Hmm........getting even and not letting them know about it?

BornWinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just wondering here, I read some tips over the internet and I come across articles which talked about getting even against those who have done you wrong.

I understand that, but the question now is whether we should let our enemies know that we are the ones who are exacting revenge towards them.

If you let them know, they will make sure you pay for the price for what you have caused them.

But if you do something discreetly behind them, they might probably think that you're unable to get even with them since you didn't let them know it's you who did it and might probably think you are useless. Hmm.....

So the question now is, to let them know or not let them know??

bsmooth

Reaction score
RE:

ignoring your enemy is much more effective than letting them know you are getting revenge on them.

" I know longer mind because you no longer matter..."

Alonso

Don Juan
Reaction score
Plenty of people here will tell you that revenge is a futile quest (and I don't disagree with them).

But if you're hell-bent on it -- there is something to be said, from mythology and otherwise, for the concept of Nemesis. I.e., there can still be some satisfaction in having your foe suffer even when he doesn't know why he's suffering. The hope would be that the suffering would make him reflect on his ways and (even if he didn't know it was you, as opposed to the random fates, that was persecuting him), he would come to regret his bad behavior (including toward you) that screwed up his karma and led to his present suffering.

I predict though that no matter how you play it your revenge isn't going to be near as satisfying as you'd hope (and might even get you in trouble). What, specifically, are you planning to do?

DJnomore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Revenge

The best revenge is to live well.

If you can't manage that you won't be able to manage any other form of revenge either....

BornWinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
It looks like some of you didn't understand my question

My question is very simple and you dont have to answer anything else

The question is this : To let them know you're getting even on them or don't let them know.? That's all!

I was just wondering why some of you divert the topic and discuss whether getting even should be done or not. Hmm.......

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Re: It looks like some of you didn't understand my question

Originally posted by BornWinner
My question is very simple and you dont have to answer anything else

The question is this : To let them know you're getting even on them or don't let them know.? That's all!

I was just wondering why some of you divert the topic and discuss whether getting even should be done or not. Hmm.......
We're diverting the topic because it's stupid and childish, and stupid and childish things have no place on DJ Discussion.

If you must exact revenge on someone, assuming it's for something significant and not just "This guy STOLE my girlfriend (you weren't man enough to keep her)" or "This b!tch led me on (again, you just weren't man enough)", then YES, you let him know you're doing it. And you do it to his FACE. Otherwise, you're a pu$$y in addition to a moron.

Women exact revenge behind people's back.

BornWinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people just don't know what is self respect

Originally posted by squirrels
We're diverting the topic because it's stupid and childish, and stupid and childish things have no place on DJ Discussion.

If you must exact revenge on someone, assuming it's for something significant and not just "This guy STOLE my girlfriend (you weren't man enough to keep her)" or "This b!tch led me on (again, you just weren't man enough)", then YES, you let him know you're doing it. And you do it to his FACE. Otherwise, you're a pu$$y in addition to a moron.

Women exact revenge behind people's back.
Anyone who has integrity and is man enough knows, that getting even is the best way to solve thing. On top of that, swallowing what others have done wrong to you is stupid and childish, stupid and childish and have no place on DJ discussion. :rolleyes:

Only a person who is a moron believed that getting even is *****. And by the way, women learn it from men to exact revenge behind people's back :D Perhaps some of you here need to learn more about life before trying to give advice or criticize others.

Alonso

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alonso
Plenty of people here will tell you that revenge is a futile quest (and I don't disagree with them).

But if you're hell-bent on it -- there is something to be said, from mythology and otherwise, for the concept of Nemesis. I.e., there can still be some satisfaction in having your foe suffer even when he doesn't know why he's suffering. The hope would be that the suffering would make him reflect on his ways and (even if he didn't know it was you, as opposed to the random fates, that was persecuting him), he would come to regret his bad behavior (including toward you) that screwed up his karma and led to his present suffering.

I predict though that no matter how you play it your revenge isn't going to be near as satisfying as you'd hope (and might even get you in trouble). What, specifically, are you planning to do?
Bud, I at least answered your question (in tandem with disapproving of your overall approach). My answer was that any revenge (if you take the risk of seeking it) should be impersonal. No one else has told you different (admittedly, because they've been belittling your revenge quest as childish -- I predicted that).

If you're bent on revenge, go the Greek way (um, just as to revenge, not as to other Greek practices), become an anonymous Nemesis, see what happens, and report back. You still haven't let us know who you're wreaking vengeance on, or how, or we could give you better advice.

At a minimum, don't commit any obvious violations of law.

That what you're looking for?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Some people just don't know what is self respect

Anyone who has integrity and is man enough knows, that getting even is the best way to solve thing. On top of that, swallowing what others have done wrong to you is stupid and childish, stupid and childish and have no place on DJ discussion. :rolleyes:

Only a person who is a moron believed that getting even is *****. And by the way, women learn it from men to exact revenge behind people's back :D Perhaps some of you here need to learn more about life before trying to give advice or criticize others.
There are very few things that justify personal vengeance. Why don't you tell us what wrong was done to you that's so severe as to mandate personal vengeance. This isn't a criticism, yet. I just really want to know what it is that you want to exact vengeance for.

And why you have to act behind their back, rather than let them KNOW that you're even. That's the whole point behind revenge, isn't it? To let the other person KNOW that you're even?

Reaction score
Sqiuirrels he is referring to his latest thread on "my girfriends bros are going to beat me up if i leave my g/f"

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
Sqiuirrels he is referring to his latest thread on "my girfriends bros are going to beat me up if i leave my g/f"
File a restraining order, see if you can get a CCW permit. That'll change things real quick.

I can't find the thread. But either way, if you're going to "get even" with someone after the fact, then you want them to KNOW it's you. What good is getting even if they think it's just some random punk? There's no dignity in that.

Learn to defend yourself, one way or another. Best not to get even, but to drop them when they come for you. By all means necessary.

BTW, how old are you? And why are your girlfriend's brothers going to beat you up if you break up with her?

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy is a total troll, I suggest you put him on ignore. I think he's yet another incarnation of IntermediateDonJuaner, posting on revenge to 'analyze' people's reactions. A very warped little world.

Revenge is pretty much the only thing he ever posts about, and it's always the same old same old.

BornWinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who is IntermediateDonJuaner

Originally posted by bp1974
This guy is a total troll, I suggest you put him on ignore. I think he's yet another incarnation of IntermediateDonJuaner, posting on revenge to 'analyze' people's reactions. A very warped little world.

Revenge is pretty much the only thing he ever posts about, and it's always the same old same old.
IntermediateDonJuaner???? Who is that?? Is IntermediateDonJuaner a person who has the same beliefs as I do?? Man, I really need to talk to IntermediateDonJuaner if I have a chance

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Who is IntermediateDonJuaner

IntermediateDonJuaner???? Who is that?? Is IntermediateDonJuaner a person who has the same beliefs as I do?? Man, I really need to talk to IntermediateDonJuaner if I have a chance
Could you possibly make it any more obvious that you're trying to play off that connection?

LOL

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo, focusing on the bad things that happened in past with spite is not healthy. I don't know if your relgious or not, but learn to forgive people, if only in your mind. Understand why they did, and if it was with malice in their heart, well they're not as happy and content a person as you are...

Take solice in being the better man, living a good life, no reason to keep bottled emotion raging inside of you to the point where you would want revenge.

I had two buddies in Highschool, they both drove $hitboxes. Well there was a snowball fight one snowy afternoon, and insults were thrown around, and one of my buddies kicked the other ones car and put a huge dent in it...Well the other guy went and put a dent in the other guys car. So they are both pissed, and getting madder and they're screaming at each other kicking the [rap out of each others car. (Actually a hysterical scene to tell you the truth) But the point is that they accomplished nothing and both their cars looked like even bigger $hitboxes at the end of it......