How do you get them to stop calling you a player?

ConfidentDon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok recently I've been working on my short game with women and generally practicing all my DJ skills and becomeing a better human being. Recently I have gotten complety over the fear of going and talking to hot chicks (Though I'm still lacking in the closing area) and because of this more than one of my good female friend (pre DJ) have been calling me a player. Being a "Player" is an extreamly bad rep to have with woman (even if we really are one) and can really hinder your efforts. I was wondering if there was anyway to dispell this image. Thanks guys.

~Confident Don

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares if a women calls you a player?

Its only a bad rap because you think it is one. If you didn't care what they said about you then then'd stop saying it.

Iamnotacrook

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
a good way to not be a player, is to not have sex... and to take relationships very seriously, and not trying to "**** as much and as soon as possible"

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take as a compliment.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think its really a bad rep. Ive had girls call me a player blah blah. That didnt stop them from doing a damn thing. It give them a reason to work harder for your attention.

TxCowboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ConfidentDon
Ok recently I've been working on my short game with women and generally practicing all my DJ skills and becomeing a better human being. Recently I have gotten complety over the fear of going and talking to hot chicks (Though I'm still lacking in the closing area) and because of this more than one of my good female friend (pre DJ) have been calling me a player. Being a "Player" is an extreamly bad rep to have with woman (even if we really are one) and can really hinder your efforts. I was wondering if there was anyway to dispell this image. Thanks guys.

~Confident Don

I love it when they call me a "playa" - just shows too that they're prolly AFC girls who cant figure us out:rolleyes:

Dr Box

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being called a playa is awesome I love it, there is something called social proof, if they think you are a playa it is cause they think you have something going for you that chicks love, and that you can get any chick you want.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Having a rep for being a player increases your social value. Women will tease you and maybe even criticize, but will secretly wonder why you are so successful. Giovanni Casanova's success was exponential with the passing of the years specifically because his reputation precededed him.

(Yes, Casanova was a real person.)

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marlimus
Having a rep for being a player increases your social value. Women will tease you and maybe even criticize, but will secretly wonder why you are so successful. Giovanni Casanova's success was exponential with the passing of the years specifically because his reputation precededed him.

(Yes, Casanova was a real person.)
true dat!

being a player qualifies you as a good fvcking material, but not a relationship material..

are we complaining here?

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Iamnotacrook
a good way to not be a player, is to not have sex... and to take relationships very seriously, and not trying to "**** as much and as soon as possible"
Someone ban this guy.

Hamno

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Q-Unit
Someone ban this guy.
Hopefully they wont, there is room for being a DJ within the confines of actually wanting to spend time with one particular woman...

If one is being called a player then It does seem you're overdoing it a wee bit...

Hamno

Blackdragon5095

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like in my hater topic, your friend notices how you get alot of girls so and knows you can live without her or replace her so she has to be on good mood if she wishs to stick around. She even around you because your becoming hard to get. I had women call me a player to and even still wanna talk to me. Don't let it get you man. Ketp doing what you are doing.

nectarine

Don Juan
Reaction score
If these player-callers are personal friends from back in the day, how is what they say affecting you or your game?

Women around to watch you play the game over and over again are gonna call you a player. So are the guys! There's nothing you can do about it, and why does it bother you anyway?

Presumably then, you'd prefer they assumed you never scored, to keep them quiet.

Again, how are your friends opinions affecting your game?