Having clean white teeth

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what surprises me as I look around? How many people have yellowed teeth and do nothing about it. I got my teeth laser whitened last summer and as maintenance, I'll use a $20 whitening kit I can buy from the pharmacy every 6 months. When my teeth became brightened, I all of a sudden noticed just how many people neglect their smile with stained teeth.

If I meet a girl and she's got bad teeth(or bad breath), that's pretty much a deal breaker. I'm not talking a girl that might have imperfectly lined up teeth, I mean someone who drinks coffee, wine, maybe smokes, but never bothers to spend $20 and buy some white strips.

If someone is a 7, just having a nice smile can bring them up to an 8, but that same person having bad breath and bad teeth might drop you down to a 4. Just something to think about.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
How much $$$?
$300, but you know what, forget the laser whitening. It's not worth the money. The $20 white strips do just as good a job. Only advantage of the laser is that it's all done in a day. You walk in with yellowish teeth, you walk out an hour later and they are white, or whiter. The white strips take at least a week of treatment or sometimes 2 weeks depending on the brand. I also brush my teeth with hydrogen peroxide every night to maintain a bright smile.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
I also brush my teeth with hydrogen peroxide every night to maintain a bright smile.
Dude couldn't that stuff kill you if you swallow too much of it?

int3l

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
there is actually tooth paste that'll do the same thing if you use it once a week...why bother with strips?

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He has a point. As DJs, we should all take care of our bodies as best we can and put our best foot(or smile) forward. I'm getting this teeth whitening done in a couple weeks, cost is roughly $400 bucks. Regardless of cost, it's worth it to have white teeth.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
int3l said:
there is actually tooth paste that'll do the same thing if you use it once a week...why bother with strips?
What brand it is that? Because if it's only on your teeth for a minute or so a week it's hard to imagine it being that effective.

I've tried the strips and find them pretty effective for the price.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont do the dentist whitening. 300 dollars? Jeez! Crest whitestrips 20-30 bucks. I didn't even really need them as my teeth were already pretty nice, but I still noticed the difference after one 30 minute session! I get compliments on my teeth from hot females literally every, single, day!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually, some people have teeth that are stained that none of that stuff will work on.
if their mother's took strong antibiotics before they knew they were pregnant, their children's permanent teeth could already be forming and they could be stained before that child is even born. then you still have no idea until the baby teeth fall out and the permanent teeth grow in and that is when you find out.
so if you see anyone that has a dark yellow , a brown or even black line across the front of their top teeth... remember this.

it is not their fault. it really isn't even their mother's fault as she took the medicine for an illness before she knew she was expecting.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Healthy teeth are not supposed to be brilliant white. It's a misconception, similar to the idea that healthy skin must be tan.

Mage Xtil

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used crest white strips a month ago and they did make a improvement but how often should I buy more? Should I be using them every day?

Xtil

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:
Dont do the dentist whitening. 300 dollars? Jeez! Crest whitestrips 20-30 bucks. I didn't even really need them as my teeth were already pretty nice, but I still noticed the difference after one 30 minute session! I get compliments on my teeth from hot females literally every, single, day!
Exactly. If you already have a good smile with straight teeth and don't have your teeth whitened, that's like having a nice designer shirt with a coffee stain across the front. Wasted effort. I've gotten compliments on my smile as well.

Dude, I've seen laser whitening as high as $600. It's not worth it. I've used both the laser and the home kits and the results are exactly the same in my experience. One home kit about once or twice a year is all you need.

ps- as a sidenote, don't ever get silver fillings if you have a cavity.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Healthy teeth are not supposed to be brilliant white. It's a misconception, similar to the idea that healthy skin must be tan.
Technically true. Your teeth can be badly stained and be perfectly healthy. Maybe that person just drinks a lot or red wine and coffee. But having your teeth white is like having a nice haircut or shave. It's a cosmetic thing just gives you a cleaner appearance and the opposite sex notices it. Women love nice smiles on a dude, so every DJ should make sure his teeth are in top shape.

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
KEY TO HEALTHY WHITE TEETH:

Alright guys, personally, getting this done at a dentist is a complete waste of money, Crest whitestrips work fine. If you're in school, do it over summer break or winterbreak and voila, you come back with white teeth.

However use teeth whitener too much and you WILL damage your enamels.

Use it to start your whitening, but don't use it consistently

The trick to having white teeth is to use plenty of toothpaste when you brush and BRUSH HARD. Put some muscle into your toothbrush, don't be lazy when you brush. Put force into your brush and your teeth will be cleaner. If you want you can brush three times a day.

I know this from experience, I have a friend that was trained at a young age by his stricts parents to brush hard. As a kid, he would always tell me about how brushing his teeth made his gum bleed because his mother made him brush hard. His gums are fine nowadays, and his teeth are a beautiful NATURAL white. Natural meaning he has NEVER done any sort of whitening other than just brushing his teeth.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, I never knew that stuff will damage your enamels. I'll have to be careful. I learn something new everyday.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used toothpaste with baking soda for years, and now my enamel is seriously worn, though maybe due to other reasons. Brushing hard is a bad idea for me.

With any whitening, there will be some damage to enamel. I have read people complain of occasional intense pain after going to the dentist for a whitening treatment.