How about a careers forum?

BootsOfEscaping

Don Juan
Reaction score
A solid career is a very important part of every DJ's life, why not a forum to discuss these issues?? Myself, I am looking into ways to make big money. I am thinking real estate...

Aycee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Would be good, especially if you could combine this with the thoughts of a Financial forum; to give something like "Careers and Finance"?

However, same issue; do we have enough people with knowledge to offer any advice, or would this be "I want to be an [insert job]" topics, with replies little more helpful than "Good luck" or "Yea, my friend's, cousin's, gerbil previous owner did that at such and such an educational institution" ?

It's an area we obviously lack a forum in, and I accept it's gap; i'm just unsure whether it's a gap we could all do a good job of filling given the forum.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
There should be a Financial/Career/Education section. Here is why...

Those who have passed through this site and found the most success and wisdom embraced one important theory in common. That theory is that the key to success with women is to self-improvement and striving for success in life as a whole. Being successful with members of the opposite sex has, is and will continue to be a natural by-product of building a successful life as a whole.

To feel like a complete man, males have to feel capable in 3 distinct areas. They must be confident in their ability to Procreate, Provide and Protect. Only two of those areas are covered here...Procreate and Protect (Fitness forum covers Protect). There really SHOULD be a section devoted to covering "Provide". Men should be working on developing not only the "Procreate" issues, but also the other two because when a man feels confident and secure from improving in all 3 areas everything tends to fall into place and they improve how appealing they are to women because women naturally seek out men who can father children, provide for a family and protect them from harm. The only way to be the "whole package" is to work on all these areas simultaneously.

BootsOfEscaping

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys hit the nail on the head. A Careers/Financial Issues forum is EXACTLY what would be perfect. I look at like this- anyone familiar with Tony Robbins knows the differant parts to being a whole person, one of which is career which also encompases finance/investing etc. Without a solid financial base you cannot really be the confident man you should be. I should know, I am broke right now! ha.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
There should be a Financial/Career/Education section. Here is why...

Those who have passed through this site and found the most success and wisdom embraced one important theory in common. That theory is that the key to success with women is to self-improvement and striving for success in life as a whole. Being successful with members of the opposite sex has, is and will continue to be a natural by-product.
Yes. And for some STRANGE reason, once the people you are talking about got serious about the topics of Financial/Career/Education they found very little time to read and post on this forum. SHOCKING!!! LOL!

Seriously though...The problem with a forum like what you are talking about is that the posting undermines the doing, and therefore the quality of what is posted by those who ARE posting is suspect. I can tell you from experience that it's not that hard to be getting laid and still find time to post a lot of useful information about getting laid. But when it comes to getting your whole life firing on all cylinders, it's almost impossible to find time to post much. Not only because of lack of time, but ultimately lack of interest as well.

-PDX

Devestator

Don Juan
Reaction score
People who have accumulated enough passive income would have the time to post. Not all rich guys are workaholics! And a lot of them are interested in helping novices become rich.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Devestator
People who have accumulated enough passive income would have the time to post.
By the time I own that much in the way of income-producing assets, I think snorting coke off of some supermodel's boobs would be a slightly more attractive diversion than posting here. No offense, dudes.

Originally posted by Devestator
Not all rich guys are workaholics! And a lot of them are interested in helping novices become rich.
Agreed, not all rich guys are workaholics. But just because they are NOT workaholics does not mean they are going to post here. And just because they are interested in helping others doesn't mean they are going to post here either. I think a lot of the kind of people you might be talking about would rather write books that nobody reads rather than write sosuave posts nobody reads.

-PDX

cinephile

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent Idea

This would be an excellent place for those intrested in networking with other likeminded DJ's. The bigest obstacle for most people starting their career is getting quality guidance. I know the bad advice I got from my parent set me back 10 years financially as well as sexually.