almost be in a position to kiss her for her to even hear you. DONT take her to a quieter place, at least not for a while, because the fact that you have to be so close for her to hear is perfect KINO. It won't even seem intrusive to her because she knows there is no other way for her to hear. I'm not going to give you any tips on the conversation, but keep her laughing...and if you're truly having fun this shouldn't be a problem.

You can either close the first time you talk to her or if you think she needs more buttering and can risk that she'll be there say 20 minutes later, leave her and say you have to catch up with your friends, or one of my favorites I saw on the board "could you excuse me I promised this girl I'd dance with her before the night is over" then go dance with some random girl (obviously one that you have little chance to get turned down by so if shes watching it doesn't look like you're lying). Leaving her hanging like that will make her think you are just a hot item or that she lacks something, because you were obviously confident enough to close, but you chose not too. She'll probably find you later, but if she doesn't just bump into her like you didn't plan on seeing her again and close at that time.

Now obviously it wouldn't be the easiest thing to learn how to dance as good as I have (unless you spend the same many years of learning every style out there which is not an easy thing) but you just need to have just enough to make you feel confident about what you are doing, and enough for you to have fun dancing. If you can accomplish these two I assure you the sexual tension thats already in the air....and maybe even the alcohol...will make you so confident that no reasonable girl will turn you down.

The other key is to make sure that you have a prop that makes you stand out. This can put you above and beyond. Fortunately, most guys are real generic in clubs, so standing out shouldn't be too hard. They have the slacks and the dress shirt of some unknonw color...if theres no specific dress code, where a hat, wear glasses, wear anythign that sets you apart. I hate to say it, but as long as your confident wearing it, just about anythign goes. You want something that will make their eyes stop when they hit you, giving you a chance to hit that eye contact if you are aware....or even stop you to compliment you and/or ask about your outfit.

Sorry bout the long essay :D, but honestly this is one of my most successful places....I usually have about 90% success with my closes in clubs Honestly. Now if only i could duplicate the same amount of confidence and fun i'm having outside the club scene....thats why I'm here :D. Anyways good luck with the club scene.