How can I get over regrets??

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Along with my depression, I developed a fair share of anxiety. One thing I have a lot of anxiety about are my mistakes in the past and me regretting. I mostly have regrets about how I wronged someone when I was 14 years old(I am currently 22). That person and I are not speaking since the event and I believe that is irrepearable and I don't want to talk that person. Whenever I am in a really good mood, I remind myself of this and it just brings me down. I've even considered suicide just to be free. How can I free myself from my worries and regrets from the past?

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Either let it go or talk to them about it. Dont let negative thoughts control your emotional state.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't.
Those things happened or didn't. You can choose to continue dwelling in the past, or get on with your life.

Either way you can't change the past. You cannot change the past.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am seeing a therapist now for about a couple months. I have a lot of anxiety and I stress and feel guilty a lot. Anyways when I was like younger, like 14 or 15 I was really a hornball. (I am 22 years old now)

One time one me and a lot of my cousins were over at my grandmas house, we were playing around downstairs all of us kind of wrestling in a pile and I intentionally grabbed my cousins crotch(who was a girl) for just an instant. I don't even know if she realized it she was like 10 years old at the time.

Anyways I'm feeling really guilty about this, can I discuss this guilt with my therapist and get it off my chest? Will he run to the police if I tell him?

xingcong

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys might consider this a bad advice, most likely. But I am serious actually, and I would swear by this method.

I too, grew up as an AFC, 28 now, and until a few years ago I was an AFC. Worst kind of AFC, with worst kind of personality disorders. I had no life in HS, and only 1 friend in childhood. Hey, even now, my own cousins don't talk to me. Thus, believe me, I know about those regrets, it's as if sometimes I just blame my self. **STUPID** **STUPID** It's negative talk though. And this is how I fixed it.

I smoked ganja religiously. Baby cripie, it's all natural and grows in the wild, and potency wise it is one step away from cripie real hydrophonix ****. Basically two OZs, each OZ lasting about a month, helped me tremendously.

This stuff makes you exposed to your old current and future emotions. Naturally you are protected from those bad memories, but while in ganja, there is no protection from that and you are free to explore and come at peace with all of it. After smoking it, I felt positive, and I felt at peace. After having two month long weed therapy, I was just fine.

And no, weed does not make you dumb and lazy. At least not me. While on ganja I come up with two excellent ideas for online business. I have since implemented those ideas and I am making money from both of them, knock on wood, it's working really well.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bud_2005 said:
I am seeing a therapist now for about a couple months. I have a lot of anxiety and I stress and feel guilty a lot. Anyways when I was like younger, like 14 or 15 I was really a hornball. (I am 22 years old now)

One time one me and a lot of my cousins were over at my grandmas house, we were playing around downstairs all of us kind of wrestling in a pile and I intentionally grabbed my cousins crotch(who was a girl) for just an instant. I don't even know if she realized it she was like 10 years old at the time.

Anyways I'm feeling really guilty about this, can I discuss this guilt with my therapist and get it off my chest? Will he run to the police if I tell him?
As far as I can tell, there is no indication that sexual assault took place. I mean you just accidentally touched her crotch, right? It's not like you grabbed it, ripped off her pants, and slapped her silly in the crotchal region with your backhand....

In all seriousness, I don't think your therapist will run off to the police....remember that there is a patient-doctor confidentiality...PLUS as I said above, you didn't do anything wrong. It was just kids, cousins at that too, playing with each other and doing stupid things. That's all.

How goes the therapy? Seeing any change? Improvement?

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Self forgiveness and self acceptance. Understand you are not perfect.
And that you deserve forgiveness.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Better to regret something you have done, than regret something you haven't done.

Experience teaches harsh, but it teaches best. Clinging to regret rather than pushing past it and learning the tough lessons is the only real failure.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I can't say I accidently did it because I did do it on purpose. It was just for an instant. I realize there is a therapist-patient confidentiality policy but I've also heard he is obligated to call the police under certain circumstances. I REALLY would like to get this off my chest but my life would be ruined if it was reported and I would seriously consider suicide.

I think talking to a therapist is a good deal. I was skeptical at first but it feels good talking to someone about your problems.

I actually started smoking weed about 2 months ago and I love it. Everything feels alright when I used weed. Plus I use a vaporizer so I don't get the bad health effects that come with smoking joints. I hope it gets legalized someday.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have another thing I did in which I am feeling really bad about. When I was 14 years old there was a little girl I knew whom was on the computer. Its really weird talking abou this and is difficult. I was standing behind her watching her on the computer. Without her being aware I pulled out my penis and rubbed it on her hair i guess. I was really horny when I was younger I think I started masturbating when I was 9-10 years old. But now I am feeling extreme guilt over this event and thinking it is the end of the world.

Cry For Love

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bat said:
Read this (every single post by Interceptor in that thread):

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142890
hell read every interceptor post EVER.

like all good self-help books, his stuff really give a vision on what is wrong with us and how to get over it, however often the reading itself is the problem and practical life is the solution, which means that

No post or text or anything else can help you, only your desire to live life to its fullest, so hell you have no point to ever come back to this forum ever, as do anyone else here