How could I have made this a better approach?

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Well, at the end of drama today, as we were walking out, I talked to this girl named Hallie, and asked her if she was going to the jubilee(if she was going to the jubilee I was going to ask her to come to my guitar gig). She said she was going out of town and I basically ended with, "Oh", because I couldn't think of anything else to say. Yeah, you're right, that did suck.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where are you going? might've worked.

MARVEL IQ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have used a ****y and funny statement gets a good laugh makes it easier to continue conversation if thats what you want.

HB: I'm going out of town
Me: Hmm, don't mess me too much now.

this is one of my favorite lines. Sometimes the girls play along and say
"O i'll try but you know how hard that'll be" and we get a good laugh and end on a positive note. Other times, they just smile or laugh.

Love,
Marvel IQ

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
Where are you going? might've worked.
Pretty much.

Or, "Oh yeah, I doubt that would be nearly as much fun as coming to watch me jam on the guitar"

code2009

Banned
Reaction score
Viper said:
Well, at the end of drama today, as we were walking out, I talked to this girl named Hallie, and asked her if she was going to the jubilee(if she was going to the jubilee I was going to ask her to come to my guitar gig). She said she was going out of town and I basically ended with, "Oh", because I couldn't think of anything else to say. Yeah, you're right, that did suck.
I'm proud of you Viper! You finally approached a girl, and no didn't suck in matter of fact you did perfect you know why?Because you will learn from your mistakes so it was an excellent approach viper trust me its a perfect approach.Next time you will learn from your mistakes and have more things to say plus you will be getting more comfortable&confidence!

code2009

Banned
Reaction score
Let me add another statement:Viper that was one of the best approaches ever!I'm f*ckin not jokin cuz u did it with confidence you just approached her without worry about other people or worrying about rejection you did perfect,she didn't even reject you!Its just you didn't know what else to say so viper your now off to a good start so once you fix your mistakes man you going to be a great DJ and soon u can be posting sh*t to the haterz!

j8snx1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:) It all begins with that one step so I say fight on bro!

It takes time, especially with the conversations because it's usually one of the most important foundations to becoming a DJ, or better yet, a better MAN! Convo's dont only apply to women too, it applies to your careers, education, etc etc. Take your time with this, study what you need to find out, and most of all, PRACTICE! No one becomes a suave, talkative person overnight

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty much.

Or, "Oh yeah, I doubt that would be nearly as much fun as coming to watch me jam on the guitar"
Wow, Vincent finally posts something helpful.

code2009 said:
Let me add another statement:Viper that was one of the best approaches ever!I'm f*ckin not jokin cuz u did it with confidence you just approached her without worry about other people or worrying about rejection you did perfect,she didn't even reject you!Its just you didn't know what else to say so viper your now off to a good start so once you fix your mistakes man you going to be a great DJ and soon u can be posting sh*t to the haterz!
Heh, well, it's not like she had the chance to reject me, it's not like I actually asked her anything that she could reject me for. Also, the girl didn't seem to be smiling, which could also be a bad sign(Like she's uncomfortable around me or something). Still, I still suck at pulling things out of the air to talk about, sure I have the jubilee to talk about now, but usually, I can't think of a good topic to talk about with random girls. Still, thanks for the support.

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been learning alot about inner game (before I had skipped alot of inner game and just learnt the outer game which kinda of made me gain inner game in field) and I've realized just talk. One of the best things is learn to vibe its not to hard, (note: this should usually be used in rapport stage or just fluff talk) but ya just basically branch off of everything you talk about. Check this out for example

You:Hey are you going to the jubliee
Her: No i'm going out of town

At this point you can talk about:
- Different towns
- What town she is going too
- Talk about whats going to happen at jubilee
- Who is she going with

In this crappy conversation you could branch off of 4 different things, and maybe even more if you can pick up even more things in those 2 sentences, but the fact is, that you should seem natural.

Its good that you approached though, but what I've found best is to just approach real hard, when you have like a week off or something. Stock up on a week supply of cool cloth and go outside by yourself for the whole week and just practice sarging. (Your game will get so much better) say you go out at like 2pm then just sarge until about 7. By time the weeks over you've done 35 hours of sarging which would be more than most people will ever do in there life time. (I'm hoping to do that for the whole summer)