Have you ever dated a girl who is obsessed with you?

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pimpfromdayone
Who cares WHAT her problem is, she is obsessed with you, you can't lose. Having someone worship you never gets old.

Clearly coming from someone that hasn't had someone obsess over them for an extended amount of time...

LongDrinkofWater

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Happened to me as well. I was actually friends with her dad first (sports), which is how she got to know me. She was hot, flirty and everything I was looking for....and so I was asking the same questions you are now....

Dated her for about a year...it was great. I didn't see her all the time (she lived on her own across town), but the arrangement worked well enough. I eventually broke up with her when I realized she was looking for a sugar daddy. I still saw her on occasion when I felt like getting laid - best kisser I ever knew. Problem was, she would look me up at inopportune times - be sitting in the parking lot of where I worked (she'd get out to meet me, not covert or nothing), leave notes (even left a rubber once) under my windshield wipers so I knew she had been there, but it was creepy. Never know where else she's going to want to suprise you. Sure, in a way I was flattered, but you never know what's REALLY going through her head. She even popped up one time after not seeing her in FIVE years (at work - same place). Did it get old? Not really, there was no effort whatsoever on my part to keep her.

.......and there was a nice upside; other girls tried to figure out why this chick couldn't get enough of me......... :p

Well, that's my experience in a nutshell; thing is, you know her better than anyone on this board ever will, and have to make your own determination. From what you have said, my advice would be to go get her, but only do it in small doses so you don't unknowingly ruin her fantasy.

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
I recently found out that I have an obsessive groupie, so to speak. I always knew from her behaviour she had a thing for me, but I never realised to what extent until her friends told me.

Apparently, this girl has had a crush on me for 3 years, talks about me all the time, gets flustered when I'm around and even has photos of me (sent via friends), which she "drools over" according to her friend. It's a little creepy I guess, but I'm really flattered if I'm honest.

Now the thing is, this girl is actually really hot and totally my type! I'm seeing someone else right now, but hypothetically, do you think it would be too risky to get involved with her? She doesn't seem the psychotic type at all, but maybe someone else can share some experiences with a "star struck" girl.
not obsessed at first.. the girls that had big crushes on me were either ugly or didnt interest me b/c I could get "better" girls. I also am HUGE on the challenge, I like to think I "worked" for it rather than it fell into my lap... but I have noticed after I fvck a girl they become really attached to me and for some reason this is a huge turn off (bad thing to have... im trying to work on that) and I lose a lot of interest in them after that. But this could be b/c I have a big self image of myself and the girls I've "had" aren't "good" enough for me... if that makes any sense at all lol

jairel- if I were you I'd just hang out with her as friends to see what she is like (I wouldnt cheat on my GF though)... then I'd evaluate my current GF and pick whoever I liked more. If you are considering another girl then I assume you aren't going to marry your current GF so why not? ;)

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

I am quite content with the girl I'm currently seeing, but I have to admit the idea of being idolized like this is by a hot girl is VERY alluring for me. However, I'm not sure if I'm blinded by the ego trip and the novelty will just wear off. And as some have mentioned I do wonder if she has this idealistic fantasy of me I can't live upto.

I spent today with her and her friend and apparently she likes me even more now (I guess I lived upto expectations this time). However, at one point her friend suddenly pulled out a camera and decided to take a photo of us together, with the girl wrapping her arm around me. I found it odd that she should bring a camera with her to a bar and even more odd that she just wanted a picture of us together.

Is this too creepy?

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
Is this too creepy?
yes

lol, jk... she is a girl, what could she possibly do (flash to 3 months later and your car tires are slashed and your house is egged) LOL

nah man, I'd just proceed with caution and I'd treat this girl a little more delicately than I normally would if/when I choose to let her go (I do not want her seeking some sort of crazy girl revenge).

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by white_hype
yes

lol, jk... she is a girl, what could she possibly do (flash to 3 months later and your car tires are slashed and your house is egged) LOL

nah man, I'd just proceed with caution and I'd treat this girl a little more delicately than I normally would if/when I choose to let her go (I do not want her seeking some sort of crazy girl revenge).

Haha, the scary thing is I've already had one break up like that this year. Maybe i just attract psychos (and maybe part of me gets off on it :)),

But yeah, maybe I should just be cautious with her. As you said in your previous post, hanging out as friends first sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She is attractive, and obssessed with you.

Let's do a little pro/con analysis here:

Pros
  • She'll do you favors to win your love (think 'Gigalo')
  • She's hot, and you can count on her putting out soon
  • She won't cheat on you

Cons
  • She'll be hard to break up with, and might get vengeful
  • If she's obssessed with you - you will get bored. Trust me.
  • You will have to leave your current GF (con only if you otherwise wouldn't want to leave her)
  • If you know her through friends, and they've been trying to set you up, they will hate you when you break her heart

jimhardy

Reaction score
The aim of the game is not to hurt her. Although this sounds like a selfless thing to do, don't worry, its not. Hurt women do fu<king crazy things. I woman who hates you will only go so far, a woman who loves you but who you've hurt badly is....dangerous.

Its why I generally stay away from the infatuated. As someone has already said, you probably won't measure up to her percieved image of you, and if you do you won't be able to get rid of her.

jIm

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Have you ever dated a girl who is obsessed with you?

Originally posted by Fatality
what would she do?
I could see it mostly in the way she would suddenly get flustered and nervous around me, stutter, fumble with her words and rush a lot. She would also fidget a lot around me, stroke her hair constantly, peel labels off bottles and that sort of thing.

Another thing I picked up on is that she always tried too hard to play cool. She knew my name and we'd spoken before, but she'd say things like "I think I've seen you around" or "you are Helen's friend, right?"

The one thing she didn't do until recently was consciously and intentionally flirt with me.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, I appreciate the feedback everyone has given me on this situation. I don't intend to pursue it as I think it would be a disaster waiting to happen. Besides, i'm quite contented with things as they are at the moment, so I am happy to avoid any drama for now.