Hot shower vs Cold shower

Leeds_Lad_Dom

Don Juan
Reaction score
I play rugby for my school, and just wondered if i have a cold shower will it have any benefit to my muscles? I'm asking this because occasionally i get cramp in my calves.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
take a contrast shower----cold as it will go for two minutes then as hot as you can stand for two minutes. repeat 3-4 times.

Leeds_Lad_Dom

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll try that, should be fun :)

CuriousGirl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold bath!
Whenever my dad does hard training or has been playing lots of football he has a cold bath. One of my friends does a lot of running and he has an ice cold bath after. When my muscles ache from the gym or something my dad always tells me to have a cold bath. (Although I never do it, I go and have a hot bath with scented candles and relaxing music - bliss!)

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot bath is super relaxing but cold really gets the circulation going.

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alternating between cold and hot can be very relaxing, especially from cold to hot.

Cry For Love

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
take a contrast shower----cold as it will go for two minutes then as hot as you can stand for two minutes. repeat 3-4 times.
this is pvssy mode.

there is no doubt - cold shower is best shower. and by cold i mean fokin freezing. the only reason people use non-cold shower is because their balls are small

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing like jumping in a cold tub or ice cold water. Supposedly, there are a lot of health benefits to taking showers/baths in cold water.

Leeds_Lad_Dom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice guys, i'll take it into account for all my future washes lol

Boxer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cry For Love said:
this is pvssy mode.

there is no doubt - cold shower is best shower. and by cold i mean fokin freezing. the only reason people use non-cold shower is because their balls are small
Says the one's whos ball sack and penis will be all shriveled up to the size of a 4 year old's because they are taking a cold shower.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EA Gold said:
Alternating between cold and hot can be very relaxing, especially from cold to hot.

I have LBP, lower back pain from lifting and it has killed my progress because I have to stop all exercise!!! I tried this contrast shower last night and the cold water is brutal!!! Once the hot comes in it makes the whole thing worth it!!!

My respect goes out for a Navy Seal because that cold water is no joke!!!!!!!!

At first, it almost takes your breathe away because your body does not how to respond.

I am going to continue trying this as a test of will!!! It is a unique experience, that is for sure.

The Proof

Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer the 007 shower (ice cold the whole time). Keeps you alert and wakes you up in the morning, help produce testosterone, and builds immunity.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Proof said:
I prefer the 007 shower (ice cold the whole time). Keeps you alert and wakes you up in the morning, help produce testosterone, and builds immunity.
LOL really, doctor? I dont know about the testosterone and immunity thing but it sure as hell wakes you up.

The basis behind the contrast bath/shower is that the cold causes vasoconstriction and has an anesthetic effect, while the heat causes vasodilation. This shunting effect of alternating vasoconstriction/vasodilation is thought to remove inflammatory metabolites and thus promote faster healing. The thermal component provides pain relief.

I swear by the contrast method and so do a lot of athletes. It has nothing to do with being a pvss, it is just more effective. Of course, ice baths can work wonders on their own as well.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So..... where does the golden shower fit in and what benefits does it provide? I am just asking....:crackup:

On a more serious note and something I am more down with. The contrast shower is getting easier to do and I look forward to it. It is a lot easier to start with lukewarm H2O then cold. I can tolerate that much better then starting cold from go.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kevinjones said:
The Spartans, hard-asses that they were, felt hot water was for the weak and unmanly.
The Spartans thought a lot of stupid sh1t. Thankfully, this wiped them from the existence.