Help with this girl at work and her mom

Surreal

Don Juan
Reaction score
So here's the deal, there's this girl at work who sits fairly close to where I sit so I see her all the time and I'd like to ask her out. So far so good, sounds pretty easy. But the thing is that she comes to work with her mom and sits with her and the two of them pretty much stay together the whole day except when she goes to the bathroom or the printer or something so I'm kind of at a loss as to how to isolate her from her mom and get some time to talk to her (it's hard enough for me to do that in front of coworkers already...).
Also I've been seeing her for the past 3 weeks or so and haven't really talked to her yet so I guess I have to act pretty fast if I want to have a chance...
Before you guys say anything about hitting on coworkers I'll just say that the two of us are only going to be at the company for the summer and we don't even work on the same team.

Thanks for your help,
Surreal

electron

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well dude you have to at least talk to her first....have you been introduced as of yet? Does she know you or your name? Have you made any eye contact or similar? You sound young I assume she is also?

Surreal

Don Juan
Reaction score
I made some pretty good eye contact but that's about it, the problem is that I can't find a way to approach her. No, we haven't been introduced since it's a really large company with many groups so even if we work close to each other we don't actually work together.
I guess what I'm mostly looking for is how can I approach her when she's with her mom ?
As for your last question, she seems to be about my age or maybe a little younger...

Brains&Instinct

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to eat each day, don't you? I suppose there's a cafeteria in that company where everyone goes at noon. You could try to make contact in the cafeteria environment, one way or another. You can try to be next to her when choosing what to eat and comment on it (a classic one) or to be at the same table as her and when she talks to her mom you could mix in the convo. Be creative.

Brains&Instinct

Don Juan
Reaction score
One more thing. Try to please her mom. If her mom likes you, it will turn out in your favor, cause moms talk to daughters and she will comment on you "This surreal guy seems pretty nice, don't you think? And he's cute too blah blah blah" and it will influence the chick.