Reaction score
NLP is Bull****!!!

dont use it!!!!

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
END HIGHJACKING OF THREAD

NickBe said:
I am not going to bother I can sit here arguing the fine points of NLP or I can go sleep with a woman I did not have to hypnotize to get into bed. You take your art I take mine.
Nick ... where in my post did I say I wanted to use NLP to hypnotize / seduce women? Do you not know how to read? Or you can't comprehend the question, see one thing you don't like (NLP) and go off on your own tangent in an effort to try make yourself better by belittling a subject?

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was not talking to you by that point....

But I will let that one slide.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
NickBe said:
I was not talking to you by that point....

But I will let that one slide.
Thank you great master. Tell me where does a DJ find time to make 325 posts in one month? Keyboard jockey anyone?

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A rich DJ that works a few days per month and has endless amounts of free time on weekdays.

Oooo your mad, I like that anger is such a primal emotion isn't it? Behind fear its the one that intrigues me the most.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
END HIGHJACKING OF THREAD
Alright MacAvoy:
  1. You can not remove memories in a healthy way. People try by using excess alcohol and drugs to mask the experience but it's still there in all it's glory.
  2. Given that it's still there and will be throughout your existence, you need to ask yourself what is it that you truly need. Is it forgetting about that person or is it changing the feelings that you have whenever you think about her.
The mind is a positive, forward moving mechanism. In it's simplest form it is a "yes man," a very literal one at that. You can not tell your mind not to do something and have it do it without force on your part. Here's an example, do exactly what I tell you... Do not imagine a purple elephant with pink spots skiing in the dessert. Interesting picture isn't it? Whoops, didn't I say not to imagine that?

The force that people enact in an attempt to deal with this issue is willpower. We've all seen how far willpower takes people who try to quit smoking, lose weight, recover from alcoholism (which I believe there is no such thing) or any other vice which they allowed to control their life choices. They typically fall off the wagon.

Before anyone jumps in and brings up people who have conquered their addiction let me state that willpower didn't do it for them. They actively changed their lifestyle in order to regain control. It's about having the mindset that allows you to do differently, it's what transforms an AFC to a DJ.

Back to what you want to do with your memories, I suggest changing the premise of the memories that you have of this woman. Here's something you can do, instead of remembering the past, think about the positive changes that you are incorporating into your life because of those past experiences. Think about the positive growth that you're making.

Think about the knowledge that you've learned that will benefit you with subsequent women that you will meet. Think about how the power and self control makes you feel when you engage women in the future. Think about the better quality women you will sarge because of these positive changes you are making. Hell, imagine how you will enact the perfect pickup with just the right woman and it will feel as if it happened effortlessly.

knglerxt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the skeptic's dictionary sums it up quite nicely as usual: http://skepdic.com/neurolin.html

I especially like this part about people over-analyzing body language:

NLP is said to be the study of the structure of subjective experience, but a great deal of attention seems to be paid to observing behavior and teaching people how to read "body language." But there is no common structure to non-verbal communication, any more than there is a common structure to dream symbolism. There certainly are some well-defined culturally determined non-verbal ways of communicating, e.g., pointing the back of the hand at another, lowering all fingers but the one in the middle, has a definite meaning in American culture. But when someone tells me that the way I squeeze my nose during a conversation means I am signaling him that I think his idea stinks, how do we verify whether his interpretation is correct or not? I deny it. He knows the structure, he says. He knows the meaning. I am not aware of my signal or of my feelings, he says, because the message is coming from my subconscious mind. How do we test these kinds of claims? We can't. What's his evidence? It must be his brilliant intuitive insight because there is no empirical evidence to back up this claim. Sitting cross-armed at a meeting might not mean that someone is "blocking you out" or "getting defensive". She may just be cold or have a back ache or simply feel comfortable sitting that way. It is dangerous to read too much into non-verbal behavior. Those splayed legs may simply indicate a relaxed person, not someone inviting you to have sex. At the same time, much of what NLP is teaching is how to do cold reading. This is valuable, but an art not a science, and should be used with caution.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Back to what you want to do with your memories, I suggest changing the premise of the memories that you have of this woman. Here's something you can do, instead of remembering the past, think about the positive changes that you are incorporating into your life because of those past experiences. Think about the positive growth that you're making.

Think about the knowledge that you've learned that will benefit you with subsequent women that you will meet. Think about how the power and self control makes you feel when you engage women in the future. Think about the better quality women you will sarge because of these positive changes you are making. Hell, imagine how you will enact the perfect pickup with just the right woman and it will feel as if it happened effortlessly.
Time for me to do this. I'm thinking of looking into NLP. Not to seduce women, but to learn to have healthier thoughts about myself. I bought a huge book a few years ago on it, but got lost in the whole thing of watching people's eyeballs move in whatever direction.

The book Mind Lines was mentioned on this board by A-Unit, as a tool to help reframe your own thoughts, any other recommendations?

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dupe

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
I find my mind always wondering and thinking about a certain someone. How can I create an NLP trigger to think of something else when she pops in my head? What would you suggest I replace her with in the trigger?

I've used triggers before but only briefly and for minor things. I'd appreciate any help.
I know of a good visualization technique that Jose Silva teaches to forget about something or stop thinking of something like a girl for example or a craving from a cigarette etc...

In your mind picture two boxes... One really big and vivid in color. The other very small, black and white and blurry. In the big box you place what you want to forget, and picture it vividly... In the small box you visualize what you want, what you would replace it with. Then once you got them both in your mind you SWITCH them, the vivid color representation of what you want to stop thinking of slowly fades away smaller until it turns into a small blurry dole box, and what you want to replace it with grows into a big Beautiful vivid and real box.

Kinda New Agey, but stuff like this can work.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
...The book Mind Lines was mentioned on this board by A-Unit, as a tool to help reframe your own thoughts, any other recommendations?
Any of the books on Psycho-Cybernetics would be insightful. Also, Tony Robbins methodology is centered around NLP.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Francisco.