How do you guys avoid getting attached?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically I find women that have great personalities, great jobs, etc, but I know they sleep around. Despite my intuition/logic telling me that these women aren't good for relationships, I can't help but like them.
Nothing wrong with that, just understand that they are probably not relationship material.

I’ve recently noticed there is a bizarre masochistic streak amongst some posters here.
Boys acting like men without understanding what being a man is about because they follow the wrong role models.

Remember that your a guy, not a broad... Only the latter bond after sex
This type of childlike infatuation with someone that makes your trouser snake rear up is feminine behaviour.

The OP's description suggests that this guy is among the 5-10% who's done the sometimes gritty and uncomfortable work of learning to not constantly be overrun by his emotions
A role model, for sure.

I've also seen him get rejected many times. Some girl at a hookah bar who was pretty attractive just straight up ignored him, some girl sitting in front of us at the bus pretty much ignored him, girl at the library ignored him, etc. He just seemed to not care at all.
Being 'ignored' is not the same as being rejected. Some women will be attracted to you, some won't. And the ones who won't will just have other attraction criteria. The more 'niche' you are, the higher the percentage of women who will not be attracted to you, but that doesn't matter because who wants to be with a woman who isn't attracted to them?

Really made me think about how many guys out there born with good looks are in relationships or are otherwise leading happy romantic lives not knowing that if they weren't attractive, they'd probably be incel.
Not really, because being an incel is not related to looks but insecurity and feeling inferior, coupled with the mental illness of having impossibly high standards in a potential partner. Lacking good looks is not that detrimental to dating for average looking men.