Her FIRST Blow-Up

PURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend of 3 months had a blow-up (her first). It was very childish (I don't want to get into specifics).

3 days later, after not communicating with her since the "blowup" I told her that I forgave her (I shouldn't have done this). She said "I NEVER apologized, so I guess you don't forgive me."

The next day, I told her (once again) that I understood her and that her ignorant behavior was forgiven. She then told me to "**** OFF."

Till this day, I have not communicated with her (5 days). Should I wait for her to contact me or should I make the move?

Thanks Guys!!!

PURE

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You made the same mistake twice and you want to know if it's Ok to make it a third time---right?

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since you have not communicated with your target for the last 5 (five) days then it is neccessary to call your attorney and let him/her know that if your target should talk, sorry communicate with you it has to be done through him/her or through your target's attorney. Be careful because these communications should be very diplomatic and not too much should be revealed from either party.

Got it private???

Good, now go and do whatever the f*ck you want okay?

PURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am asking for advice. I have never been in a situation like this before. I'm sorry if I ruffled your feathers :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

Anyone out there with advice?

Thanks

PURE

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not to be nosey,,,but it is somewhat relative on what u argued about. HOw imprtant or serious was this?....Depending on that should determine what to do next

Reaction score
I would suggest you just not talk to her until she comes to her senses. She sounds like a ***** who needs a reality check. She needs to know she can't act like that towards someone and expect them to respect her enough to call her all the time to work things out. So unless she's an INCREDIBLE lay or you are too broke to go dating again, just go about your life and let HER do the boiling.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be willing to lose her.

You saw it as childish. Respect that! It WAS and IS childish. Stand by your view.

Or you can cave and apologize (she certainly isn't doing that, is she?) and she'll know that she can pull bad behavior and get you to roll over like a whipped puppy everytime.

My point is that you've tried to apologize and otherwise make nice and she's having none of it. Tried it twice and it still hasn't work, right--??? If you have time to waste or you're desperate, try the same thing again and see if anything changes.

But you know better. You can confront her on this. Be level headed, direct, and keep it simple. She'll try to get manipulative, complicate things and make it emotional and do everything to get you to be sorry or guilty and cave.

Be level, direct and keep it simple. You tell her this was a childish and stupid argument and convey to her that this is unacceptable. She'll complicate it by accusing you or getting angry and manipulative.

Don't bite. Tell her it's childish and convey that she needs to grow up.

Otherwise you've got no business with a GF who is beneath you like that. You're like--what?--in college or something and she's acting like a junior high girl--??? It ain't worth staying in a relationship with that type of mis-match.

Like I said--be willing to walk away from this. No more apologizing--you are dead right that she is being childish--she meets YOUR standards here, don't cave into her standards (which are immature and manipulative in this case...)

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with apprentice. I think that she wants you to play into her game. women like to see men chase after them and do as they say. If you dont call her she will do one of three things....

1shell never call you again.

2 shell get mad that you havent called her yet and call you ready to argue about something else just because you didnt give in.

3 Shell get mad that you havent called but she still doesnt call you, then that anger will turn into her being worried that you really dont give a f*ck (which you shouldnt) so shell call you ready to be nice and start the Make UP SEX sessions

regardless...DONT CALL

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you didn't really tell us what you did to piss her off, but
My point is that you've tried to apologize and otherwise make nice and she's having none of it
you telling her that you have forgiven her is NOT an apology. So if you really do owe her one (we wouldn't know...) then that is a cop out.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good catch iqqi--I think the gyst of it still stands, though...strike out "apology" and put in "smooth things over" and it may work better.

PURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

What if I see her in public? What should I do? Ignore her?

PURE

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have read in these forums so many times what to do in that situation I am surprised that you havent. well, since you havent i guess i can tell you. Its really not all that complicated, just act cool....or should i say be cool. You can say i and be yourself, dont question her or start nagging her.

If you happen to see her in a club again you can say hi, but then go on about your business. Talk to other girls, and have a great time. Let her know that she doesnt have the effect on you that she thinks.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Repeated past history is a strong indicator of future actions. Do you really want to put up with her antics on a consistent basis?

dontmindme

Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't get it.. if she's the one being childish, why are you apologizing?

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Relationship problems

The Man's "job" is these kind of situations is to first decide if its worth it to continue on with this girl.

Was this totally out of character for her? What was the outburst about? What caused it?

It is not unknown for a woman to lose control of and be guided by their emotions. This is is what they are after all. Women have childish outbursts all the time and often do not apologize for it (sometimes they do.)

You have to decide if you can expect to see more of these kind of outbursts in the future. You have to decide if your woman is simply a nutcase or doesn't respect you or doesn't actually care for you or is setting things up to break up with you.

If you do decide she is worth it, the Man's second "job" in these cases is to find a way around the problem for both of you without either of you losing face. Especially for you. Women's emotional nature makes this very hard for them to do. Men's pride sometimes makes this very hard for them to do as well.

But this is the kind of guy that women are looking for. A guy who will find ways around problems like this without sacrificing his self-respect and without making her sacrifice her self-respect as well. A guy who can balance off her emotional nature and be The Man in the relationship.

In this particular case, she has already said that she won't apologize. So don't make her. You obviously have nothing to apologize for, so don't.

She thinks she had some kind of "right" to have this childish outburst. Women often feel this way, that they have a right to their emotions and the guy should not be able to discount or ignore them. So you have to concede her "right" to have lost it.

But you also have a "right" not to concede that it was your fault. You also have a right to ask that this kind of thing not happen again in the future (or rarely that is, see women's emotional nature again.) You also have a right to tell her what you "expect" from a woman you put an effort into.

You have both decided to wait each other out for that first phone call. I might wait a day or two more and then make the call. I'd smooth things over mentioning those points I made above.

You should be calm, cool and collected when you have this discussion, not angry, not wussy, not emotionally. This is also what a woman is looking for in a Man in these situations.

This kind of thing often happens at the two month or three month mark in a relationship. It is a "test". It is a "relationship skills test". Women don't even know they are doing it when it happens. They are compelled to. You pass the test by first deciding if this girl is worth it. Seondly, you find a way around the problem without losing face for either of you.