Helping Plugged-In Friends

Xenon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a friend at work who is unsuccessful with women. I try to help him out as best as I can, but he is way to plugged in too actually take my suggestions and apply them. Everything I say he throws in my face and doesn't care. In fact, if he saw this site, he would most likely reject everything and call us all misogynists and sexists (typical, I know).

So, do you guys help your plugged in friends? And if so, how do you bring them along? I tried to start of slow, but got no traction. I'm starting to think that it's mostly a lost cause.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its for anything, how you can help someone if he don't want the help? some people only learn on the worse way, let him get burned maybe one day he will ask for help then you can say only if you stop being a moron and do exactly what I say

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I follow Danger's advice.

You don't sell your reputation. You build it and demonstrate it.

Xenon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you for the Rollo link, didn't catch it this morning. I gained some respect for Stephen A. Smith, for sure.

It's funny you should mention success. I've gone to conferences with this guy where I have had ONS while he goes back to the hotel to sleep. My current girlfriend is 20 years old (I'm 28) and he thinks that's a bad thing.

Point is, if he asks, I'll start slowly, but I'm not too sure he will. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink I guess. Thanks for the advice.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's from work? If you like your job, don't help him. You're doing nothing but poisoning your career track, even if you're successful (he will brag to others and you're both doomed).

Xenon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
He's from work? If you like your job, don't help him. You're doing nothing but poisoning your career track, even if you're successful (he will brag to others and you're both doomed).
I'm leaving in a few months anyway, so in that regard, it's probably ok. But otherwise, I would keep my mouth shut.

Social_Leper said:
You need to live a life that shows you have a different mindset. Others will see it and question the source of this confident awareness.

In fact launching some unprovoked diatribe on the feminine imperative and the self serving, damaging nature of feminism will probably hurt your chances of leading your brothers on to the path of enlightenment.

A lone voice of reason still sounds insane in a world gone mad.
10-4

yyc12

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what exactly are you showing and telling him to do?? are you considerably better looking than him?

Xenon

Don Juan
Reaction score
yyc12 said:
what exactly are you showing and telling him to do?? are you considerably better looking than him?
He pedastalizes bigtime and comes off as clingy, desperate. As far as what exactly I'm showing/telling, I honestly don't remember. Been focusing on finding a job and other things.

I would say we are close in the looks scale, but he is way out of shape and I am not.