How big is social proof in college?

GVdrink

Reaction score
What do you do if you have pretty low social proof in college(small college and reputation is pretty known), yet want get to get girls? I'll get girls looking at me sometimes, but I don't know if I even want to approach them because of my reputation. Whether they already know or find out after I talk to them.

shiguldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try taking classes at a local college or try to participate in other college's events.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GVdrink said:
I'll get girls looking at me sometimes, but I don't know if I even want to approach them because of my reputation.

Are you a criminal ?

GVdrink

Reaction score
nismo-4 said:
R.U. Ugly? R.U.A. Rapist?
No no no lol nothing like that. Like I said I get girls looking at me sometimes. When I mean low social proof I mean being known as not having alot of friends(I have a few that I chill with sometimes not a huge # like most and being known as being quiet, even though I'm not around different people, just a perception other people have.

ChocolateVanilla

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Social proof is magic". It's a quote I read from somewhere on these boards and I think it's true. So it's big everywhere. A girl's friends are much less likely to ****block you too at parties/etc... if you have a lot of social proof IMO.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
GVdrink said:
No no no lol nothing like that. Like I said I get girls looking at me sometimes. When I mean low social proof I mean being known as not having alot of friends(I have a few that I chill with sometimes not a huge # like most and being known as being quiet, even though I'm not around different people, just a perception other people have.
We're very thankful for that. But social proof is always a good thing. It CAN and most times, IS the make or break factor. Build that sh*t up, bro!

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GVdrink said:
What do you do if you have pretty low social proof in college(small college and reputation is pretty known), yet want get to get girls? I'll get girls looking at me sometimes, but I don't know if I even want to approach them because of my reputation. Whether they already know or find out after I talk to them.
you are a pu$$y.

Social proof is just a term made up by AFCs to gain false inner confidence.

Real men don't need social proof. All they need is balls.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rocco said:
90% of game is social proof,
according to who?

Some gay furry hat magic clown?

If you behave like a man you will automatically have social proof. People like to suck value from people of higher value.

moto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
rocco said:
90% of game is social proof,
I don't agree with your calculations. I still think CONFIDENCE is number 1.

DJ1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in college and I can tell you that social proof is as important in college as it was in high school and in high school social proof was one of the most important things I don't believe 90% of the game is social proof but it certainly is an important factor and it can and will get you laid...go figure....

Absinthe11

Reaction score
Social proof is big ANYWHERE at ANY stage of your life. Whether your 10 or 80, if you have a lot of friends and your name is known, you will capture the attention of more women.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
you are a pu$$y.

Social proof is just a term made up by AFCs to gain false inner confidence.

Real men don't need social proof. All they need is balls.
social proof is a marketing technique used to get people to buy sh!t. when they stick a celebrity in a commerical, that's social proof. go read "Influence" by Cialdini

far has to cultivate it, just make friends and be totally cool with everyone. if you wanna see the benefits of social proof when it comes to macking, make friends with a hot girl, make it totally platonic, go hang out with her, and see how many curious looks you get from other girls. it's that simple

zidane

Don Juan
Reaction score
Social proof

Sicial proof is def. a bonus but it is not very necessary. All you have to do is have some good DHV stories that you have what it takes to be a man. A man with two ball of Titanium and Plutonium. LoL!!!!!!!

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're in a dorm especially, social proof is great. And not that hard to get... Just step outside your room and say hi to some people.

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
social proof is EVERYTHING in college.
when i was a freshman i wasn't the richest guy, i would even say my financial resources were well below average (and there were some pretty loaded pple at my school), i wasn't super attractive (good-looking face but no muscles and very bad posture), i was quiet and shy around girls, and i didn't have many friends. Actually i lived in a dorm complex of 3000+ and i barely knew 30 kids, having 5-6 close friends. Some pple viewed me as a nerd >>>> i had really low social proof.

By the end of my senior year i had hooked up wit 2 of the hottest girls in my grad (one of them i was in an LTR wit), my parties were packed wit HBs and i could get any girl i wanted. What changed? my social proof went through the roof. I mainly achieved this by socializing and gaining a lot of self confidence. it was when i stopped trying to make friends wit just anybody to gain some status and i became self-sufficient that suddenly everyone wanted to be my friend.

The point of my story was don't loose courage. keep developping yourself as an individual and once you reach a certain level of self-reliance, other like-minded individuals will gravitate towards you.

I went from jock with no girls to cool guys with hot girls and so can you!