Having dreams about my ex gf? wtf!!

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It has been about 6 months since I broke it off with my girl friend and for some strange reason I just started having dreams about her.

I've dated other women and been very busy with work since that time. I also know that this girl isn't going to come running back to me and I have no intention of even sending her an email. We are not even friends. I haven't seen her since I told her off.

These dreams have been very emotional and in some cases very symbolic of things- almost to the point where they are disturbing me. I wake up feeling as if I have done something wrong or made a huge mistake. This is not rational at all.

I just can't figure out why this girl is in my head again.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl is only a symbol. I am studying psychology.

Look at it this way: Someone who dreams hes with his girfriend and plans to go somewhere and never gets there because the way is blocked or too small might indicate someone doing poorly in bed.

Do NOT take your dreams for straight interpretation.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it is not that I'm dreaming that the way is blocked. I'm dreaming that I'm with this girl again in a relationship. And that she has forgivin me...Which doesn't make any sense. In my dream I'm being a total AFC and I'm trying to make amends with her.

this is stupid.

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well Im just still a student so do not take what I will say for granted. Still based on what you said, one could say that " some link as been remade, you have been forgiven and you are trying to atone for something.

Does it remind you of something happening in your current situation? I know its borderline pop psychology though because I am not a psy yet.

Reaction score
Do you feel bad for 'telling her off' and now regret it - maybe this chapter in your life is not closed until you feel forgiven or make amends (thus the afc behavior) - you need closure!!

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dream what you may, but live how you must.

-Grey Fox

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Grey Fox
Dream what you may, but live how you must.

-Grey Fox
i couldn't have said it better myself.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MrBond_Age
Well Im just still a student so do not take what I will say for granted. Still based on what you said, one could say that " some link as been remade, you have been forgiven and you are trying to atone for something.

Does it remind you of something happening in your current situation? I know its borderline pop psychology though because I am not a psy yet.
I've been studying psych and I say that it's his subconscious saying that he has some unresolved issues with that relationship. Best thing he can do to resolve it is to go fvck her sister. :p

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dreams are like an upside-down puzzle. you can put the pieces together, and they may fit, but you can never understand the message behind them.

psychologists (as far as they have come) cannot ever understand (at least not now) why we dream, and why what we dream is important.

dreams- dont worry about dreams man
dreams are just a way for your brain to cool off from the day (i.e. brain taking a shower)

dont sweat dreams

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
i bet it was a wet dream too.
no.. if it was I would be ok with it :)