hey!! hey!!! how about some over here

R2R

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont let it bother me but how can i get my gf to perhaps show me a bit more 'appreciation'. i never really hear words of thanks or little compliments about myself or things i do for her. my last gf did it almost over everything, as much as i said she didn't have to do it, i liked the fact she let me know she appreciated what i did. it just makes me want to stop what i do and find someone else who will. but i dont want to if i dont have to.

The Business Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
R2R, I once had a girlfriend who was the exact same way. One day she pissed me off, and I let 'er rip -- by e-mail. BIG mistake. I rarely use e-mail with girls anymore, first of all because whatever emotions you send are amplified, and second, its better to just be a man and talk to the girl face to face.

Anyway, I've lost my train of thought completely. What you need to know is girls who are unappreciative will always be that way. Maybe they were spoiled rotten as a little girl, or who knows what, but they will not change. If you are unhappy with her, I recommend you move to another girl. Don't bother telling them why either, they will think you are being a jerk because they don't "kiss your feet for every time you take them out".

You are a DJ, so I know you will make a wise decision.

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
R2R,

I don't think you can change that. That's hard-wired into her personality. That's the way she is. She's not much of a giver, or at least she's not very thankful. If you call her on her rude, or bad behavior, it probably won't go over well.

At least you know its one of those core values that you appreciate in a woman, and you can look for it in the next woman if this one doesn't work out.

MAYBE you could, when you do something nice, and she doesn't say thanks, in a joking way, imitate her and say, "Oh, thank you!! thats SOOO nice!!" Or something sarcastic to at least call her on her bad behavior.

R2R

Don Juan
Reaction score
She's not much of a giver, or at least she's not very thankful. If you call her on her rude, or bad behavior, it probably won't go over well.

actually, when she wants to be, she can be very generous. over the last few times we went out, she paid. may not seem like much but it was over 100 bucks for those 3 nights. you made a good point, maybe she is used to getting what she wants. from what i hear, alot of her exs didnt even treat her well. i like to give, all i ask for is some thank yous not just immediately after i give her something. some times out of the blue would be nice. and a 'just because' letter or card or note, picture, kiss or hug....or more....every now and then.

she told her friends, and me once before we were going out that i was one of the hottest guys she knew. now that we are going out, you know how many times she has complimented me on my looks?? none.

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she likes what she cant have.
Be a challenge, keep her on her toes - dont always give her what she wants, make her work for it and earn it!