How an alpha should be

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
faeyt said:
Yeah. At first it seems like he's 100% alpha, dominating her, literally telling her what to do. He tells her to get on the floor and look for his shoes on her hands and knees. She says it's right there, and he says to do it anyway. I was so taken aback by this, but by the end, when she says she has to leave, he actually cries and begs her to stay.

I'm not saying alpha's can't cry, it's as was said before, I'm not trying to fit alpha into a defined box. But he was just dominating her because she told him she "needs him and nothing else will do", but when he met with her she was mentioning her husband. As much as I idolize him, he's weak and he just doesn't want to be alone.

I have never seen Mad Man, but there is nothing alpha about shaming someone...man or woman....just for the sake of shaming them. That is weak behavior in general and shows no character. Probably pretty accurate that such a person would cry over something as a FB leaving him. And it's one thing to cheat on a GF...but IMO a man who actively cheats on his wife is not a real man...or at least not one worthy of looking up to.

CostaDeSol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hydrak said:
I was watching Mad Men the other day and noticed how the leading character Don, who is an obvious alpha male
Hydrak you are WRONG.

backbreaker said:
Don draper is a ****ing ad exec that sits in his office and drinks all day lol. there is no greater good he's just a ****ty person. don is unhappy beucase he choses to be unhappy not beucase he's working towards some great goal in life.

as stated there is nothing alpha about don draper. don draper is the 1960's equivalent of a pua
backbreaker is RIGHT.

in my opinion, being alpha boils down to two things:

1. Are you a leader?

2. What kind of a leader are you?

number 1 is easy to define. number 2 is much more complicated, because it has to do with what kind of group you are leading, and what type of work is that group doing. (is it a family, community, company, government, school, club, etc.)