Here's How To Make Yourself Good Looking

Vassago

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I think I have written a post like this before, but it's time has come around again. Kind of like when I tell every one to stop reading and posting, be cool, yada yada yada.

Whatever. Anyways, many people say I'm a good looking guy. And I'm here to tell you that they are 100% RIGHT! But believe it or not, it was not always this way.

One of the reasons I am hesitant to meet up with guys from these boards is because they haven't taken the basic steps of making themselves attractive to women, and therefore they are embarrassing to be seen with. Yes I know I sound like an ******* for saying this, but it's the god honest truth, and I sincerely want to help people out, even if I have to kick them in the ass to do so.

So let's talk about a few simple things that you can do to make yourself good looking (and by the way, I think you should do all of these things FIRST before you start trying to "peacock").

Change your hair. Take a look at the hot movie stars and models right now. Messy, spikey hair is in. I have it. It looks good on almost everyone. Try it out. Hair gel is out. Wax is in. I like Bed Head and JCrew. It's expensive, but it makes your hair look great. Worth it.

Also, like David D says, get a gay hairdresser, and let him decide how to cut it. Gay guys will make you look sexy to women (and men, if you're into that thing *cough cough Erik cough*). Female hair dressers usually will make you look like a nice guy. I don't know why, but it's true.

If you don't have any hair, or your hairline is severely receding, SHAVE YOUR HEAD. You will look much younger, more powerful, and confident. Don't try to hide it with a hat or a comb over (Hint...Everybody knows!).

Shirts - If you're tucking in your shirts, you're probably out of style. Don't tuck your shirt in unless you are wearing a tie. If your shirt has flames on it, dragons, martini glasses or naked chicks, you probably look like your trying to hard. Shiny shirts are bad. Even if you're peacocking.

Check out the movie "The 25th Hour" for some great ideas on how to dress. I used to tell people to watch Swingers, but now that style is out. The style now is long sleeve shirts with open collars (but not flat collars) and unbuttoned cuffs or slightly rolled up sleeves. Jeans are in. Buy a pair of $120 Von Dutch Jeans, and watch how much better reactions you get from women. Lame but true. But I still suggest buying one pair. You're a guy...you can wear them 3 nights in a row!

If you can't swing the Von Dutch, try Abercombie for some awesome $40 jeans. Or Ross. If you go there on a good day, you can find the same Abercrombies for $20. Speaking of which, I buy all my shirts there too. My best shirt is a $19 Ross Special.

Accessories - Make your accessories subtle. I have nice small 10 gauge hoop earings, and a black choker necklace with two small chrome beads. I wear one or 2 rings and a nice watch. I also wear a black leather bracelet that looks like a belt. Everything is subtle but makes me stand out.

Skin - If you have acne, do something about it. The days when you had to suffer are over. Get a tan. This is probably the SINGLE biggest and easiest thing you can do to improve your looks. A healthy tan is very sexy to a woman. Go to a tanning salon. Be a metrosexual. It won't matter when your slapping some ass!

Shaving - If you shave your legs or arms, you are probably gay. If you don't think so, trust me, the girls do. STOP Immediately!

Get opinions on your goatee or beard. If you have big chipmonk cheeks (like me), your goatee probably doesn't look good.

At last but not least, get your ass in the gym! If your not getting laid AND you're not working out, then don't ***** to me! (Hint...It's not just about getting muscles and losing your gut. You will feel ten times better about yourself if you go 4 days a week. It's proven!).

Your good looking friend,

Craig

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im interested in checking the gay hairdresser thing out

also with jeans i have found MAVI's to be pretty good as well

but if you wanna spend moderatley on jeans take them to a tailor and have them fitted tighter for you

hell do it on all your pants

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good tips. I agree.

As for tanning, check out some self tanning cream. Works wonders, looks real and has none of the side effects (cancer) like tanning beds. Plus, some people have skin that wont tan.

Don't forget the nice cologne.

I just got out of hospital and planning a big weekend :)

I've got the tan applied, getting hair re-worked 2morrow and got a fake Tatt put on also. Gyming on Thursday to buff my muscles up, put on some nice jeans and a nice plain black shirt... and ladies, here we come :D

Victory

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for this excellent post, Vassago. I've always been pretty drab and clueless when it comes style, but I'm currently in the process of upgrading my entire look.

Here's what I've doing:

Change your hair. Take a look at the hot movie stars and models right now. Messy, spikey hair is in.
Just got the messy/spikey look a month ago. I use American Crew pomade.

What is your opinion on blonde highlights? I just got them for my dark brown hair last week. I'm still getting used to it, but I've gotten some good compliments so far.

Shirts - If you're tucking in your shirts, you're probably out of style.
I would never have known this. Should you tuck in shirts that are longer in the back, or just not wear them?

And how long is too long? Also, do you hang your shirts or keep them in a dresser? I've been hanging mine inside-out lately to avoid hanger pokes, but it's messing up the collars. :)

The style now is long sleeve shirts with open collars (but not flat collars) and unbuttoned cuffs or slightly rolled up sleeves.
Any photos online that you (or someone) can link to as an example?

Jeans are in. Buy a pair of $120 Von Dutch Jeans, and watch how much better reactions you get from women. Lame but true. But I still suggest buying one pair. You're a guy...you can wear them 3 nights in a row!
I'll check these out. It's really hard for me to find jeans that I like. Right now, I have almost all dark-blue baggy Lee jeans, and I'm starting to get tired of em.

My best shirt is a $19 Ross Special.
I just discovered Ross two weeks ago. I wish I had known about it years ago.

Accessories - Make your accessories subtle.
Here's what I've bought in the past month:

Watch: $90, by Skagen. I was never a watch-wearer until now, but I totally dig the minimal design on this one.
http://www.bluenile.com/product_det...ry_search.asp&query=&page=4&col=1&row=1&pos=1

Necklace: Black leather and bead. Haven't worn it yet but it's nice and subtle. It'll probably look better when my chest is more defined.
http://www.theheather.com/leatherandbead.html

Skin - If you have acne, do something about it. The days when you had to suffer are over.
I have struggled with moderate acne and oily skin all my life. It sucks, but I have recently begun a regimen of over-the-counter products that is supposed to yield good results:

http://www.acne.org/

I'll post my results in the Health and Fitness forum if it works out.

Get a tan. This is probably the SINGLE biggest and easiest thing you can do to improve your looks. A healthy tan is very sexy to a woman.
I'm a little hesitant to do this because, while in the short term, it will make your acne less visible, that extra UV exposure will usually lead to more breakouts. I'm tired of being pasty white though, so it's something I plan on doing in the next few months.

Shaving - If you shave your legs or arms, you are probably gay. If you don't think so, trust me, the girls do. STOP Immediately!
I'm really hairy, so I trim my body hair once a month with clippers and a #1 guard.

At last but not least, get your ass in the gym! If your not getting laid AND you're not working out, then don't ***** to me! (Hint...It's not just about getting muscles and losing your gut. You will feel ten times better about yourself if you go 4 days a week. It's proven!).
I go 6 days a week; in about a month, I should finally see my abs. And it's true -- with all the benefits you get from it, regular exercise is probably the closest thing to a panacea. I've experienced positive mental benefits also, like helping with depression (haven't felt it in almost 2 years) and improved concentration.

Finally, I don't think you mentioned shoes. Here are the Docs I recently bought:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/219326/c/1650.html

They were a perfect fit from the first time I put them on. Now I just need to take care of em.

I got a compliment from a co-worker today who I think is gay, so I must be doing something right... right? :confused:

Victory

From the point of ignition
To the final drive
The point of a journey
Is not to arrive

-- Rush, Prime Mover

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vassago
One of the reasons I am hesitant to meet up with guys from these boards is because they haven't taken the basic steps of making themselves attractive to women, and therefore they are embarrassing to be seen with.
You know what's even funnier about this quote? These guys you're talking about are the same guys who act very picky and like to point out the faults in women, and ***** about how they are fat, or out of shape, or are not good enough for them, yet do nothing to work on themsevelves, and are here searching for the miracle one liners/pick up lines to turn up the seduction. Ha.

seeVip

Don Juan
Reaction score
I go 6 days a week; in about a month, I should finally see my abs. And it's true -- with all the benefits you get from it, regular exercise is probably the closest thing to a panacea. I've experienced positive mental benefits also, like helping with depression (haven't felt it in almost 2 years) and improved concentration.

Wow i agree with you on other things but. You SHOULD not work out 6 days a week. Your gains come when you rest not when y ou work out. You should not be on 6 days a week unless you are on steroids. You will end up loosing more muscle in the long run.

3 days a week of weight training is the way to go. The remaining days is to eat right and rest.

By the way abs are made in the kitchen not at the gym.

If you want any more information on any of this feel free to message me.

Cheers

Victory

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by seeVip
Wow i agree with you on other things but. You SHOULD not work out 6 days a week. Your gains come when you rest not when y ou work out. You should not be on 6 days a week unless you are on steroids. You will end up loosing more muscle in the long run.

3 days a week of weight training is the way to go. The remaining days is to eat right and rest.

By the way abs are made in the kitchen not at the gym.

If you want any more information on any of this feel free to message me.

Cheers
Thanks for your reply. I totally agree.

I'm following the Body-for-Life program: 3 days of weight training alternating with 3 days of cardio (20 minutes of HIIT). My weight training days alernate between upper and lower body, so there are 4 days of recovery between working each muscle group, unless it's still sore, then I wait until the next time around.

My physique has improved remarkably since last year, when I was at 5'9" 180 lbs and 25% BF. Now I'm at around 5'11" (just kidding), 165 lbs and 12% BF. I've had many breaks in my routine, so those numbers don't represent 1 solid year of working out, more like 5 or 6 months interspersed. I realize those numbers aren't exact, and lately I've just been judging my progress in the mirror.

JoE BoXeR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't forget to:

- get your teeth whitened if they're getting a bit off colour

- switch to contact lenses if you're a glasses wearer, or if you refuse to do this, (fair enough) go to your optometrist yearly so you can get stylish new glasses.

- improve your posture

- try as hard as you can to follow the eating guides by DIESEL or Industry. Not only will they make you look better in the long run, but they'll make you feel better too.

- if you have a unibrow, get rid of it. As gay as it sounds, using tweezers to get rid of a unibrow makes you look a lot more attractive to women. This isn't an issue for most men, but to the guys who have their eyebrows close together, then definately consider it.

- keep your sideburns. It's still the style on all haircuts and nothing looks stupider (in my humble opinion) than a guy who's sideburns are shaved off at the ear. Can you say trekkie?

Can anyone post a picture of a bracelet or ring they wear or ones they think would be cool? I used to think they were more of a chick thing but if I got something subtle and masculine I'd wear it.

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Timeless, not latest

I agree with almost all of what you say Craig - it will work great.

The thing I'm not really into myself is keeping up with the latest fashion styles - what's in this season etc. I tend not to look like a model, so these don't look the best on me anyway. I'm a wide stocky mofo - not too fat, but 5'7, 205lbs of muscular rugby player, and I don't suit shirts left out and expensive jeans.

What I do instead is go for more timeless styles - black or navy sportscoat, tan slacks, decent shirt, shiny black leather Chelsea boots.

The advantage is it generally *always* looks good - I've had one of my jackets for 4 years and wore it to work today. Spent 240$ on it, I'd say that's value for money :)

Comments?

thissucks003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Craig,

Great list! But I have a question in regards to age group and clothing style. I am in my mid 30's. It seems to me that some clothes are more geared to a certain age group. I wouldn't buy something at Abercrombie and Fitch that is suited for high school/college because I am past that stage. I did buy that stuff when I was younger and it was great, but now it would seem that I would be trying too hard to fit in. I still go into the store if I see available targets, but otherwise I don't shop in those stores to actually buy things. Would buying Von Dutch Jeans be wise for someone my age or is it more of a younger style that would look bad for me?

TS

tx_xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JoE BoXeR
Don't forget to:

- switch to contact lenses if you're a glasses wearer, or if you refuse to do this, (fair enough) go to your optometrist yearly so you can get stylish new glasses.
If you wear glasses and have the $$$ you may also consider Lasik.

thissucks003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JoE BoXeR
Can anyone post a picture of a bracelet or ring they wear or ones they think would be cool? I used to think they were more of a chick thing but if I got something subtle and masculine I'd wear it.
Good question! I also have the same problem with accessories. Any thoughts anybody?

Rahul

Don Juan
Reaction score
About Accessories

The best place to look for accessories, (especially necklaces and stuff) is to go to the mall and look at the stores that skaters go to, like pacific sunwear and zumiez. They have great looking necklaces that will go with a lot of clothes outside of just skater clothes (like ambercrombie style and AE).

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tx_xp
If you wear glasses and have the $$$ you may also consider Lasik.
I think that sometimes having glasses might be ok as long as they aren't beer bottle ones. If you do it right, you can dress all sporty or trendy, then throw on a pair of glasses. It creates this image like you're both athletic and intelligent at the same time. Sort of makes you a mystery and difficult to figure out, and if they can't, you look like the full package. Women definitely like the athletic type no matter what kind of girl, but you need to not be a total meathead, otherwise no degree of athleticism will get you past that.

Vassago

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great stuff guys. And I like that watch Victory.

Thanks to JB for adding some things I forgot.

For examples on the shirts I'm talking about, check out the nightclub scene in the movie "The 25th Hour".

And one more thing...Wax your back! Yes it's expensive and it hurts, but it will hurt your game if you dont! Wax your shoulders as well if you need too. And trim or shave your chest hair. Chest hair sticking out of your shirt doesn't look masculine...It looks like you don't take care of yourself.

thissucks...I would definitely recommend those jeans to you, especially if you are going for younger women. Girls like a guy who is in touch with current styles, and having those jeans on says a lot. I would also recommend some nice slacks when you go to the "downtown" spots. Kenneth Cole makes some great ones.

Vassago

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oscar - Your style sounds good! I don't keep up with what's in this season (Im not gay), just what's in this year. You don't have to read a magazine to figure it out. As a matter of fact, for the most part the men's magazines recommend clothes that only a fag would wear. Just watch what the successful ladies' men are wearing, and watch the nightclub scenes in current movies. That will keep you up to speed. You can also grab a cosmo mag and look at the pics of the guys and see what they are wearing. This is a great way to find out what kind of clothes and accessories look good, and what women are looking for.

thissucks003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Craig for your ideas and recommendations! I finally found a store in my area that carries those jeans and will check those out for sure. I'll let you know how it goes.

TS

Lionheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am back after some time away from this place.

I have been to Toni & Guy and yes a man did wash my hair :D
(I let him know I was straight erm....straight away, as he mentioned a mutual friend who is a gorgeous HB, and I mentioned what an alluring sight she is, as did he :) not gay after all :D)

It was cut by a woman though, and although the cut was great, the problem is that it is only as good as the idea that you have for it.

Even if you give them Carte Blanche to do anything, they will still not deviate a lot, and will ask you for some input.

All the same it was a great cut, and I went from the spiky - brushed forwards and flicked up at the front look (difficult for me to pull off as my hair is a stupid bugger) to something that was messed up all over.

Like Craig said, you NEED good Wax, I got Bedhead Blackstick as it is the strongest stuff they do, people without freakishly stubbon hair will not need it as strong.

EDIT : Someone mentioned glasses. If you have to wear glasses, (I do, I have contact lenses, but I don't think they suit me as much) then consider getting slightly tinted lenses, I have a pair with +1 tint grey, and they look the business, I wear them almost all the time.

Lionheart.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thissucks003
Hey Craig,

Great list! But I have a question in regards to age group and clothing style. I am in my mid 30's. It seems to me that some clothes are more geared to a certain age group. I wouldn't buy something at Abercrombie and Fitch that is suited for high school/college because I am past that stage. I did buy that stuff when I was younger and it was great, but now it would seem that I would be trying too hard to fit in. I still go into the store if I see available targets, but otherwise I don't shop in those stores to actually buy things. Would buying Von Dutch Jeans be wise for someone my age or is it more of a younger style that would look bad for me?

TS
I am 36 and I swear by Hugo Boss and Kenith Cole. Shoe wise I'm stuck on Sketchers. Bunch of styles and very affordable.

But understand, being 30-something doesn't necessarily mean that your old or past a fashion stage because of your age.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you pull off wearing a button-up collarred shirt without tucking it in? Doesnt it look bad? I have a couple and I tried them on w/o tucking them in and they hang down past my ass on both sides. And do you have it completely unbuttoned? I usually leave the top 4 unbuttoned and have it tucked in with the sleeves rolled up...