Help with a slightly-obstinate Asian chick...

Antedeus

Don Juan
Reaction score
A cute Vietnamese chick who lives in my residence hall recently caught my eye, and I've been pursuing her since then. Unfortunately, she, like so many other Asian chicks, is rather obstinate, quiet, tough to read, that sort of thing. Now, of course, it would be easy enough to ask her out, of course, but unfortunately, as some of you (most-likely none of you...that's understandable:p) might remember me mentioning earlier, I totalled my car a couple months back and I live in a rather-seedy part of L.A., so there's no place to walk to.

Now, I'm trying my best to hang out with her as much as possible so that I can see what she likes and use that to my advantage. However, I don't want to seem stalker-esque, clingy, or fruity.

SO, I guess my question is this: how much "observation" should I do? Are there any "good"/"bad" times for me to invite myself over to her room to "hang out"?

HuuBinh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You've been pursuing her? Big mistake! I find that asain girls especially viets play too many little games with guys of common nationality. Many viets are very quiet, shy, and reserved. They're pretty much goal oriented, so they just want to focus on school right now. They're not ready to be involved with a guy, even casual dating. I don't think there is much you can do, maybe other MDJs here can help. But, i'd suggest that you move on to your next target, that could be a potential chance of gaining interest from her.

RandomGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am Vietnamese, so i can give you a few pointers.
If she is the quiet type, then its best not to use too much c&f, or at least try to be more funny than ****y.

also, focus more on rapport, and building connection. this helps if ur vietnamese too, but if not, you can still build connection through other areas. explore this through fluff talk.

to sum it up, try not to be a jerk. rather strive to be the "good guy" that pook talks about.

Antedeus

Don Juan
Reaction score
All right, many thanks from both of you. I'll give it, like, another week and see if there's any improvement. If not, *shrugs* the show must go on.:cool: