Home Remedies to fight pimples

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty awesome list I found, with the really wierd remedies, but I guess it doesnt hurt to try them

1.The most basic form of pimple prevention is hygiene and preventive skin care. Regular washing of the affected areas with mild soap is a must.The soap need not necessarily contain any chemicals designed to prevent pimples .However, face washing should not be overdone or the skin will become dehydrated .

2.Care should be taken on makeup,moisturizers and other skin care products.If these products are oil based,it would just make the problem worse. Use water based products instead.

3.Generally we rub, press or squeeze our pimples.Don’t when we do this,we risk spreading the bacteria to other areas.

4.Lemon juice diluted in water can be applied externally because of its antiseptic
quality.

5.Tea Tree oil can also be applied directly to infected pores.

6.Vitamin A tablets are also a natural and effective cure. Vitamin A promotes healthy skin.

7.Before bathing, apply a mixture of fresh tomato pulp, honey and rose-water to your face and keep for twenty minutes before washing off.

8.Juice of raw papaya is the best treatment for pimples.Apply fresh juice of raw papaya on pimples and get a good result.

9.Directly rub potato slices all over the face, helps to get rid of blemishes and
pimple scar.

10.Drink plenty of water and vegetable or fruit juices.

11.Use cucumber or other fruit and vegetable packs to cure pimple scars.

12.Maintain a diet that is rich in cottage cheese, salads, fresh juices, fish and
yogurt.These help to cleanse your system and ward off pimples.

13.Another overnight home remedy for pimples is to put a dab of toothpaste on it to help dry it out. Calamine lotion also will have the same drying effect.

14.Pound orange peel with water and apply to affected areas.

15.Another useful remedy for pimples is zinc. Which can be taken in a dose of 50 mg daily for a month and then reduce the dose.

16.You can clean your skin with apple cider vinegar as an overnight home pimple remedy.

17.Aspirin contains Beta hydroxy acid which is a powerful defoliant ,so you can crush 1to 2 Aspirin tablets mix with a little water and apply on pimples for 15 minutes and wash.

Finally,certain medications may temporarily alter the hormonal changes prevalent during adolescence and cause pimple outbreaks. If this is the case, a simple adjustment in medication may be all that is required.
Not bad :up:

Heres some more general skin care treatments

# Remedy for oily skin: make a homemade mask by combining one egg white and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply mask and rinse with warm water after 20 minutes

# For softer skin, steam your face over boiling water (drape a towel over head to hold in steam); remove dead skin with a loofah, drink lots of water

# To rid blackheads, mix cornstarch with vinegar, plaster on the area for 15-30 minutes; wash off with washcloth and warm water.

# Put cold, cooked oatmeal on your face, it can help give you nicer skin (submitted by laura)

# Run out of shaving cream to shave your legs? Use hair conditioner. It makes legs nice and smooth too.

# Also try your favorite body wash

# To get rid of that fake tan from the tanning bottle that you may have messed up: 1/4 cup of lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar, loofah and scrub. (You may have heard that on "The Wedding Planner.")

# To help skin glow, place hot towels on skin for 10 minutes, then splash face with cold water 10 times

# To help dry out your acne without drying out your face, put a thin layer of Phillips Milk of Magnesia over your face. It works great (submitted by visitor).

# rub cucumber peel (wet side up) on your face and leave on overnight to cure acne(submitted by visitor)

# (visitor recommendation) ~ For the smoothest skin ever... trust me I have psoriasis and it is nearly impossible to find a moisturizer that works... after a shower or bath spread vaseline over your entire body (or wherever you wish) , it's a very greasy feeling but be patient. let it soak into your skin for about an hour or more if u can handle it, while sitting on a towel. this works so well that you only need to do it once or twice a month

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got some silly things to try there.
I still have acne and I'm nearly 20.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could try just buying a gel with benzoyl peroxide, its 1 minute to apply a day and it will solve most problems.

dadmonson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce said:
You could try just buying a gel with benzoyl peroxide, its 1 minute to apply a day and it will solve most problems.
Yeah but your skin gets depended on it. In my experience when you stop using it, it will come back even worse.

Rampage1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
then just keep using it until you finish puberty

dadmonson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that puberty thing is a myth, I'm 19 and still get acne.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just posting this for those who are still under the age of 19, always do your research (either the web from a credible resource or consult with your doctor) before taking tips from a forum/message board! Some of these tips aren't really recommended.

And for those of you considering to take those "Vitamin A" tablets or supplements, you should try saving your money and consider getting the natural forms of vitamins (yes, food) which is good for your skin (Vitamin C + E + A). As long as you eat properly (foods that contain those vitamins) + take a multivitamin pill for other minerals/vitamins + shower daily + use a high quality oil free facewash daily, you should have much better skin within 3-4 weeks. The rest is BS.

Axcell.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have pimples, but I have red blemishes, like marks come up.

Most of these are for pimples.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrS said:
I don't have pimples, but I have red blemishes, like marks come up.

Most of these are for pimples.
See a dermatologist. Some people keep this sh!t into their 40's

Rampage1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dadmonson said:
I think that puberty thing is a myth, I'm 19 and still get acne.
lets just say, I don't know to many 30 yr olds walking around with a pizza face

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rampage1 said:
lets just say, I don't know to many 30 yr olds walking around with a pizza face
I still get it and I'm 21, way past puberty. There are plenty of 30 to 40 year olds with the problem on acne forums and I do know a few 30yo's with it.

Not all acne is hormonal, but most is.

Caferacer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Acne on the back: Dawn dish soap.

kid you not. Worked for me. Only problem was smelling like apple blossom after showering.

Ingeniarius

Don Juan
Reaction score
My recomendation is:

Shaving with a badger brush and real shaving soap. It gives a skin peeling every time you do it (getting rid of all dead skin cells, oils and the like) and also physically removes the top, dirty part of your face skin. I shave every 2-3 days only because the shave is so close.

Important: Moisten your skin with a hot towel before applying soap, or do it after showering. Don't buy the goo they sell at the supermarket for shaving soap, buy the real stuff at a cosmetics store. Mine costs about 8 bucks and lasts 2 months.

Also you can use your razor longer because it doesn't wear down as much.

sunlight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Asking out of curiosity has any bought and used Zeno device to get rid of pimples? Would be interesting to hear does it really work. I don't myself have anymore any need for such thing, but would have probably tried it few years ago.

their website http://www.myzeno.com/

Snakk3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce said:
this was my solution (and hygiene of course). im not "pimple free" but i can say that it appears 80% less pimples in my face since i start using it :)

TheBandito

Don Juan
Reaction score
19 year old with the classic bacne and some face breakouts. I did the master cleanse and my girls said my back had really cleared up. If fasting isn't your thing, then take stand back and look at what you eat. You might just want to cut some of that crap out and in a few months you WILL see a difference. Also of note, if you are lifting and using supplements or just using supplements then you may just be reacting to those.