Help Needed: Chinese girls

donjon

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with Chinese girls. By that I mean girls who are actually from China, not just asians chicks. I ask becuase there is this beautiful Chinese girl who I see around my University campus and I want to ask her out.

With her being from a whole different country and culture I was wondering if they have a different sense of humour and find different qualities attractive in a man then western girls. Any tips or experiences any of you have had would be greatly appreciated.

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you live in America, you should treat her as an American.. ethnicity doesn't really play a role in the way women think.
Show her how we make babies across the ocean ;)

DJ1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude she should be easier than western girls...you don't even have to try as hard to game her from my exprience and a friend of mine is acutally dating an asian girl who doesn't speak english...he just helps her out with english and the ways of american life...Just ask her out esp. if she goes to your university you have so many things you could do/show with her...ethnicity doesn't really matter but in my experince there are some asian girls that just flat out refuse to consider guys of a different race and think it's awkard/wierd. There just not as comfortable with someone who is different from them, just make sure she isn't one of these girls and your gold....

yama600rr

Don Juan
Reaction score
ask her if she wants to come over and watch some bruce lee or jackie chan flicks... lol

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are the same all over the world.... They're troublesome. Just relax and show her a good time. And don't be an AFC/Wussy.

Find out what language she does speak and learn a few words/phrases that most non-chinese don't know.

Lord Shinra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yama600rr said:
ask her if she wants to come over and watch some bruce lee or jackie chan flicks... lol
That was my last date.

But seriously, just show her a good time. If she's fairly new, the old and boring to you will be new and exciting for her. Go for it.

SomeKindaHate

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey bro I'm in that same situation. I work for company where the majority of the workers are Chinese. I'm surrounded by Chinese girls, most of them with BA's and master degrees from China universities. They're really easy to talk to in person, and we're lucky enough to use MSN messenger at work to communicate with co-workers, but it's damn-near impossible to carry a conversation with them on MSN, without playing 20 questions. They are very serious and dedicated to work.

From what I seen, a lot of the Chinese guys at work are in the "friends zone" with these gals. The guy who sits next to me, takes these girls out to lunch, dinner, movies, Hollywood, San Fransisco, etc... Still, when I ask him if he has made a move, he looks at me with a weird reaction, "no, we're just friends", and it's like this all through out work. I consider myself to be attractive white male, but I find it harder to get these gals than your usual ABC (American Born Chinese) or any American born Asian girl.

You're going to have to put some mad effort. Maybe learn some basic mandarin to impress them :)

blackomen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I'm a Chinese guy raised in America and I still find it a little harder to establish a connection with girls raised in China. Although I can speak the language nearly fluently, we usually have little in common in our backgrounds and end up falling back to talking about school.

Another thing I've found is if you do end up taking one of them out on a dinner date, you may want to pick up her tab. Usually (but not always) they're on a tight budget here in the US and probably can't afford to pay to eat at a restaurant all the time.

Red07

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know more chinese people who speak Cantonese than Mandarin... But if you find out where she's from in china, then you'll know what she's most likely to speak. The chinese people I know are from HK and they all speak Can.

I'm also having the same trouble as you, b/c theyre quite cliquey and it's sometimes quite difficult to get into their actual groups and get invited out.. SO if anyone has any advice on that aswell [=

donjon

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like i'm gonna have my work cut out for me with this one. I'll just go for it and try to talk to her first chance I get. If I fail, I fail. I've got nothing to lose, right?

donjon

Reaction score
Red07 said:
I'm also having the same trouble as you, b/c theyre quite cliquey and it's sometimes quite difficult to get into their actual groups and get invited out.. SO if anyone has any advice on that aswell [=
Yeah, I was worried about that aswell. I've never seen her by herself, she's always with a group and they're always talking in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese, I'm not sure which).

Red07

Don Juan
Reaction score
donjon said:
Yeah, I was worried about that aswell. I've never seen her by herself, she's always with a group and they're always talking in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese, I'm not sure which).
Haha, that is exactly the same as my problem..
And what's worse is I couldnt find anything on this site about it u_u~