How do i overcome being shy

exer

Reaction score
hi guys,

This is how it is,.. All my life i have been shy,... i try overcome it by just saying i dont care what everyone thinks, but that soon dies out as soon as i get mocked or i just give up...

I have had a rare amount of girlfriend many which are very bossy and erm... over confident (good thing)

:(

Instead of going out with a girl becoz i think i can like her... but actually get girls looking up as i walk past... or whisper to there friends etc (wierd) :p

But ye... i need help, Hope i can get some response.
:confused:

Thanks 100!!

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zoloft, Paxil, Pazxil CR....or you can start talking to strangers in all places..adn eventually you will get past this

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You overcome that by taking action that you usually wouldn't when you're shy. Only by doing can you overcome it. It can be a slow process depending on how many uncomfortable situations you expose yourself to.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by exer
hi guys,

This is how it is,.. All my life i have been shy,... i try overcome it by just saying i dont care what everyone thinks, but that soon dies out as soon as i get mocked or i just give up...

I have had a rare amount of girlfriend many which are very bossy and erm... over confident (good thing)

:(

Instead of going out with a girl becoz i think i can like her... but actually get girls looking up as i walk past... or whisper to there friends etc (wierd) :p

But ye... i need help, Hope i can get some response.
:confused:

Thanks 100!!
Use IM and web sites. Say what the hell you want to these women with number on the internet into the hundred thousands. Do this until you finally nothing bad will happen to you from rejection. It's totally annomous and you will never meet these women again.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21
Zoloft, Paxil, Pazxil CR
no offence man but could you not have come up with somthing better! :p

seductionman

Reaction score
It's natural to feel fearful in new situations. All humans do.

The key is to make it so that talking to strangers no longer is a new situation for you.

Try to simply say "hi" to everyone you meet for the next two weeks. Don't wait around for them to say "hi" back or even care whether they do.

The point is to take that first baby step so that you're cool with opening total strangers.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well he said he has been shy his entire life....if that is the case..wouldnt he have found something somewhere to make him unshy??????

maybe he has issues further than just having cold feet

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
soundsl ike you might have confidence problems. hit the gym and you'll feel better

exer

Reaction score
hi,
I havent been like shy my whole life its just *shrug*
like when people mock and stuff... brings my down and thats when i start feeling awkward... the people(so called "friends") who normally mock say its a joke but are very serious when they say it.. and its often when theres chicks around... :|

Ojete

Don Juan
Reaction score
soundsl ike you might have confidence problems. hit the gym and you'll feel better
Yeah, exer, things like that help a lot with your confidence issues.

In my case, i had similar problems a few years back, and when i hit the gym and started felling better about myself it was easier for me to approach women, to talk to strangers and saying the things i had in my mind without caring too much about what other people thought.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
Always play to win homey
Until you get over this shy thing USE it to your advantage. Always use weakness as a strength. Practice the "Im shy when it comes to pretty girls" to every girl you find. "If they ask why tell them." As a youth I was never really shy but my homey and I had a routine we called "shy guy". We would play shy for those quit girls who didnt like player types too much. It worked like a charm. You can use a piece of paper to kill someone, there are no true weakness once you understand and accept them. After getting some women you confidence will naturally go up on its own. Practice it at home, the brain never forgets anything (scientific fact). Its easier to remember then to create on the spot.

exer

Reaction score
Thanks y'all :)

will take all of your advise :) really appreciate it

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by exer
hi,
I havent been like shy my whole life its just *shrug*
like when people mock and stuff... brings my down and thats when i start feeling awkward... the people(so called "friends") who normally mock say its a joke but are very serious when they say it.. and its often when theres chicks around... :|
i know what you mean, back a year ago. this one friend would mock me or crack jokes on me. anytime i mocked me i never responded to him. But now its different, he tries to joke on me, i joke back, and me and him are very cool now.

last week i was with him in teh street and this hunchback woman was standing next to him -
him: that woman was talking to you, saying look at that ugly guy.
me: what u talking about, she was standing next to you.
him: she was looking at you
me: nah she was crosseyed, she was actually looking at you.
him: she was thinking it
me: ohhh, so you're psychic now eh?

the key is just to be comfortable in your skin and be yourself. the key is to not take life so seriously, have fun, laugh at it. the only reason your friend continues to mock you is cause you allow him to.

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In order to overcome general shyness. Begin by chatting to grannies and old age pensioners. They love to talk..if your at the bus stop just say "Hiya do you know when the next bus is " and smile.

The next stage chat to the assistant behind the counter at the bank or the local building society, or even sales assistants in the clothing shops. Start off with small talk like "Do you think this jacket would look good on me ?". I practise my flirting C & F with the sales assistants at the local building society :D. One particular girl I have experimenting on loves it..

Then try waitresses at Pizza hut...all these exercises will help build inner confidence to talk to a girl.