"hello" (what the hell!?!)

4afe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am doing the boot camp thing, and I was trying out some of thoes greetings on random women. What the hell is wrong with people today? Its like they dont want anything to do with you unless they know you. It was like I was talking to a fvcking wall :mad: . I was damn upset about the whole thing. I thought that since I got a eye contact back I would say "how's it going?" or "Hi" but I got nothing in return. did any of you have this problem?

Snoobs

Don Juan
Reaction score
yo, you have to smile when you ask how its going? by the way, thats the best greeting. its an open ended question that you can lead into convo.

peace, snoobs

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wth are you worried about? get used to it!

Just talking to or saying hi to random people I've gotten blank stares or no reaction.
It's annoying but guess what? (Been said many times on this forum)
It IS NOT your problem. It is THEIR problem that they are being "weird."

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
exactly.

What did you do wrong? Be nice? I laugh at people like this now.

Once you become more used to it, it becomes second nature and you won't even pay the rude people any attention.

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it's true. It's THEIR problem, not YOURS. The important thing here though is that you failed your goal which was to get EC, convo, or a simple HI back. You didn't. Instead of worrying about the rejection, try to change your game a little. Start thinking of intriguing things to say. This should be refreshing because people get tired of HIs and HOW YOU DOING and THE WEATHER IS NICE today all the time. It's boring.

4afe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, I dont know what I was thinking (some thing I did? Yeah right). Well I have a new thing I want to try, I think I will when I go out applying for some jobs. What I am thinking is say some thing like "whats that" (pointing at her chest, or face), then respond I thought I saw some thing. my real goal is to get a girl to wipe her face (lol). Ill see how that goes (should be interesting).

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every time I try going out like this, I don't get lots of Hellos back.

And I tried a lot. People are not comfortable with talking to strangers.

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ice Cold
Every time I try going out like this, I don't get lots of Hellos back.

And I tried a lot. People are not comfortable with talking to strangers.
I think they are if youre attractive and you smile.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter how attractive and smiley you are, there are always defensive people, people having a bad day, people who have all sorts of issues with god knows what.

It's a numbers game, so get out and wrack up those numbers. Getting the knocks is part of the game, the more you take the easier it becomes to accept.

I like the idea of saying a certain set of things to get them to perform a certain action, in your case, wiping their face. I think when you can start pulling that off consistantly, you'll become a very [mentally] powerful person - which quite frankly would rock.

Ben

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMF
I think they are if youre attractive and you smile.
I am very attractive. Smiles go down after a few "hi" cause nobody replies

MrBond007

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deadpan
"Hello" is rather personal. Try for the more formal "good morning"/"good afternoon". Almost everyone will respond to that one.
If you are only looking to get some attention just open with "Hey bitch!"

On the other hand, just use your surroundings to get a convo goin.

For example, I was rollerblading in my new neighborhood and I was looking for a street. I saw a girl:

-"Hey, Im looking for Dupres Street, mind giving me some directions?"

She didnt know where it was either b ut I just saw she had a school backpack so I asked her if she was goin to school this late!(it was 6 PM).

Well it turned out she was heading to her summer class and it so happen that I was "walking(more like rollin)" there with her as we talked about stuff. When I was about to go back on my way I told her to give me her phone number so we could keep contact and she wrote it down for me.

Thats it.

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are plenty of reasons why they
wouldn't respond. What I wonder is, what type of thinking makes you believe someone has to respond to you when you say 'Hi' or smile at them?

4afe

Don Juan
Reaction score
NatureGuy:
I thought that the numbers would work out after a while, thats all. It isnt like I was upset because I said "hi" once and she didnt respond. It was just that I tried it a few times and nothing, and I was wondering if any one else had this happen. I wasnt thinking any thing, it was a question.

Thanks for the help guys.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not set in stone that every 1 in 3 people you talk to will give you any sort of responce... you may be having a bit of bad luck, and you could go through about 20 before someone even takes notice and respondes. Then again, you could go through a run where every single girl you talk to respondes to you.

As long as you're looking really casual, not looking like you're forcing yourself to do it and smile, you probably have about the same chance as half the other people on this board :)

[made up figures, though I'm interested on how many responces you get, compared to how many you dont]