how are you aging?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will be 29 years old in less than 2 months. I know I am still quite young but I'm older than i was 10 years ago. I don't know if it's genetics or that i work out everyday or my ehteiticy or whatever the case but i still look very much like a child. I have always had what you call a baby face, not really rugged, somewhat roundish with small facial features, small eyes, small lips. but i still get carded often.; more than once one of my wife's friends would ask her why she has robbed the cradle and she wiill be like um.. he's like 28 years old and they would be like are you freaking serious he looks like he is in high school. I don't like facial hair so usually i have no mustashe or beard so that played into it but even when i grow out my gotee i still look quite young.

my dad and mom for that instance both aged quite gracefully. people still think my mother is my sister or Girlfriend and my dad doesn't look anywhere near his age of 52. neither have one gray hair in their heads. especially my dad's side of the family they all aged well, my grandad died with a full set of black hair at 66.

so at the age of 28 almost 29 i kept my boyish good looks while accumulating experience, wealth and a basic understanding of the opposite sex. that's not a bad trade off lol.

i look at some of my ex's and i already can see it. like kat the girl that brought me here, while she is still very pretty she's not ass licking hot like she was 10 years ago and she's starting to look like her mother who is pretty considering but still she's in her 50's. my wife doesn't look a day over 26 but her mom is a milf if there ever was one lol and she works her ass off to look like she does and doesn't eat a lot of junk.

so how are you guys aging? do you look as good or better than you did 10 years ago?

edit: something else that i find interesting, or better stated my wife finds intresting, is it's almost unreal at how i don't get sick. i have been to a hospital all of 3 times my entire life, once i was hit in the face with a baseball bat and the other i had a horrible case of acid reflux, once when i got mugged i went to the emergency room and got stiched up, i had a broken rib and a broken left hand and the only reason they kept me there that time was because i had insurance lol, all i needed was some very strong acid reflux pills. I just do not get sick or if i do i dont stay sick. there was a very bad bug going around here a few weeks ago, my wife caught it, was sneezing and coughing up mucus (not sexy i know) and her chest was hurting, she was sick for about a week. lucky our son did not catch it. however i caught it the sunday before last and was in bed all day. monday morning i was 100% fine.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's the typical American job that makes us age so horribly. Getting up too early without enough sleep so that you can sit on your ass at a desk all day is a recipe for an early death. I just read recent research about how periods of inactivity destroy cells, even in people who go to the gym after work and exercise. Hunter-gatherers didn't sit on their butt all day, or hardly at all, and we are just not built to occupy an office chair all day long every day.

Von_S

Don Juan
Reaction score
C'mon BB you know Black don't crack!

I'm doing my best to stay fit, I have a good genetic hand but a desk job so I'm not fat but not in the best of shape. The last few weeks I've been eating better, working out more and doing what I can to set the stage for a long term healthy lifestyle. As far as my actual face I still look pretty young basically the same as 10 years ago, I don't drink much and don't smoke; from what I've heard those are the two things that will age you. I always get compliments on my smile so if I can back that up with a good physique and positive demeanor I think my "youth" will extend far into adulthood

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't stop working out. I really think that's they key. I've been running since I was 13ish up til now, 37 and when I'm running a lot or lifting or a combination of both I always get told that someone thought I was in my late 20s. From guys even that have nothing to gain by lying. I do have some sun damage though from working years outdoors in construction but have maintained a slimmer physique/cut and mentally I have always been a dreamer, which I think helps me stay young.

It might be something as simple as keeping off weight too. One time I had a 20 something tell me I just assumed you were younger than 30 cuz you aren't all fat and bloated.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's see, my body looks pretty good for my age, above average I'd say, but I have a fusion in my neck, shoulder bursitis, and lower back issues... So beauty is the eye of the beholder, but the pain is all mine!!

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny...

All my life I've had oily skin that is prone to acne. It sucks.

But...I also have very fair skin, the kind of skin that gets sun damaged easily. Everywhere but my face that is. Apparently the oily mess that coats my skin saves it from sun damage.

So I'm 30 but I can easily pass for my early 20s.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rotfl okay usually i mean all of you know this ****, like, on the forum here whatever the subject is about if you look at the top banner the banner usuallky has somethign to do with the thread topic or something you have searched recently. sometimes i find those amusing. rihgt now i'm looking at this old ass genatrcis banner with this old man shirtless posing and ****.

easun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Longevity is my career. So I'm doing pretty well.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
so how are you guys aging? do you look as good or better than you did 10 years ago?
I think I look better. I mean, I can't get that youthful look back, but physically I'm in better shape than I was 10 years ago. I still have my hair, and none of it is gray.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear BSquared,
An interesting and timely post...Whilst a lot of it comes back to the Chicken or the Egg controversy...My observation is that Horny Men make Old bones,unless Someones Husband barrels 'em with a 12 Guage (Tee-Hee)....I believe regular Svex fools the body into thinking it is younger...

Fast food is part of the Western Worlds problem...I nearly had to put my Old dog down 18 months ago,generalised debility,heart,Liver and bowel problems...So I put her on a strict exercise and dietary regime...In Summer she swims,every day she walks fourty minutes...She eats same as me...one third each,Veggies,Rolled Oats and Meat,with a generous leavening of dark green vegetables...The difference in the Old Pooch is Freakin Amazing,years younger,her pelt is like seals,she frolics around like a puppy,hoes into her Tucker....
Bible Belts article on the aging effect of sitting around,sounds interesting,could you please give us a few key words to find it on Google?

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everybody thinks they look younger than they are because they can't see the small changes that build up over years. Post a pic and we'll judge. Under fluorescent lighting.

You start to age rapidly in your early 30s and even faster in your late 30s. I can't imagine how the ageing process revs up in your 40s, I bet it's pretty extreme.

Injuries don't heal as fast, it's harder to drink and wake up early, eyes start going bad, you get clumsier and your reflexes start to wither, your skin and digestive tracts are more prone to infection, you are not as mentally sharp, etc. etc.

Ageing is just slow death, remember.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Everybody thinks they look younger than they are because they can't see the small changes that build up over years. Post a pic and we'll judge. Under fluorescent lighting.

You start to age rapidly in your early 30s and even faster in your late 30s. I can't imagine how the ageing process revs up in your 40s, I bet it's pretty extreme.

Injuries don't heal as fast, it's harder to drink and wake up early, eyes start going bad, you get clumsier and your reflexes start to wither, your skin and digestive tracts are more prone to infection, you are not as mentally sharp, etc. etc.

Ageing is just slow death, remember.
ZARKY!! You just ruined my night with that $hit,,, thanks pal!! Aging sucks and I do not like it all!! BUT....seems my game is stronger and I have a higher percentage of women I am having success with. Mid twenties to upper forties seems norm these days. I even have 60 year old women wanting to ride "space mountain"

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Aging is just slow death, remember.
You're right, but on the other hand, Randy Couture was a UFC contender into his late 40's. He will turn 49 this year, and I'm guessing he can still kick all of our asses. You can fight off the slow death for a long time.

easun

Don Juan
Reaction score
If everybody just donated to SENS, then we wouldn't have to worry about the aging problem anymore.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My best time was around 25: quite a good body, lots of energy and T, fully matured but still youthful.
I am 33 now. Still ok looks-wise, but I can't process much alcohol anymore and if I don't do any exercise for a single week, I feel like ****.
Definitly will start working out again as soon as my current project, that eats all spare time, is done.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm very fortunate in that at age 54 people routinely guess me to be mid-30s. That's why I can't possibly date anyone my own age. It looks and feels like I'm walking around with my grandma.

I feel more aches and pains when getting out of bed, though, and if I'm not careful I can get a pot belly although so far it's easy to get rid of. My body still responds quite well to lifting weights, although unfortunately I keep starting and stopping. When I lift, my body responds immediately and the results are very noticable after 3 days. Then I plateau after a few weeks and tend to ease off, much to my discredit.

It seems to me that back when I was a kid, when someone hit 40 they were considered elderly (not just to a child, but by society's standards). Nowadays we can retain our youth for much longer, although the reasons why escape me. More chemicals, more fatty foods, more sugar, and yet people stay younger longer. Perhaps all those preservatives have built up inside us!

I think that growing older is mostly a fight to retain energy. It's odd how when I'm on a demanding physical task, I'm the last one standing every time. I watch the younger ones all round me drop one by one, and I wonder where their evergy and drive went. Once the task is completed, I then crash for the next few days until my reserves are replenished. Come to think of it, I've always been that way, though. Sort of like a cat, capable of enormous burst of power and energy, followed by the need to sleep and replenish.

The bottom line is that I think genetics has a lot to do with age acceleration, but by taking moderate steps we can do a lot to slow it down.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. I really think medical science is going to turn back the clock for a lot of people. While the population as a whole is becoming more and more unhealthy, those who do look after themselves seem to be able to keep it for longer, this is something I am seeing around me a lot.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man, this thread hit's the nail on the head. I'm in my mid 50's, and like Atom, I have aches and pains when I get up in the AM. Currently, I'm scheduling surgery for a torn biceps tendon which was caused by lifting at the gym. I already had bilateral inguinal surgery from lifting as well. So much for trying huh? Despite all of that sh!t, I remain slim being 5'11" and 160lbs. I have no gut. Still get down with the wife probably 7 times a week on average so take note you younger fellers, there is still alot of action to be had when you get older.

Bible is right, a desk job can bring you down if you don't manage yourself.

And bacbreaker, you're still a puppy and have alot of gas in the tank. Don't waste it brother.

The weird thing about age is that it's there before you know it and you wonder where all the time went. Make sure you have no regrets.

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel younger now than before, since I've developed myself into a gym rate during the second half of my 20s (2005). I've been living healthier now than I ever did during my high school and college days.

Only downside is that, thanks to genetics, traditional signs of aging have manifested themselves, specifically in the form of gray hairs (and a lot of them!). I've contemplated having this issue resolved by applying Just For Men hair color (and a few girls even recommended it), but in the end, I am what I am and I don't want to get on a slippery slope of having to continuously mask my physical deficiencies.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suppose I should answer this, since I'm one of the resident "oldies". I agree with Atom: "Growing older is mostly a fight to retain energy". That rings more true with me than anything. Work drains me. As a young man, I used to want to go party after work, now I just want to chill. It seems like the things that get cut out are the fun things, unfortunately. I have to work, do chores, and maintain the house. I have a plan to retire early though, so I'm hoping that will help.

I don't currently have any aches and pains luckily, but I've been through quite a few. I've had to modify or even take breaks from my workout routines becuase of joint pain. I had on and off elbow pain for about two years before I finally just decided to give it complete rest for awhile, and that took care of it. So yeah, aging = aches and pains and a drop in energy.

Looks wise, I'm in pretty decent shape. I have a youthful face. I'm fortunate enough not to have any health problems. Hey, at my age I'm fortunate I'm not dead. The main thing that ages me is the gray hair.

I know a guy who dyes his hair, really it looks awful. It looks so fake. I thought my natural gray hair looks so much better than his dyed hair. I've known some guys with good dye jobs though. One was asian and he dyed his hair black (looked natural on him - but wouldn't on a white guy). Another guy had very light hair - kind of reddish blonde. Not sure how mine would look. It's okay for a girl to have fake looking hair, because half the time their hair looks fake anyway. It's just like wearing makeup, you expect it.

Girls don't seem to mind the gray though. It's hard to imagine as a guy, but women have different feelings about it. Men are drawn mainly to signs of youth. A girl recently ran her fingers through my hair and said "Oh, you have such pretty gray hair". It's kind of like four different shades of gray. I'd like to see how I'd look with darker hair again (it's been a long time), but I know for sure I don't want to look fake.