How do I not turn into the Rebound Guy?

Lennyboy

Reaction score
This will be my first post here, cheers to that!

This is my situation: I'm in Austria spending a season as a skibum. I've met a girl named Elin who I would love to get closer with. Although, she has a boyfriend since 3 years back in Sweden.

But yesterday I found out that she is going home for a couple of days (today-Saturday) to sort things out with her bf. Apparently their feelings for each other is starting to cool down.

NOW! If she returns as a single, how and what do I do to get closer to her without ending up as the Rebound Guy that she hooks up with when she's drunk and then feels terrible regret?

I'm thinking about continuing have a flirty communication with her and try to take it to the next level. But then make it clear by telling her that I don't want to be the Rebound Guy.

What do you guys think? All help, especially fast help, will be very grateful!

Cheers

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not tell her you dont want to be rebound guy!!!!!!! They will ALL say otherwise. Just go for it, and whatever happens happens. Have good game. Thats all you can do. If you bang her, and thats it... Then you got some! Look at the bright side. Its not really in your control.

BTW, if she's going back home to sort things our with her BF, she will come back thinking she's in love with him. Just game her like she's single, and forget about her BF. Be the guy that makes her forget about her BF! And, most importantly, GO GAME OTHER GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER EVER EVER, put your eggs in one basket.

Diaforetikos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Horaholic said it. Act like shes just another girl.

But I will say this... Isn't the rebound guy the guy who sleeps with, dates, or any other sexually related innuendo, still the the rebound guy?? Even if you start dating her, your the rebound guy. She never actually had time to distract herself from her ex.

Just a thought. So technically, no matter what way you look at it, your the rebound guy... assuming your successful with her.

Good luck mate!

Lennyboy

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the answers! Expecially Horaholic
I would probably have messed it up if I didn't post here.

I will keep you updated :)

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell, I have no problem being the Rebound Guy.

As long as I'm getting sex, and drama-free entertainment from this woman, I don't care how she views our arrangement.

Are you trying to hook up with this girl, or marry her for 80 years? Go date this girl, have some fun, and worry about titles afterward. If being "The Rebound Guy" means you bang her for a month, and she goes back to her boyfriend, then so be it. You still got what you wanted. Remember, dating is supposed to be fun. It's not that serious.

...Unless of course, you're already thinking about a lifelong loving relationship with a girl you havent even dated yet.

Catch my drift?

Lennyboy

Reaction score
I totally catch your drift. That's one of my biggest problem; I think way to much.
But I'm working on that everyday. And after reading The Game by Neil Strauss and finding this forum I get new tips every day. Again, thank you.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to be the rebound guy! Your not staying there forever.. Bang her and if its good she wont have regrets trust me

Lennyboy

Reaction score
Good news is that she just wrote to me and told me she misses me a lot :D

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lennyboy said:
Good news is that she just wrote to me and told me she misses me a lot :D
Very cute, but that's high school talk.

Remember, women will say all kind of sh*t. Ignore words, follow actions. Nice words without sex means nothing.

Lennyboy

Reaction score
You're right. Thank you for not letting me get carried away. I guess I still have A LOT to learn.

Lennyboy

Reaction score
Okey, so she's coming back to town tomorrow Saturday.
How do I act?

How do I find out if she's single or not. Just by simple asking "So, are you single now? ;) "

Or should I be a little more gentle and ask "So how did things work out with your bf? What was the problem between you guys if I may ask?"

But I guess I don't want her to talk to much about her bf? I have really no idea how to deal with this situation. Any hints?

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lennyboy said:
Okey, so she's coming back to town tomorrow Saturday.
How do I act?

How do I find out if she's single or not. Just by simple asking "So, are you single now? ;) "

Or should I be a little more gentle and ask "So how did things work out with your bf? What was the problem between you guys if I may ask?"

But I guess I don't want her to talk to much about her bf? I have really no idea how to deal with this situation. Any hints?
You don't have to ask anything about that.

You ask the woman out for a drink. Not a date. Just getting drinks. When you have her one on one, you'll know what she thinks of you. Maybe you'll sit closer to her throughout the night, then if that feels right, maybe you'll try some KINO, then you'll put your arm around her, then you'll make out. And if she DOES have a boyfriend, she'll either reject your offer for drinks, or act cold towards your escalation. You'll figure it out.

It's not about her waving a sign that says, "I AM SINGLE." It's about you escalating to find out. I've never asked a woman if she was single.