Having a GF is a pain in the ass

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cod3r said:
^ ^ It's not insecurity, its fear...

Anyway Delta, usually I enjoy your posts, but our views on relationships are completely different, people only get in relationships for sex?? Why would a LTR be a premise for sex ?? I'm sure you and many other people here and out in the world can have plenty of sex without getting involved in a LTR... I certaiinly had no problem getting sex when I was single...

People seek relationships because its human to want to share and grow emotionally with a person of the opposite sex. You said it yourself you have no experience in the field, so really your opinions are equivalent to trash (no offense). I've been in enough bad ones and one very good one (current) that I can properly say you are very mistaken...

LTR - pain in the arse ?? That's just ridiculous, if that's the case get out !

-Cod3r
My last ltr was awful, if it wasnt for the sex i dont id have dated her 10 months. I couldnt stand her. So i do think it is possible for a guy to just wanna be in an ltr for sex. Cuz its consistent guaranteed sex. (assuming ur getting along) Not all guys can have 1 night stands every night, were not all that good with women. I wasnt happy in my ltr, i wanted more of a connection with her and crap. But the sex made it bearable, and ave some sort of motivation to see her.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remulak said:
It's like i can't even be real, I have to always be disinterested and not care or she loses interest. I have to constantly send mixed signals and shyt like that. Is this just part of the game or am I alone on this? I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this because most of my friends with gfs don't do shyt for them and their gfs are obsessed.
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1047257#post1047257

there you go remulak

comic_relief

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually, why do you think that movie stars CAN'T make an LTR work-

because they have too many options. because they really CAN get sex often and regularly without LTRs.

contrary to what was written, this is NOT the case with most people.

especially as people begin to age, their options continue to diminish and dwindle.

THAT is why we get into LTRs and marriage. eventually, it's so that you can fvck regularly, don't end up alone and there is someone there to take care of you. also, there have been many surveys saying that regular sex is faaaaaar more likely for people in relationships compared to singles. most singles aren't the ideal superhotties fing every night. alas....

make no mistake, in many many ways, an ltr and marriage is basically about SETTLING. in one way or another.

if you are a man and FILTHY RICH, there would be no overriding reason to get married and many reasons to avoid it. because your options will ALWAYS be open.

again, not the case with most.

you have to strike while the iron is hot and realize that the window does not stay open indefinitely. LTRs are a pragmatic thing and wouldn't exist without the necessity of it. even psychologically speaking, women tend to lose interest in sex as the years wear on their attention becomes devoted to kids. we actually SHOULDN'T be in LTRs if our happiness is the prime concern. but pragmatic necessity for both man and women made it the most economical solution, evolutionarily speaking, so here we are.

i know. it's cynical. and it's not pleasant. but it seems to me that that's what's what.

delta

p.s. it's not really fear either. cynicism fueled by disappointment and frustration perhaps. but the cynic can be right - BY VIRTUE - of being outside of it. but disagree as you will. i enjoy these discussions without any need for consensus. makes it more interesting in fact and hey, my mind can be changed.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delta, I wouldn't absolutely disagree to the points you bring up.
I used to be a firm preacher of all of them (and still think them true for the majority of the population)

In fact, I tell my current girl that after we end I am done with relationships. I am going to become the most eligable bachelor in my state and develop a personal harem made entirely of the hottest girls I can find.

But, anyway, we only settle if we settle. I would say virtually every guy I know has married because he is settling. It's the easy way out.

That does not mean marrige (or LTRs) and happiness are mutually exclusive or synonomous to settling.

You can develop a relationship with a person that transcends sex and physical pleasure.

When I began my road to becoming a DJ I was cynical of women. I just wanted to be a player. Sex as many women as I could.

Along the way I had a few STRs that were sometimes good and sometimes not.

In fact, it wasn't until my current girl that I realized there is more to women than sex and that the mythical happy relationship really does exist.

The feeling of being in a mutually fullfilling relationship is better than laying a new HB10 everynight.

There is a point that it stops being about sex and games and starts being about deep emotional and even spiritual connections.

Me and my girl have the best sex ever and she'll do whatever I want whenever I want. But the funny thing is I am just as happy holding her and talking to her as I am fuc^ing her.

I am currently very against marriage (as it complicates my dedication to my progression to perfection of manhood) but I see it's merits OUTSIDE of settling and security.

On that note, most people refuse to admit that people change over the course of time. Two people can outgrow eachother, even in a marriage. This is where staying is settling or laziness or fear.

Raikojo17

Banned
Reaction score
show her u like her, but still tease her. my dad still teases my mom even though she's been married to him for 15 years and she still loves it. keeping chicks is not about sending mixed signals, that's playing. if u want a chick, from my experience, show her that u like her.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think why you are making it out as having one as a pain in the ass is because of this site. i have a gf of 2.5 months now and I've gone against a few things this site has said and she's crazy for me. But I do follow a few things this site says too. Just show your true self and enjoy the ride.

Cod3r

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you are a man and FILTHY RICH, there would be no overriding reason to get married and many reasons to avoid it. because your options will ALWAYS be open.
You are overlooking the key point of a man wanting deep emotional connection with a woman, its true... wowwwww !

-COd3r