How do you get out of a date?

time2change

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering, what's the best way to end a date with a girl you don't like? Recently I've been several dates with girls I've met online. Unfortunately, I didn't like them, yet I didn't want to be rude, so I had to spend a couple of hours with them. What do you guys do when you see that your date is far from expectations?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"hey, look over there!"

then run.

Betterz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why dont you like them? Is it looks? Because you've already seen their photos, so that makes no sense. If its their personality... who cares, get some a$$ and move on...

GetFit66

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man my stomach is acting up, gotta run!

Fart on the way out.

If they call back, sorry I'm allergic to you.

:crackup:

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way to deal with that is to keep the first date
simple and brief. Which you should be doing in the first place.

Invite them to Lunch or Coffee.

I had this happen a few times. Her photos looked MUCH
better. Another one was super heavy.

When I know I'm not attracted to them in person, I just
go with the flow and use it as socializing with a stranger practice.

time2change

Don Juan
Reaction score
Betterz said:
Why dont you like them? Is it looks? Because you've already seen their photos, so that makes no sense. If its their personality... who cares, get some a$$ and move on...
You know, photos can be misleading. Especially, if they are photos of girls on the dating sites. You never know what to expect.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Espi said:
"Sorry but I can't see you tonight."

Don't flatter yourself. She has 10 other guys in waiting.
LOL! QFT!

I just use the emergency phone call.

Case closed.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If they have lied on their profile, weight, age whatever, you don't have any obligation to sit there for two hours. Same if you aren't feeling it. Just keep early dates in stages that you control whether the next stage happens or not. No meals, movies, concerts or things of fixed duration. "Hey want to check out X neighborhood and grab a drink?" That can be a 30 minute date or a 2 hour one, up to you. If they lied on the profile, you are within your rights to cut it real short, if they didn't lie, no harm in spending 30 minutes with someone.

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why the heck are you having 2 hour dates with girls you're just meeting for the first time anyway? YOU are the one setting up the date, so YOU should also be in control of how long they last. Like someone else said above, keep first dates simple - coffee shops, bookstores, someplace where you can sit and talk but also end the conversation at any time.

Anyway... the easiest way to get out of a date is to tell her BEFORE the date that you have someplace else you have to be after the date, but don't tell her what time that thing starts. That way, if the date is going well you can just say "oh, the thing got moved to tomorrow night instead;" and, if you're having a BAD time, you can say "well, I gotta get going so I can prepare for that thing I'm going to tonight." Very simple stuff, maaaaan!