High IOI followed by No show..what's wrong with this scenario

Jukeboxhero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I'm not nessecarily interested in dating or hooking up with the girl in the following story. I would however, at least like to be friends with her but I would like advice on what to do if I actually was interested in the girl and how to maintain a good friendship with the current. Also, I posted something similiar but this has more accurate background and details
I met an interesting girl at the bar the a few weeks ago. I'm guessing she's what they call the 'social butterfly'. She actually grabbed my hand almost as soon as I walked into the venue! She started talking to me like she knew from somewhere and started asking me what Highschools I attended and if I went to other any other locations where she could have met me. Unfortunately, none of them were places I had attended or been to, so she began introducing me to all her friends. I actually felt popular for awhile because some of her female friends would sorta scream/shout my name, "Barnabas" like I was some kinda celebrity or something...weird.
Throughout the night this girl, Erin would introduce to practically everyone she met and everytime she saw me would approach me like she would a long lost friend. Doing rolling punches, hugging, grabbing my hand or some other form of physical contact..at one point she even sat on my lap and gave me a quick peck on the cheek.
Anyways, she seemed like a cool person so I got her number and invited her to an upcoming Halloween party my friends were having. We called back and forth to arrange to meet and get directions. She also called me to tell me her cel phone got shutoff, and to confirm what day it was.
I called her the night before to make sure she had all the information and was still able to come. She said everything was great, told me what she was coming as and we discussed possibly meeting the next day beforehand so she could follow me down.

Unfortunately, I was busy putting some last minute stuff together so I didn't get to meet her I did call her beforehand to see if she was able to make it, but I got no answer. However, I figured since she had directions and such she should be able to make it there on her own and she had my number so she could call from a friend's cel. But for some odd reason, she didn't show up!!
I'm really puzzled by this since she seemed so interested and even called the day before. OF course I didn't really expect most of the other girls I invited to show up since they only got my number and didn't give me theirs or didn't answer their phones when I called. Although, Keisha said she would come after she got off work at 11am if I gave her directions. She didn't showup but I imagine she can get off the hook easily since I believe she worked 2 jobs and didn't seem as enthusiatic about going.

SO my questions are:
1.Why didn't Erin or Keisha show up?
2. What should I say if I ever see them or talk to them again? Should I bring it up in a light-hearted manner?

animal crackers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just read your questions....

Sometimes girls won't show up because they know you want sex, and they can't let that happen because then they'd be sluts. Or she just wasn't that into you/found a different guy. No big deal man.

Next time you see them, if it's over a few weeks later just joke around and be a cool guy, and then say 'why did we never end up hanging out' and try it again. Even better, next time you see either of them get a hot girl to be all over you. Works awesome.

animal crackers

Jukeboxhero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by animal crackers
I just read your questions....

Sometimes girls won't show up because they know you want sex, and they can't let that happen because then they'd be sluts. Or she just wasn't that into you/found a different guy. No big deal man.

Next time you see them, if it's over a few weeks later just joke around and be a cool guy, and then say 'why did we never end up hanging out' and try it again. Even better, next time you see either of them get a hot girl to be all over you. Works awesome.

animal crackers
But, the thing is..I didn't want sex! I just wanted to liven up the Halloween party which is usually my nerd friends talking about computers and the games they play. Also, the only girls there are married or in LTR's with another guy in our circle of friends. So I thought bringing some new faces would be cool, plus I would probably get some newfound respect from my friends.

Also, I don't know if I have the DJ skills currently to just go in and just get some hot girl to hang all over me. Plus, I'm not trying to jealous. Interesting story though, one of the times she called me show heard me saying goodbye to some other girls from that bar and she told me to not be hanging out with them cuz they were sluts or some such nonsense--even though she didn't know who they were. Interesting, she did sound a bit jealous that I was hanging out with other girls.

booga

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know the specific answer to your question, but in my (admittedly short) experience, a lot of girls put out false buying signals. These are:
1. AW's
2. Professional daters
3. Girls who always double-book their weekends, then decide which engagements to cancel. That way they can fall back on you if their "real" plans fall through.

Jukeboxhero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless somebody thinks this is a bad idea, I'm going to give her one call to see what she's been up to, ask her How her Halloween was and maybe casually mention that she missed out on a great party!

If I don't get her on the phone, I'm sure I'll see her at the bar I first met her at. I'm considering inviting her to my upcoming birthday party, but is there a good way to make her validate herself for any future invitations from me? Or should I just mention it and not worry about whether she comes or not.

Also, nobody really told me how I should act when I meet her again in the first place. Can anyone help me out here?