HBs...not approached as much as you think.

JackBauer24

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, women get stared at by random guys wherever they go, but how many of these guys actually approach them? And better yet, the few guys that do approach them are sleazy or creepy about it. Sure, women get hit on at work or school or whatever they do during the day, and if they go to bars or clubs on the weekend, guys hit on them there, but how many guys at a mall, for example, not only have the balls to go up to her, but are classy about it?

When I saw a guy with a HB, I used to think "He got her because he has muscles" or "She must think he's hot." More likely, they were in the same social circle or had mutual friends or something.

Most people, not just guys, settle for less. Women take what's handed to them right in front of their face, and some guys are lucky enough, not any better looking or more smooth, than other guys.

If you want an easier way to meet hot women, you can make as many friends as possible and it's only a matter of time. But if you want to meet girls by approaching them, you're doing something that 99% of guys would never do unless they had a gun held to their head, and if you're good with your approach, your doing something more original than the "lucky" guy that happened to be in the right place at the right time.

I'd rather earn it than have someone else or "luck" do it for me.

Mechwarrior13

Don Juan
Reaction score
umm ok i see what you are saying...but in my very limited experience (i am in highschool) the places you mentioned are the only one's where the chicks engage the guys, clubs, bars, work etc. in those places the girls prep themselves and welcome the advances but i find at somewhere normal like the mall they are difficult and are busy shopping or whatever and do the opposite. maybe it's because they are out of their element? i don't know, but in my few attempts i have been unsuccessful whereas at a party or what not i get results.

JackBauer24

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm 24, graduated college and not working at the moment, which is good and bad. Good because I'm not busy and have plenty of time to meet women, bad because I have no places like a school or campus to meet women, at least any women above a 5.

I've tried bars and clubs, but they aren't for me. I don't drink, hate crowds, and not looking for one night stands anyway. Looking for a woman to date or a friend with benefits.

Bunk 040

Don Juan
Reaction score
JackBauer24 said:
Yeah, women get stared at by random guys wherever they go, but how many of these guys actually approach them? And better yet, the few guys that do approach them are sleazy or creepy about it. Sure, women get hit on at work or school or whatever they do during the day, and if they go to bars or clubs on the weekend, guys hit on them there, but how many guys at a mall, for example, not only have the balls to go up to her, but are classy about it?

When I saw a guy with a HB, I used to think "He got her because he has muscles" or "She must think he's hot." More likely, they were in the same social circle or had mutual friends or something.

Most people, not just guys, settle for less. Women take what's handed to them right in front of their face, and some guys are lucky enough, not any better looking or more smooth, than other guys.

If you want an easier way to meet hot women, you can make as many friends as possible and it's only a matter of time. But if you want to meet girls by approaching them, you're doing something that 99% of guys would never do unless they had a gun held to their head, and if you're good with your approach, your doing something more original than the "lucky" guy that happened to be in the right place at the right time.

I'd rather earn it than have someone else or "luck" do it for me.
Wrong! They get approached 24-7. You're looking for an excuse to not approach them. If you would have said they dont always mess with men that approach them then you would have been right. But all women are different, and they all get approached hot or not.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I do agree with ^, girls do get approached all the time even if the guy doesnt think he's approaching! Looking for an excuse to not approach might be a little too big of an accusation but still he's saying he'd rather have a challenge then just get lucky. I go up to girls all the time in the mall and have fun they seem to like to and I've gotten "Lucky" on occasion, but still its fun to see their reaction since they are not use to guys just going up to them and direct approaching them.

Bunk 040

Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
still its fun to see their reaction since they are not use to guys just going up to them and direct approaching them.
I dont know where yall from, but Im from da Lou and hoes expect to get approached. Even 5's and 6's. They expect for you to talk to them.

JackBauer24

Don Juan
Reaction score
"he's saying he'd rather have a challenge then just get lucky"

Exactly.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The truth:

HBs...are approached more than you'd like.

I'll start at the end because this I definitely agree with.

JackBauer24 said:

There is more truth in that then most things you will see on this site; mainly the first paragraph not so much in the second.

Social circles are how people tend to mingle. Not just in getting a mate but also for meeting new friends and business acquaintances. There is nothing wrong with it and people who have larger circles are less likely to "settle" since they will have more connections. Hot is more a social term than an individual one, particularly for women who are super competitive. A women is more likely to find a guy hot if her friends also think that he is hot, sheeple mentality is boss whether they will admit or not. It is likely that any girl who is dating a guy that she meet through her friends is doing so because the collective group of friends thinks highly of the guy for one reason or another be it looks, money, or status.

I agree and disagree. I agree that social networks are any easier way of meeting women, but I disagree that 99% of guys would never approach. If you are willing to build your social network and meet new people than you are likely also to be willing to approach. The two are not mutually exclusive.

The socially inept that cannot approach women or do so in a creepy way are the same socially inept people that do not have many friends. They are also the type of guys that cannot hold onto a relationship once they meet a girl as they are lacking comfort in basic human interactions. Take a step back and think about how many guys you know that are dating HBs that are not part of a good sized social circle.

I'm not trying to talk down or be an ass by asking this, but how many HBs have you dated or at least been close friends with? The reason that I am asking is that there is a group of guys here who are in denial that only people who have found this website can get HBs when it obviously isn't the truth. Every gf I've had has gotten hit on fairly consistently even when I'm sitting across from them. I've seen people approach and try to AMOG only to look like fools in places like walgreens. It takes more self-esteem and confidence to actually date a HB than some people tend to believe.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that if you are dating hot girl expect her to get hit on more than you might like. This is more likely to occur from within your own circle than outside but every time a hot girl walks out the front door she is going to be approached and more than not it will be at places that you don't expect it like the mall. And if you network yourself you are positioning yourself to meet HBs and it isn't something to look down on, or think that anyone is settling because of.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
belividere said:
The truth:

HBs...are approached more than you'd like.

I'll start at the end because this I definitely agree with.

There is more truth in that then most things you will see on this site; mainly the first paragraph not so much in the second.

Social circles are how people tend to mingle. Not just in getting a mate but also for meeting new friends and business acquaintances. There is nothing wrong with it and people who have larger circles are less likely to "settle" since they will have more connections. Hot is more a social term than an individual one, particularly for women who are super competitive. A women is more likely to find a guy hot if her friends also think that he is hot, sheeple mentality is boss whether they will admit or not. It is likely that any girl who is dating a guy that she meet through her friends is doing so because the collective group of friends thinks highly of the guy for one reason or another be it looks, money, or status.

I agree and disagree. I agree that social networks are any easier way of meeting women, but I disagree that 99% of guys would never approach. If you are willing to build your social network and meet new people than you are likely also to be willing to approach. The two are not mutually exclusive.

The socially inept that cannot approach women or do so in a creepy way are the same socially inept people that do not have many friends. They are also the type of guys that cannot hold onto a relationship once they meet a girl as they are lacking comfort in basic human interactions. Take a step back and think about how many guys you know that are dating HBs that are not part of a good sized social circle.

I'm not trying to talk down or be an ass by asking this, but how many HBs have you dated or at least been close friends with? The reason that I am asking is that there is a group of guys here who are in denial that only people who have found this website can get HBs when it obviously isn't the truth. Every gf I've had has gotten hit on fairly consistently even when I'm sitting across from them. I've seen people approach and try to AMOG only to look like fools in places like walgreens. It takes more self-esteem and confidence to actually date a HB than some people tend to believe.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that if you are dating hot girl expect her to get hit on more than you might like. This is more likely to occur from within your own circle than outside but every time a hot girl walks out the front door she is going to be approached and more than not it will be at places that you don't expect it like the mall. And if you network yourself you are positioning yourself to meet HBs and it isn't something to look down on, or think that anyone is settling because of.
The things is, what do people consider "hot"? You might think YOU are dating a HB, but 1/2 of all other guys may not think so. Of course, if you are dating a girl who looks like Pamela Anderson or Natalie Portman, that is easy to figure out, but come on.

What do you give these chicks?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...&friendID=59483879&albumID=0&imageID=11227546 (Chick in the middle?)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...e&friendID=76515978&albumID=0&imageID=9512551

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ge&friendID=6461900&albumID=0&imageID=4023577

I find all of them attractive, but maybe you wouldn't. Are these girls more cute to you than hot?

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
but how many guys at a mall, for example, not only have the balls to go up to her, but are classy about it?
More than you might think. There's a reason less guys approach girls in these "other" situations besdes being pVssies or lacking skill. It's because it's not that effective.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mahon83050 said:
The things is, what do people consider "hot"? You might think YOU are dating a HB, but 1/2 of all other guys may not think so. Of course, if you are dating a girl who looks like Pamela Anderson or Natalie Portman, that is easy to figure out, but come on.

What do you give these chicks?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...&friendID=59483879&albumID=0&imageID=11227546 (Chick in the middle?)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...e&friendID=76515978&albumID=0&imageID=9512551

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ge&friendID=6461900&albumID=0&imageID=4023577

I find all of them attractive, but maybe you wouldn't. Are these girls more cute to you than hot?
You guys love to throw excuses around.

I dont have a myspace page so I cant even look at these girls. When did I bring up the argument that looks are really just personal preferences in this thread? I didn't. I know that people are attracted to different things - thats common sense - and never tried to argue the generalizations of the HB scale. To be more realistic there is a general appreciation of beauty that is fairly easy to identify which you gave two examples of. Whether or not I think the girls you posted pics of (which I couldn't even see) are hot or not it is fairly obvious whether they are or not based on how they are judged by people who actually know them. More goes into numbers than looks and meeting people through networks usually consists of a better overall picture of who the person is going to be; a prime example of why girls would obviously be more comfortable with a guy they meet through friends then one they meet through a random approach. Not to downplay approaching as I've had success with it but in reality things like friends approval are important and obviously easier to get up front than afterwards.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
More than you might think. There's a reason less guys approach girls in these "other" situations besdes being pVssies or lacking skill. It's because it's not that effective.
That is the more realistic argument in this case. I used to pick up girls at the mall left and right when I was 15, now twice that age it looks pathetic. Picking up girls in a venue where they are more receptive to being picked up isn't based on a lack of skills but a consideration of reality.

The same reality dictates what is the path of least resistance to actually optimize my ability to have direct chances with HBs. If meeting through friends is the most successful path, then maybe I should meet more friends. If I have luck with cold approaches then maybe I should freshen up my cold approaches. Since social networks tend to be easier maybe you guys should consider branching out and making these easier on yourself. If your convinced that nobody gets a relationship from a cold approach then why do you still bother to do any cold approaches?

What I consider hot or not is pointless here. The importance is in what you consider hot and if what you are doing know is getting you the results that you want.

JackBauer24

Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, I'd give Pamela Anderson and women like her a 0. I'm not into the fake boobs, too much makeup thing. Natalie Portman I'd give a 5 for the opposite reasons...she's scrawny, looks like she hasn't eaten in days, and has a small chest and ass. My point being, there is no universal 10. Everyone has different tastes. I happen to find these women attractive:

http://img.theatermania.com/news/images/9119a.jpg

http://www.prettygirls.ru/wallpapers/gillian_anderson11.jpg

Some guys might agree with me, others might disagree. You'd have to be really picky to think either one was ugly, but some might not like them.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JackBauer24 said:
First of all, I'd give Pamela Anderson and women like her a 0. I'm not into the fake boobs, too much makeup thing. Natalie Portman I'd give a 5 for the opposite reasons...she's scrawny, looks like she hasn't eaten in days, and has a small chest and ass. My point being, there is no universal 10. Everyone has different tastes.
So is the point of this thread that women who are generally regarded as hot dont get approached or is this an opinion thread about what type of woman is hot?

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
-

Hey, Jack,

Those are very nice pics, but I'm sure you must know who they ARE:

Patricia Heaton --- old chick. (Ray's 'wife.')

Gillian Anderson --- old chick. (X Files.)

You got some kinda Mrs. Robinson thing going on, dude?

(BTW, I agree with you about PAM ---- I really don't dig the plasticity. But the little Portman chick does somethin' for me. Seen Closer?)

-
-
-

JackBauer24

Don Juan
Reaction score
"So is the point of this thread that women who are generally regarded as hot dont get approached or is this an opinion thread about what type of woman is hot?"

Was originally a thread about the more attractive women not getting cold approached, but you brought up some really good points why they might prefer a guy that's a friend or a friend of a friend due to the comfort level.

Mahon brought up the fact that everyone has different ideas of "hot."

The point I was originally trying to make is that cold approaching a girl provides a rush that isn't there when you're simply introduced to a girl. Even rejection during a cold approach doesn't feel bad, if the girl isn't snobby about it, which I've found most aren't. The worst I get is "I have a boyfriend" or "I have a husband." And btw aliasguy, yes there is something of a Mrs. Robinson thing going on. Would prefer to lose my virginity to a pretty woman in the 28-38 range. No games, more mature, are appreciative of the fact that guys still consider them attractive.

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was in high school there was this girl that I thought was the hottest girl in all the school. So for the Homecoming Dance when I was in 10th grade I asked her to go with me which she gladly accepted. I remember other kids making a big deal about how she was the only hot chick in our class to have a date for the dance. She went on to be the Homecoming Queen in our senior year, but by then I had moved on to the girl who would later in the year be the Prom Queen, another of those hot chicks that not many guys asked out.

But to be fair it was in agreement with the OP

I was a jock and these girls were in my social circle. Still, no one else was asking them out.

My current girlfriend, who is 33 but still very hot, is very approachable, very friendly yet has this way about her that makes it hard for guys to hit on her. It’s like she knows the game better than any guy. No matter what a guy says she turns it around on them.

When we met there was a strong mutual attraction so there was no gaming or anything, it just happened.

There is this other woman that I am good friends with. One day we walked over to a 7-11 where we were to meet some other friends. We ended up waiting almost an hour during the afternoon commuter rush. In that hour I swear 20 different guys tried to hit on her as they went in/out of the 7-11.

Hitting on chicks seems to be very ineffectual for most guys. It seems they try just to try never expecting to get anywhere, just the hope that there is an outside chance, or maybe just to say they tried.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
belividere said:
So is the point of this thread that women who are generally regarded as hot dont get approached or is this an opinion thread about what type of woman is hot?
Your knocking this one out of the park belividere. I think women generally regarded as hot get approached more if anything and by more confident and skilled guys. I think it's just wishful thinking for a guy to believe hot girls are lonely and desperate for a guy to approach them. My experience is, hot girls have the most tightly knit social circles and don't like to stray from them much.

There is this other woman that I am good friends with. One day we walked over to a 7-11 where we were to meet some other friends. We ended up waiting almost an hour during the afternoon commuter rush. In that hour I swear 20 different guys tried to hit on her as they went in/out of the 7-11.

Hitting on chicks seems to be very ineffectual for most guys. It seems they try just to try never expecting to get anywhere, just the hope that there is an outside chance, or maybe just to say they tried.
Well when you consider paragraph 1 a girl get's hit on by 20 different guys in an hour, then paragraph 2 makes total sense.