How do you get into the DJ mindset each morning?

ahoohlareneg

Reaction score
Sure, later in the day I am usually in a confident, fun mood (especially after reading some articles on here, laughing with friends, etc.)

But when I wake up in the morning, I feel exactly like the AFC that I used to be: Grumpy and unconfident.

How do the DJs start off their mornings (if they get up at 5:30 and only have time for breakfast, shower, and then drive to school)?

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, its not really a switch that you can turn on and be awesome. The DJ mindset is supposed to blend with your natural personality. And this of course takes time, practice, and successes. It is also called Inner Game. Some days you have it, some time you don't.

You have to believe that you are who you are no matter what's happening internally or externally with your state. In other words, you have to believe that you are the cool guy who picked up the HB9 last weekend, even though today you feel like sh1t.

actionjaxson

Don Juan
Reaction score
its normal for people to feel like crap when they wake up so early. just get a good amount of sleep, have breakfast, listen to some music to pump you up and carry on with your day

betterthandead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i feel like a dj when i get to get my balls sucked by ahoohlareneg's dad.

dav27

Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that i feel awesome in the morning but as the day drags on start to feel worse (tiredness i guess). Anyone get this/got any tips?

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
betterthandead said:
i feel like a dj when i get to get my balls sucked by ahoohlareneg's dad.
Who the **** are you?

Get testosterone! I sometimes get up pumped as hell! Okay, the firs 5 minutes are hard, but then I get into the mindset... It's because I get a lot of sleep and exercise before going to bed and durning the day.
It's not a technique you do to feel better, you have to change your lifestyle!

And read BBB's threads in the morning, that's gotta help you. :D

Rounder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was listening to the Jim Rome show the other day and he was talking about a guy who takes cold showers every morning. The guy said that when you take a cold shower it forces you to wake up and start your day.

I've thought about trying it myself - seriously, think about it - how your senses would spring to life and yeah it would hurt or be uncomfortable but you would immediately be in a different mindset each day.

Doing that each morning might make the rest of the day seem easy.

rapidfire

Don Juan
Reaction score
praise yourself. that's what i'm doing these days when i look in the mirror.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First things first.

Is your life in order? DO you have a job or career path you enjoy? DO you exercise and eat mostly fruits and veges in your diet?

Affirmations, cold showers, and approaches are great but to truly be a dj you must get your **** together. If your unemployed and livign at home in your moms basement you need to sort out the fundamentals first.

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I always do something tough. Like workout. That sets the tone for the rest of the day. FORCE yourself to throw your feet on the ground as soon as your alarm goes off and get going asap. How you start your day will directly impact how it goes.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's weird but my "DJ Mindset" turns on every time I see a girl I would consider dating. I'm having a bad day, feeling like sh1t, and when a hot girl comes into my sights, all of a sudden I pick myself up, I relax myself, and put on a smile. It isn't even a fake smile.

daring wraith

Don Juan
Reaction score
If entertaining:

Make love then make the girl breakfast or order room service.

Or if alone:

spend 45 minutes working out (all body weight exercises)
Shower

(Now this is the important bit....)
Welcome the new day, think of it as new adventure that you'll going to live as if its your last.

ahoohlareneg

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys

thefonz said:
Is your life in order? DO you have a job or career path you enjoy? DO you exercise and eat mostly fruits and veges in your diet?
I'm at school, music and poetry are my hobbies, and I'm a vegetarian, so I have that stuff down :D

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let the girl you slept with stay the night for a change rather than booting her out the door like usual and have her go down on you in the morning. That'll set you up for a DJ day in the neighborhood, a DJ day in the neighborhood.