Help me train the wife

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m 3 months deep into Greyskull LP and my wife has seen the results. While I could have cut more fat my arms are thicker noticeably and my upper body is much more muscular.

My wife wants to join me at gym.

She’s an Asian gal so her goals are basically to get thin. She doesn’t want huge bubble butt (and neither do I, you don’t marry an Asian lass if that’s what your want!).

I have explained the concept of min protein, and cal counting to reduce fat. She was labouring under spot reduction myth.

So, she was on about a PT which I think is ridiculous given her goals. She is 5ft 1/2 inch and 105 lb. She wants to be about 95-97lb and “tone up arms and possibly abs”

I’ve designed her this but hopefully some of you guys have experience training women.

I tried her with free weights but she hated it, she likes machines and I think at her level of expertise and requirements machines are a good shout:

all 2 sets of 8-12, progressive overloading.

seated overhead press
Seated chest press
Row machine
Leg press
Bicep curl

other than that I’ve said it’s all about protein 1-2g per lb and cal deficit.

Are OHP and chest vital for women, would I be better off having one of those and replacing with leg curl?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Training for women is no different than training for men honestly.

People think it's different but it really isn't.

With her already being pretty thin I'm not sure losing weight is what she wants. If she is actually training and hasn't ever really done it before she should probably be GAINING weight from adding muscle...5-10 lbs over a year.

What she wants seems divergent from what she is going to be doing.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get two pairs of 16 ounce training size boxing gloves. You can hit bags or lightly spar with each other. Just holding the weight of the gloves up with your arms is a tremendous workout, especially for someone her size.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get two pairs of 16 ounce training size boxing gloves. You can hit bags or lightly spar with each other. Just holding the weight of the gloves up with your arms is a tremendous workout, especially for someone her size.
nothing like that at my gym really. Plus not a good idea to let my wife loose with boxing gloves!

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I let her do the routine and I found her doing a 20lb leg press. I tried to explain it needs to be heavy and she resisted.

I know she’s little but 20lb….